Author Topic: 75 femicides in 2019: how France is failing to protect its women  (Read 1169 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 75 femicides in 2019: how France is failing to protect its women
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 06:16:32 pm »
There was some article posted about brides going to China from another country. Maybe it was on Christian Pakistan women at that. It was in the past 3-4 months. I will look for it later.

Thanks, @TomSea .  I think I remember something like that too, so it would be interesting to read about it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 08:20:31 pm »
@musiclady

Bride market trafficks Pakistani Christian women to China
 By KATHY GANNON and DAKE KANG | Associated Press

GUJRANWALA, Pakistan – Hundreds young women from Pakistan's small Christian minority have been trafficked to China as brides in recent months as their impoverished community is targeted in an aggressive new marriage market, activists and officials say.

Brokers offer desperately poor parents thousands of dollars to give girls in marriage to Chinese men, even cruising outside churches for potential brides. They are helped by Christian pastors paid to preach to their congregations with promises of wealth in exchange for their daughters.

Once in China, the girls — most often married against their will — can find themselves isolated in rural regions, vulnerable to abuse, unable to communicate and reliant on a translation app even for a glass of water. Touted as wealthy Christian converts, the grooms often turn out to be neither, according to accounts from brides, their parents, an activist, pastors and government officials, speaking to The Associated Press.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/bride-market-trafficks-pakistani-christian-women-to-china

Just one story... I know too, I found some story of a Pastor who was helping some young ladies escape their situations. I'll have to find that story later too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »
Maybe technically, they don't fit into the definition of "femicides", but you hear ever so often about serial killers who go after women, I didn't follow say Ted Bundy's case enough but wouldn't that fit him and the green river killer up in the Northwest? Anyway, that's horrible and pretty gloomy to even think about really.

Latin America, a real problem. I think now, Turkey is having trouble with this.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 11:42:17 pm »

FWIW, 2010 map , a bit surprising, there's all kinds of data out there. I'd encourage one to look for more than this.