Author Topic: 75 femicides in 2019: how France is failing to protect its women  (Read 1170 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Radio France Internationale:

France
France Domestic violence Women Murder
75 femicides in 2019: how France is failing to protect its women

At least 75 women have been killed by their current or former partners in France since January this year. Some activists say the deaths could have been prevented if France had the political will to follow the example of Spain and offer better protection to women victims of domestic violence.

4 July: Isabelle, 37, is run over by her partner near Reims; 5 July: Christelle, 32, mother of four, is stabbed to death by her partner in Perpignan; 6 July: a woman aged 31 is strangled to death by her partner near Paris.

There have been an average of two femicides per week in France since the beginning of the year and 80 percent of the victims were killed in their own homes.

“These aren’t family dramas, separation dramas or crimes of passion,” rages the Facebook group @feminicide that began tracking the number of femicides in France in January. “This is domestic violence perpetrated by frustrated men who believe they have a licence to kill.”

Read more at: http://en.rfi.fr/france/20190710-75-femicides-2019-france-failing-protect-women-violence

There's really not enough "femicide" news, who would have ever thought France would suffer from this. 75 so far this year, that's pretty bad. I would like to see though, more on the statistics as to whom actually committed these acts.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:46:59 am by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 75 femicides in 2019: how France is failing to protect its women
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:43:58 pm »
"Femicide?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:45:28 pm »
That's a new word on me too....

:whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:51:24 pm »
"Femicide?"

It's the word that's long been used to describe the abortion rates for girls in both India and China.

Boys are valuable.  Girls are not.  Boys are allowed to be born.  Girls are not.

Femicide.

It's a real thing.

@Cyber Liberty  @EdJames
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:53:47 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 06:56:02 pm »
It's the word that's long been used to describe the abortion rates for girls in both India and China.

Boys are valuable.  Girls are not.  Boys are allowed to be born.  Girls are not.

Femicide.

It's a real thing.

@Cyber Liberty  @EdJames

From what I've read of the context in the article, it's post-birth abortions of wives and girlfriends. 

Yours makes a lot of sense, especially WRT China and it's one-baby policy.  Lots of sex selection-by-abortion done.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 06:58:16 pm »
What's real well known is "femicidio", the Spanish word... and it has apparently occurred amply in Latin America, I'll toss out one example,

2 beauty queens, 1 in Honduras, 1 in Venezuela have been killed, femicidio though, what has gotten attention is what was a large number of femicides in Juarez Mexico, but we've come to find that it is widespread and yes, to an extent, probably happens in the US too. It's a topic one could write a college thesis on.

FWIW, wikipedia:
Femicide or feminicide is a sex-based hate crime term, broadly defined as "the intentional killing of females (women or girls) because they are females", though definitions vary depending on its cultural context. [1] Feminist author Diana E. H. Russell was the first person to define and disseminate this term in 1976.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femicide

Yes, it's probably fair to point at Latin America and say how awful but as I said and I'm no expect, we probably have a little of this here too.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 06:58:48 pm »

Femicide.

It's a real thing.

@Cyber Liberty  @EdJames

Thanks for that information.  Seems like they are not using the word in the same context in the article here.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 06:59:58 pm »
In India, I did read... they have a phenomenon there and probably in the real rural backwater areas of abandoning a female baby. I have no idea if this is common and China probably has something like this too. I looked at this years ago. Now, I forget the exact terminology and specifics.

In China, I believe it has been said, they will put unwanted girls in orphanages but, if no one adopts them? I forget how all of that worked and perhaps the Chicom government would deny it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:15:17 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 07:06:53 pm »
In Mexico, mothers have lost their beloved daughters, lots of protests have happened.

Argentina, see on screen, "Buenos Aires"

In Latin America, it's honestly tied to the concept of "MACHISMO", you know, we've heard that word, to be "Macho", anyway, that's my opinion.

And if no one else says it, France has a lot of Muslims. Could this be connected with that too? Honor Killings-types of scenarios? I'd think so.

There's a whole femicide map for Latin America,  there's probably one out there for the world.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 01:46:37 pm »
I was unaware, actually, there have been a few news stories on it.
'A culture of domestic violence': France’s femicide problem
Date created : 08/07/2019

Reuters/Regis Duvignau | French actor Julie Gayet attends with families of victims and activists a rally against "femicide", gender-based violence targeted at women, in Paris, France, July 6, 2019.

Text by: Ivy SCOTT

Seventy-five women have been killed by their current or former partners in France so far in 2019. As Spain leads several European countries in the fight to lower femicide rates, why is France so behind?

Seventy-five women have already become victims of femicide this year in France --that’s more than one new victim every three days. Fifty-three of those victims were murdered in their own homes.

“These aren’t family dramas, or crimes of passion,” insists @Feminicide, the Facebook page that has been tracking the number of femicides in France since January. “This is domestic violence perpetrated by frustrated men who have given themselves a license to kill. These are systematic assassinations rooted in a problem with our society, and in a patriarchal education system that gives men the right to possess and dispose of women and children.”

The most recent data from 2015 shows that France had more femicides per year than the Netherlands, the UK, Italy, and Spain -- though it fared better than Germany, Switzerland, and several Eastern European nations.

Read more at: https://www.france24.com/en/20190708-culture-domestic-violence-france-femicide-problem

If one reads that wikipedia article, it's not an easy topic to define. I asn't sure about what I posted yesterday from wiki just calling it a "hate crime". Some people do not care for that kind of terminology. But just killing someone on the basis of their gender, yes.

Also, al Jazeera just came out with a story on the matter in Bolivia.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/bolivia-men-murder-femicide-rate-soars-190714093743392.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:51:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 02:25:56 pm »
Thanks for that information.  Seems like they are not using the word in the same context in the article here.

@EdJames   @Cyber Liberty

It seems to be a variation on the same theme - women being killed just because they're women.

And my guess is that what's going on in France is a symptom of a larger disease - that all religions are NOT alike.

Neither the Hindu religion, nor Islam values life...... a fact that the leftist media will never address.

If these indeed are "honor" killings, we'll never read about it in the press.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EdJames

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 02:27:36 pm »

It seems to be a variation on the same theme - women being killed just because they're women.

And my guess is that what's going on in France is a symptom of a larger disease - that all religions are NOT alike.

Neither the Hindu religion, nor Islam values life...... a fact that the leftist media will never address.

Good point!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 03:13:15 pm »

That's the big picture, @musiclady.  It's all murder, doesn't matter which end of the birth canal.
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 04:37:56 pm »
From what I've read of the context in the article, it's post-birth abortions of wives and girlfriends. 

Yours makes a lot of sense, especially WRT China and it's one-baby policy.  Lots of sex selection-by-abortion done.

China no longer has a one-child policy, BTW.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 04:46:43 pm »

And the policy they had was not enforced in the Western Provinces.  The point remains, the Chinese people killed a lot of pre-born babies solely because they were girls.  There's no sugar-coating that.
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
And the policy they had was not enforced in the Western Provinces.  The point remains, the Chinese people killed a lot of pre-born babies solely because they were girls.  There's no sugar-coating that.

Not sugar-coating anything.   But someone who professes a desire for facts over innuendo should be consistent about it. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 04:54:18 pm »
Not sugar-coating anything.   But someone who professes a desire for facts over innuendo should be consistent about it.

That person only exists in the fevered mind of one who trolls others.  Being a human, I make no claims of perfection and foolish consistency. 
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 04:56:07 pm »
That person only exists in the fevered mind of one who trolls others.  Being a human, I make no claims of perfection and foolish consistency. 

Yeah right.  So I guess “Admin” is just a euphemism for hypocrite.  Doesn’t surprise me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:14 pm »
Yeah right.  So I guess “Admin” is just a euphemism for hypocrite.  Doesn’t surprise me.

Whatever you say.  :seeya:
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 05:12:01 pm »
China, one child policy revoked and why?  Apparently they were not having enough children and yes, some or all minority groups like the Miao a/k/a the Hmong and the Yao did not have to adhere to one child but I don' t think it was limitless children.

I think China was not having enough women to marry.

Lots of articles on this phenomenon.

An example of failure..

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 05:22:08 pm »

Absolutely!  Profoundly true.

Killing millions of babies, including millions just because they were female, is horrific, and cannot be minimized in any way, shape or form.

YOU are the one interested in FACTS, @Cyber Liberty .  YOU.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 05:23:34 pm »

And as stated above, the reason for it is that they weren't producing enough women to keep up the population.

Not because they valued life or more particularly the lives of women.

FACT.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 05:28:14 pm »
Absolutely!  Profoundly true.

Killing millions of babies, including millions just because they were female, is horrific, and cannot be minimized in any way, shape or form.

YOU are the one interested in FACTS, @Cyber Liberty .  YOU.

Thanks for the kind words.  It takes a lawyer-type to twist words as badly as upthread.  One who is pro-abortion, living in a profoundly pro-abortion State.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:29:52 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 05:28:23 pm »
There was some article posted about brides going to China from another country. Maybe it was on Christian Pakistan women at that. It was in the past 3-4 months. I will look for it later.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 06:15:40 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.  It takes a lawyer-type to twist words as badly as upthread.  One who is pro-abortion, living in a profoundly pro-abortion State.

Indeed.