Author Topic: Trump Has Now Had More Cabinet Turnover Than Reagan, Obama and the Two Bushes  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://time.com/5625699/trump-cabinet-acosta/
Donald Trump has now had more turnover in his Cabinet in the first two and a half years of his presidency than any of his five immediate predecessors did in their entire first terms.

According to data collected by the Brookings Institution, the resignation of Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta marks the ninth Cabinet member to leave the Trump Administration, one more than the previous high under President George H.W. Bush.

The others who have left: Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke and Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen as well as her predecessor, John Kelly, who left Homeland Security to become White House chief of staff and then left that job as well.

The list does not include Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who reportedly has plans to leave.

more at link.

Another Presidential Record!!!  The MOST cabinet departures in a very, very long time.  A very long time.  When President Trump ran for President he promised to Drain The Swamp.  President Trump has ended more careers of Washington DC's grifters, and incompetents than any President in modern times...almost as fast as he is appointing them.

promise made, promise kept!!!

Offline Night Hides Not

more at link.

Another Presidential Record!!!  The MOST cabinet departures in a very, very long time.  A very long time.  When President Trump ran for President he promised to Drain The Swamp.  President Trump has ended more careers of Washington DC's grifters, and incompetents than any President in modern times...almost as fast as he is appointing them.

Somehow, somewhere, somebody's missing their sarcasm tag.  :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Somehow, somewhere, somebody's missing their sarcasm tag.  :rolling:

Oncie is nonsarcastic.   It is how he rolls.  A rolling liberal gathers no moss.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:12:02 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

more at link.
---------------------------------------
Yes indeed, he is 'Draining the Swamp' in DC. for sure.             
Yet far more astounding is his uncanny skill in finding every
buffoon, fraud, grifter, hustler, moron and schmuck in DC,
to nominate and appoint them.
It's beyond amazing!!!!!!!!!

Online Hoodat

When President Trump ran for President he promised to Drain The Swamp.

Not until three weeks before the election.  After the election, he proceeded to name the head of the swamp itself as his chief of staff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

---------------------------------------
Yes indeed, he is 'Draining the Swamp' in DC. for sure.             
Yet far more astounding is his uncanny skill in finding every
buffoon, fraud, grifter, hustler, moron and schmuck in DC,
to nominate and appoint them.
It's beyond amazing!!!!!!!!!

:smokin: I marvel at the very stable genius skill he uses to get these con men, dullards, and crackpots to willingly associate themselves, and often become the scapegoats, to the failure of the Trump Administration.  By the time they leave in disgrace their careers are forever tarnished...thus President Trump destroys his competition.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Is there a cover charge to attend this circle-jerk?    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Is there a cover charge to attend this circle-jerk?    *****rollingeyes*****
No.  Sit next to me. happy77

Offline libertybele

Not until three weeks before the election.  After the election, he proceeded to name the head of the swamp itself as his chief of staff.

Yes, I never could understand his choice of Priebus, other than Trump owing him a favor; a roll call vote was flat out denied at the RNC convention.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Seems to me Trump should hire a temp agency to fill these posts.   After all, in this administration, several cabinet posts are designated as "acting" and even the jobs that are "permanent" really aren't as those who hold those titles are fired or leave on their own.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

Making sausage is an ugly mess...but when it tastes so damn good...who cares.

My favorite kinds of sausage:
Dow 27,332
Unemployment 3.7%
GDP 3.1%
Obama Care Mandate...0.0%

And yes, Donald Trump made THAT sausage with his own hands.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
One does not need to be a political savant to understand exactly why this should be expected!

:thud:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, I never could understand his choice of Priebus, other than Trump owing him a favor; a roll call vote was flat out denied at the RNC convention.

I think that is the answer.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that is the answer.

I would hope by now the President has learned to make better choices in his staffing, and not take the word of others.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Making sausage is an ugly mess...but when it tastes so damn good...who cares.

My favorite kinds of sausage:
Dow 27,332
Unemployment 3.7%
GDP 3.1%
Obama Care Mandate...0.0%

And yes, Donald Trump made THAT sausage with his own hands.

Exactly, also, not being bogged down with new wars, somewhat relaxed relations with North Korea, the fall of ISIS.  All stellar but nothing to take for granted.

Offline TomSea

Next time, win a few more primaries and caucuses for a change and don't accuse your opponents of dropping out when they aren't and a plethora of other instances, i.e. saying a candidate said something he didn't about the bible or G. Soros funding the campaign of a governor,  Iowa, Wisconsin, Montana and Minnesota will only get one so far.

And by the way, the Kochs are Wisconsin, Walker and Ryan were Wisconsin. I'd not make that assumption, Priebus was the GOP chair or something. I won't bend history to my liking.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:21:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline EdJames

Next time, win a few more primaries and caucuses for a change and don't accuse your opponents of dropping out when they aren't and a plethora of other instances, i.e. saying a candidate said something he didn't about the bible or G. Soros funding the campaign of a governor,  Iowa, Wisconsin, Montana and Minnesota will only get one so far.

And by the way, the Kochs are Wisconsin, Walker and Ryan were Wisconsin. I'd not make that assumption, Priebus was the GOP chair or something. I won't bend history to my liking.

@TomSea

Tommy, there is enough to discuss in this thread without making it into another one of the endless Trump vs. Cruz battle fronts.

Ted Cruz has nothing to do with this article!!

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

Tommy, there is enough to discuss in this thread without making it into another one of the endless Trump vs. Cruz battle fronts.

Thank you for the reprimand, I assume that that also goes for this drive-by remark.  Let's not forget, a lot of people thought the GOP-e would reject Trump's candidacy.  These others bringing sour grapes and division need be looked at as well. Cruz was not mentioned but I say that's the intention. Disagree if one wants.

And Priebus was the GOP chairman. That might have something to do with all of this.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:40:08 pm by TomSea »

@TomSea

How can you even say that?!? 
It is indisputable that Senator Cruz has had fewer cabinet departures than President Trump!!! :yowsa:
And it is indisputable that every thread is improved with a sprinkle of Cruz.
Everything is improved with a sprinkle of Cruz 2024 ©

Offline EdJames

Thank you for the reprimand, I assume that that also goes for this drive-by remark.  Let's not forget, a lot of people thought the GOP-e would reject Trump's candidacy.  These others bringing sour grapes and division need be looked at as well. Cruz was not mentioned but I say that's the intention. Disagree if one wants.

And Priebus was the GOP chairman. That might have something to do with all of this.

I'm quite confident that you can overlook the bait (at least from time to time)!

wink777

Offline libertybele

More psycho babble.  The FACT still remains that the RNC which at the time was led by Priebus (who we are talking about) denied a roll count vote.  Delegates are elected representatives Tom.  A roll count vote should have been allowed and denying one raised many eyebrows and certainly is suspicious.  Then Trump appoints Priebus as his COS?  I don't know, connecting the dots doesn't seem all that difficult.

Before Trump even received the nomination he met with Priebus, McConnell and Ryan.

@TomSea not bending history at all.  Priebus was the chairman of the RNC from 2011-2017.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.