Author Topic: Britain is expecting to fight Iran in the Persian Gulf by Tom Rogan  (Read 323 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Britain is expecting to fight Iran in the Persian Gulf
by Tom Rogan
 | July 12, 2019 02:41 PM

Britain is deploying another Royal Navy warship to the Persian Gulf, and it's a grave signal.

But the warship now on its way, HMS Duncan, is a Type-45 destroyer. That reflects Britain's increasing expectation of a firefight with Iranian forces. We can say this with confidence for two reasons.

First, because the Royal Navy's Type-45 or Daring-class vessels are far more powerful than the Type-23 destroyer, HMS Montrose, which HMS Duncan is moving to support. The most capable air-defense destroyers in the world, the Daring-class are designed to operate against simultaneous swarms of attack aircraft, drones, and missiles.

In the highly contested environment of the Persian Gulf, and in the context of Iran's tactical focus on missile, drone, and fast boat swarming attacks, Daring-class vessels are very useful. HMS Duncan's deployment thus illustrates Britain's joining of the U.S. in serious tactical preparation. This is not blustering.

There's also the British political consideration to consider here.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/britain-is-expecting-to-fight-iran-in-the-persian-gulf
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There was a time when I'd put my money on the Brits, hands down.
But... no more.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Good article. I surmise the headline could be a bit leading.

The Brits are ready for anything But...they aren't really into the 'maximum pressure' policy of the Trump admin. The Brits seem to have more of a just-in-case policy, imho.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
But... no more.

If the Iranians are dumb enough to try and take on the Brits they will get far more than they bargained for.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

But... no more.
You are confusing the Continental Europeans with the Island Nation of the UK.

Britain has always been tough-minded compared to say the Frenchies.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington