Author Topic: Obama's DHS secretary on upcoming ICE raids: 'We simply have to enforce the law'  (Read 273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's DHS secretary on upcoming ICE raids: 'We simply have to enforce the law'
by Julio Rosas
 | July 12, 2019 02:26 PM

Jeh Johnson, who served as secretary of homeland security under President Barack Obama, said there is nothing unusual with the upcoming raids from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that are targeting illegal immigrants who have orders for deportation.

"Deportations occur all the time. Of those who have been ordered deported by an immigration judge, hopefully after they have exhausted their appeal rights and had an opportunity to have their asylum case heard, we simply have to enforce the law, particularly if someone has been ordered deported," Johnson said on Morning Joe Friday.

"In other words, they’ve exhausted all their appeal rights. And so, it's important for migrants to know they have rights. But enforcement actions themselves are not extraordinary," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/obamas-dhs-secretary-on-upcoming-ice-raids-we-simply-have-to-enforce-the-law
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline GrouchoTex

I'll say this about Jeh Johnson.
This is the 2nd time I've heard him say something that shows that he understands the magnitude of the problem we are facing.
He may not be the only Democrat that does understand it, but he seems to be the only one voicing it.
He did so even when the others were calling it a "manufactured crisis".

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Good for him.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I can't figure why Jeh is "breaking" so clearly from the obama dialectic and from the democrat-communists in general.

There's got to be a reason.
What is it...?

An off-the-wall thought (of which I have many):
Could he be contemplating entering the dem-com race for president as a late-entry, "common sense" candidate...?