Author Topic: Live Thread Storm Updates: President Trump declares state of emergency in Louisiana, sends federal  (Read 2140 times)

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
For those with friends, family, or other interests in Louisiana, Levi Cowan's evening update:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I don't remember -- did President Bush send resources before Katrina hit?  I know he did afterwards. 

And what I said about people in that region not knowing how to evacuate -- I also meant the local politicians.  All they knew how to do was blame President Bush.  Yes, I do hope the current mayor and governor get up off their duffs and do their part.

A few days before they were criticizing him for considering nationalizing the Guard and sending them in (I don't know/remember the process, but he was on the ball and they were making it out like he wanted to stage an invasion and they'd be just fine).

Then the storm hit, and they were crying "I told you so" when they levees held (this would be before the storm water that didn't hit NO directly had yet to join the party).

Then when it hit the fan they said he was the one who failed and didn't care about them.

That's what I remember at least.  I think most of the rest of the country/world probably just remembers the lies the media pushed repeatedly afterward.  Remember all those school buses that could have been used for evacuation sitting and flooding?  I doubt most who watch PMSNBC  do.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Not so worried about the storms here (but did have a tree blown down yesterday in a storm). More worried if the police with try to disarm the citizens again this time.... can't have them richer folks actually defending themselves from the thugs.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Victoria33

I don't remember -- did President Bush send resources before Katrina hit?  I know he did afterwards. 
@Applewood

The governor was a Democrat woman and did not like Bush - she must ask for federal help to get it and she would not do it until the situation was killing people - then she asked for fed help.  She is responsible for the death of all those people.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Barry predicted to strike Louisiana as a hurricane Saturday with ‘excessive rainfall threat’
Washington Post Jul 13, 2019, 8:00 am

The slow-moving storm, expected to make landfall along Louisiana’s central coast as a hurricane Saturday, is carrying vast amounts of Gulf of Mexico moisture inland. It could dump up to 25 inches of rain in eastern Louisiana and southwest Mississippi.

The “[m]ain concern continues to be the excessive rainfall threat,” the National Weather Service office in New Orleans wrote.

Barry could take the better part of the weekend to plow through Louisiana, from south to north, unloading wave after wave of flooding rain in some areas.

A hurricane warning is in effect for much of the central and eastern coast of Louisiana, with tropical storm warnings covering most of the rest of the state’s coastline. The tropical storm warning also covers Lake Pontchartrain and New Orleans.

The storm is positioned about 50 miles west-southwest of Morgan City, crawling to the northwest at 5 mph. Peak winds increased from 65 to 70 mph Saturday morning and the National Hurricane Center predicts Barry will likely attain hurricane strength before making landfall, probably some time Saturday afternoon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/07/13/barry-predicted-strike-louisiana-hurricane-saturday-with-excessive-rainfall-threat/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.177aec549915

Offline Applewood

@musiclady
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
@Victoria33

Thank you for refreshing my faulty memory regarding President Bush's response to Katrina.  This would have been one time I wish President Bush would have spoken up -- when Louisiana "leaders," residents and the media blamed him for not caring.  There were plenty of people to blame for the loss of life during Katrina, but the President was not one of them.

Offline EdJames

Everyone has been fortunate that the north side of this storm has been moisture starved and the dry air invading has never let any strong circulation get going, otherwise they would have been drenched with torrential rains for the past few days.  It will be bad enough once it starts creeping northward over land...

Offline Applewood

Not so worried about the storms here (but did have a tree blown down yesterday in a storm). More worried if the police with try to disarm the citizens again this time.... can't have them richer folks actually defending themselves from the thugs.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

How close are you to this storm?  I'm far away in Western PA, but our local weather guessers are predicting rain next week from the remnants of Barry as they move east.  Just what we need here -- this summer has been one of the wettest in history.  We've had flooding,  landslides, mudslides, trees falling over and sinkholes.  Dry  spell for the next couple of days, then more rain.  Just awful.

Anyway, I pray you stay safe.  And keep your firearms where the police can't find them. 

Offline GrouchoTex

Seems like the storm may be taking a more westerly track now. **nononono*

Offline musiclady

Seems like the storm may be taking a more westerly track now. **nononono*

Hmmmm............ that's why our forecast changed up here in Ohio.

We usually get rain from Gulf hurricanes, but this one's headed too far west.

Prayers for all in harm's way.  Stay safe!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdJames

Offline Applewood

Hmmmm............ that's why our forecast changed up here in Ohio.

We usually get rain from Gulf hurricanes, but this one's headed too far west.

Prayers for all in harm's way.  Stay safe!!

Some of the "models" I've seen have the storm curving west, then heading east.  Weather people here in Western PA are still saying we will get some part of this storm.

Anyway, just heard it's now Hurricane Barry.  Category 1.

Offline Victoria33

@Applewood

It's good we did not go to Conroe yesterday which is Montgomery County that backs up to Houston (Harris County) north of Harris County.  Conroe has 50% rain today and 60% tomorrow when we were going to meet with the man who takes care of my property in Conroe.  He lives in Houston and they have 70% rain today and 90% tomorrow.  He can stay home during these rain storms instead of trying to meet us in Conroe tomorrow.

Offline corbe

That's very considerate of ya @Victoria33

I'm going to a Clinic in Spring (South Conroe) that lipos and face lifts rich women from Houston at the end of July. 
   Don't ask which procedure I'm having done, OK?

(Major PC/Network upgrade)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

It's good we did not go to Conroe yesterday which is Montgomery County that backs up to Houston (Harris County) north of Harris County.  Conroe has 50% rain today and 60% tomorrow when we were going to meet with the man who takes care of my property in Conroe.  He lives in Houston and they have 70% rain today and 90% tomorrow.  He can stay home during these rain storms instead of trying to meet us in Conroe tomorrow.

Good move.  The effects of this hurricane are far-reaching.  Even if you are not in the direct path of Barry, you will still get some bad weather out of it.    And I hear some tornados are being spawned by Barry. 

Offline EdJames

That's very considerate of ya @Victoria33

I'm going to a Clinic in Spring (South Conroe) that lipos and face lifts rich women from Houston at the end of July. 
   Don't ask which procedure I'm having done, OK?

(Major PC/Network upgrade)

I always knew that you were a dame.....  pretending to be a guy....  what is that picture you are using?  You from 10-12 years ago?

You can't fool us any more...

Offline corbe

I always knew that you were a dame.....  pretending to be a guy....  what is that picture you are using?  You from 10-12 years ago?

You can't fool us any more...

Crap, My Avatar again, you guys need to get out more.  @EdJames  @DCPatriot  :smokin:

Offline EdJames

Crap, My Avatar again, you guys need to get out more.  @EdJames  @DCPatriot  :smokin:

HA!

I bet that is you from more than 20 years ago!!

Now it all starts to come out.....

Offline corbe

You azzholes outnumber us 'Dames' here 2 to 1.  This place oftentimes reeks with Testosterone.   8888crybaby

Offline EdJames

That's it... keeping talking friend....  the truth will set you free!!

:yowsa: