Author Topic: Paul Ryan says he saw retirement as an 'escape hatch' from Trump: book  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What gets to all of them .... a deal with the devil to hold onto power.
Ryan was so desperate for power he hesitated to take the speaker's title until forced to by the lack of intelligent candidates, and then he quit altogether.  Just my opinion...I think it is dumb to believe Paul Ryan was motivated by power.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ryan was so desperate for power he hesitated to take the speaker's title until forced to by the lack of intelligent candidates, and then he quit altogether.  Just my opinion...I think it is dumb to believe Paul Ryan was motivated by power.

It's entirely possible Ryan accepted the post just to stymie Trump.  A Wisconsin version of Jeff Flake.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

It's entirely possible Ryan accepted the post just to stymie Trump.  A Wisconsin version of Jeff Flake.
It's entirely possible Trump believes the only reason he is such a failure is somebody else's fault too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Reagan faced his 3rd party kook,John Anderson.

In the end of Anderson's political career,he was a Ralph Nader supporter.

Anderson, Flake,  Amash, McMuffin, all runningg for Potus.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

The only "escape hatch" Ryan took was the one from being blackmailed.  Just wish he would have taken it a lot sooner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's entirely possible Trump believes the only reason he is such a failure is somebody else's fault too.

Whatever you say.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right Reason

What's the difference between Paul Ryan and a burning paper bag full of excrement?

The flames.
Never before in our country's history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged - and yet so empty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Given that this failure of a president has already moved the ball further in my direction than any other since Reagan, I'm for more failure of that kind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Given that this failure of a president has already moved the ball further in my direction than any other since Reagan, I'm for more failure of that kind!
He's real good at dribbling but unless he scores a point it don't count.  I'm glad you are satisfied with ridiculous spending, a more porous border than Obama, world wide ridicule, a swampier Washington, and the most divided nation of our lifetime.  Enjoy.  I am not satisfied.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What's the difference between Paul Ryan and a burning paper bag full of excrement?

The flames.

:thumbsup:   @Right Reason

Offline bilo

:yowsa:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

Whatever you say.

How can anyone be taken seriously when they refuse to acknowledge the good Trump has done, and fixate only on criticism?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
How can anyone be taken seriously when they refuse to acknowledge the good Trump has done, and fixate only on criticism?

Because there are several here who can not admit that the POTUS can do anything wrong.  And if they had their way this place would become an orange echo chamber like TOS.  I am thankful to Myst every day that she has not allowed that to happen.

Trump has done a lot of good, but he has also acted like an idiot on several  occasions.   It's a mixed bag at this point.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because there are several here who can not admit that the POTUS can do anything wrong.  And if they had their way this place would become an orange echo chamber like TOS.  I am thankful to Myst every day that she has not allowed that to happen.

Trump has done a lot of good, but he has also acted like an idiot on several  occasions.   It's a mixed bag at this point.

There is a happy medium somewhere in between.  Donald Trump was my 16th choice out of 17 back in the '16 Primaries.  As expected, I find myself having to defend a man of poor character because of the over-the-top attacks from the left-wing wackos.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There is a happy medium somewhere in between.  Donald Trump was my 16th choice out of 17 back in the '16 Primaries.  As expected, I find myself having to defend a man of poor character because of the over-the-top attacks from the left-wing wackos.

Same here. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

NEVER voted for him but the fact is that he IS the president now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

What changed in Ryan?
In 2012, he was a deficit hawk?
We all loved the guy.
I wonder who/what got to him in the past few years?

Ryan was a do nothing liar from the get go.  Then he had the audacity to make a speech after Trump was sworn in saying that now was the GOP's opportunity and things were going to change?  I knew then he was creating yet another lie.  You can't have the same FAILED leadership and expect different results.

The guy makes my skin crawl.  He rates right up there with McCain.

He IS in part the reason why we have the crisis at the border.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:41:13 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Ryan was a do nothing liar from the get go.  Then he had the audacity to make a speech after Trump was sworn in saying that now was the GOP's opportunity and things were going to change?  I knew then he was creating yet another lie.  You can't have the same FAILED leadership and expect different results.

The guy makes my skin crawl.  He rates right up there with McCain.

McCain has always been a fly in the vaseline, but Ryan has not.  Something definitely shifted in him during Boehner's tenure.  Ryan's biggest betrayal of all was voting to do away with the debt ceiling and handing the President blank check authority, bypassing Congress.  It was an affront to our Constitution and everything Conservatism stands for.  It is not something he ever would have done a decade earlier.

Someone got to him.  Someone turned him.  Someone had something on him that made him sell out America.  I am 100% convinced he was being blackmailed.  Not an excuse, only an explanation.  His crime was not what he did to be blackmailed.  His crime was allowing himself to be blackmailed.  The proper course of action would be to come clean, expose the extortionists, and resign.  He simply lacked the courage and conviction to do so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-