Author Topic: DEVELOPING....Trump drops bid to add citizenship question to 2020 census  (Read 950 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump drops bid to add citizenship question to 2020 census
By Jordan Fabian and Jacqueline Thomsen - 07/11/19 05:53 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

President Trump said Thursday he is dropping his administration’s effort to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, a reversal that comes days after he demanded his team push forward after the Supreme Court blocked the move.

Trump said that he would instead issue an executive order requiring federal agencies to provide the Commerce Department information on citizens and noncitizens in the United States, a process he said would provide a more accurate count.

“Today, I am here to say we are not backing down on our effort to determine the citizenship status of the United States population,” Trump said during remarks in the Rose Garden of the White House, flanked by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Attorney General William Barr.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/452709-trump-drops-bid-to-add-citizenship-question-to-2020-census
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Never gonna fly.  Injunction by Friday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What s going on here?  Other forms of data don't do a thing for us.  The Census is directed by the Constitution to determine population.  To determine the number of Representatives and tho allocate Federal funds based on population.

The Constitution only allows for these things by the Census.  It is the only form of data to determine those things.  So whats Trump going to do with data he collects?

I can't believe this garbage.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

He is taking another route it sounds like. More thanone way to gather those number and likely more accurate. I mean who is going to mark on a census they are undocumented?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What s going on here?  Other forms of data don't do a thing for us.  The Census is directed by the Constitution to determine population.  To determine the number of Representatives and tho allocate Federal funds based on population.

The Constitution only allows for these things by the Census.  It is the only form of data to determine those things.  So whats Trump going to do with data he collects?

I can't believe this garbage.

Are you aware of all of the other data CB collects and processes on you that aren't mandated in the dicentenial?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Are you aware of all of the other data CB collects and processes on you that aren't mandated in the dicentenial?

And what can you do with that data?  It doesn't have the Constitution behind it.  You can't use it for the same reasons the Constitution mandates a Census.  For the citizens to provide Representatives by population.  To provide for American citizens with Federal Funds.  For Electoral votes.  The Constitution mandates these things for those purposes.  If he collects it what can he do with it?

And I was thinking about it tonight.  Trump is a loser.  He hasn't won on anything.  Everything that he has tried or said he was going to do he ends up losing to Democrats.  They are probably having parties tonight.  Planning their new Congressional districts in California.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:58:48 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump : Today, I am here to say we are not backing down on our effort to determine the citizenship status of the United States population.

Narrator            : He was, in fact, backing down.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

And what can you do with that data?  It doesn't have the Constitution behind it.  You can't use it for the same reasons the Constitution mandates a Census.  For the citizens to provide Representatives by population.  To provide for American citizens with Federal Funds.  For Electoral votes.  The Constitution mandates these things for those purposes.  If he collects it what can he do with it?

And I was thinking about it tonight.  Trump is a loser.  He hasn't won on anything.  Everything that he has tried or said he was going to do he ends up losing to Democrats.  They are probably having parties tonight.  Planning their new Congressional districts in California.

As history has shown, they can do whatever they want.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
On the mark!!!
This has been the case since his Mother
labeled him incorrigible 60 years ago.
But his fan club won't accept it!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
-------------------------------
On the mark!!!
This has been the case since his Mother labeled him incorrigible 60 years ago.  But his fan club won't accept it!!!

Don't worry about his fan club, they are almost but not quite as predictable as the Never-Trumpers.  All these kinds of comments do is fan the flames and make the division even wider.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Don't worry about his fan club, they are almost but not quite as predictable as the Never-Trumpers.  All these kinds of comments do is fan the flames and make the division even wider.

Never Trumpers is just a made up title.  I bet most of the people that are referred to as such would have jumped on the train if he hadn't continued to fold on every single policy.  Its like a up and down roller coaster.  The most dangerous one of all!  Excitement build as you are going up but you always come down (fall down with a big thud.  Major derail).  The kind of down that is devastating.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:26:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online libertybele

All I can say, is this is yet another issue that he's backpedaled on.  It's to the point that I expect him to do the opposite every time he says he's going to do something.

I want nothing more than for him to succeed.  Disappointment after disappointment.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Never Trumpers is just a made up title.  I bet most of the people that are referred to as such would have jumped on the train if he hadn't continued to fold on every single policy.  Its like a up and down roller coaster.  The most dangerous one of all!  Excitement build as you are going up but you always come down (fall down with a big thud.  Major derail).  The kind of down that is devastating.

It may be a made-up title, but I consider the definition of a "Never Trumper" to be rather specific:  One who finds bad intent in literally every Trump action.  There are very few true "Never Trumps who see a cloud in every silver lining.

I don't consider you one of them, @Chosen Daughter.   wink777
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:44:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It may be a made-up title, but I consider the definition of a "Never Trumper" to be rather specific:  One who finds bad intent in literally every Trump action.  There are very few true "Never Trumps who see a cloud in every silver lining.

I don't consider you one of them, @Chosen Daughter.   wink777

Thank you.   ****cute kitty

I have tried several times to get on the train.  Then I quickly exit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

All I can say, is this is yet another issue that he's backpedaled on.  It's to the point that I expect him to do the opposite every time he says he's going to do something.

I want nothing more than for him to succeed.  Disappointment after disappointment.   **nononono*

The only thing we could hope for at this point would be the data he collects results in them only sending Census to citizens.  If it doesn't then everything you speak about all the time concerning turning the voting table will be reality.  We will never stand a chance again.  We are barely equal now and even last election could have turned with more Electoral votes from Liberal districts.  And the fact that illegals are voting now makes it hard to imagine that they won't implement their open border, free everything un - American anti Constitutional agenda.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Thank you.   ****cute kitty

I have tried several times to get on the train.  Then I quickly exit.

Both extreme camps do a pretty good job of pushing me away, so it's not difficult to stay out here in the wishy-washy middle.  Comes in handy when I find myself gravitating either way. 

("Home" is where the kittens are, and mine have a distinct ability to stay away from outliers.  One can do worse than listen to one's cats.)
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The only thing we could hope for at this point would be the data he collects results in them only sending Census to citizens.  If it doesn't then everything you speak about all the time concerning turning the voting table will be reality.  We will never stand a chance again.  We are barely equal now and even last election could have turned with more Electoral votes from Liberal districts.  And the fact that illegals are voting now makes it hard to imagine that they won't implement their open border, free everything un - American anti Constitutional agenda.

Not sending them to non-Citizens is a guaranteed SCOTUS slap-down.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think the question will not be on the census because there are other more reliable ways to find this information. Questioning a respondent is likely the most unreliable way to gather statistics. People lie on surveys all the time. Some do it for a reason. Others do it for no reason, just as a joke.

With any person in America, if the government has a name, address, date of birth, and other information provided by the census, it is a relatively simple process to determine whether or not they are naturalize or a citizen.

I think Trump backed down because after causing a huge shit-storm, level headed people finally convinced him that, one: it is not necessary, and two: it is unreliable garbage information anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think the question will not be on the census because there are other more reliable ways to find this information. Questioning a respondent is likely the most unreliable way to gather statistics. People lie on surveys all the time. Some do it for a reason. Others do it for no reason, just as a joke.

With any person in America, if the government has a name, address, date of birth, and other information provided by the census, it is a relatively simple process to determine whether or not they are naturalize or a citizen.

I think Trump backed down because after causing a huge shit-storm, level headed people finally convinced him that, one: it is not necessary, and two: it is unreliable garbage information anyway.

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If the Rats are paying any attention, they should be a lot more pizzed at his solution than a mere question on a form (that can easily be lied to).  If he can pull it off, the Rats are in a much worse position than they were at the start.

I don't see it lasting though.  A Federal Judge in Hawaii is waiting for a case to present so he can slap an injunction on it.  Or Seattle.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the Rats are paying any attention, they should be a lot more pizzed at his solution than a mere question on a form (that can easily be lied to).  If he can pull it off, the Rats are in a much worse position than they were at the start.

I don't see it lasting though.  A Federal Judge in Hawaii is waiting for a case to present so he can slap an injunction on it.  Or Seattle.
That may be a tough nut to crack. A Judge would have to rule that the Federal Government does not have the 'right' to determine the citizenship of its population. Such a ruling would be so profoundly absurd, that SCOTUS would overrule it immediately.

If the Federal Government does not have the right to investigate my status as a citizen, then how can they collect taxes from me? How can they incarcerate me? If the government cannot investigate my past as related to citizenship, then how can the IRS investigate my finances.

A ruling like this would have broad implications far beyond the census or an election. It would handcuff several Federal Departments.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Absalom

Trump's fans will always have an excuse for his non-performance.
Yet the point is Not the census question.
Rather it's China, No. Korea, Iran, Mexico, Venezuela,
Spending, his Appointments and on and on and on......

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
That may be a tough nut to crack. A Judge would have to rule that the Federal Government does not have the 'right' to determine the citizenship of its population. Such a ruling would be so profoundly absurd, that SCOTUS would overrule it immediately.

If the Federal Government does not have the right to investigate my status as a citizen, then how can they collect taxes from me? How can they incarcerate me? If the government cannot investigate my past as related to citizenship, then how can the IRS investigate my finances.

A ruling like this would have broad implications far beyond the census or an election. It would handcuff several Federal Departments.

The end result is chaos, delay and dysfunction.   As intended.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The end result is chaos, delay and dysfunction.   As intended.

:crossed:
I will NOT comply.