Author Topic: Can a serious Democrat please run for president?  (Read 5404 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Can a serious Democrat please run for president?
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2019, 08:36:46 pm »
Sorry Cyber - That has not been behind a mask. We have all known the liberal agenda for a very, very long time.

He's not playing to us.  You and I have known, but I'm not so sure about our LIV brethren.   ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****

They're the ones Trump needs to wake up if he is to "expand the base."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2019, 12:37:40 am »
Sorry Cyber - That has not been behind a mask. We have all known the liberal agenda for a very, very long time.

@roamer_1

What's with this "we" stuff? You pregnant?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:07 am »
@roamer_1

What's with this "we" stuff? You pregnant?

@sneakypete

'We have all known'...

We.. all..

Everyone in range.

If some of y'all weren't bright enough to be included, I apologize for the assumption.  :whistle:
Carry on.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2019, 12:53:50 am »
@sneakypete

If some of y'all weren't bright enough to be included, I apologize for the assumption.  :whistle:
Carry on.

@roamer_1

Thanks! That's awful white of you.

BTW,bless your soul!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2019, 12:56:09 am »
@roamer_1

Thanks! That's awful white of you.

BTW,bless your soul!

:silly: :tongue2:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2019, 12:57:55 am »
It is one hell of a gamble to deliberately radicalize (and motivate) your opponent in the hope they become too radicalized to win the election.   If it works,  solid, but if it fails we may well see the end of the Republic.

This all goes back to the question of whether he is radicalizing them, or simply exposing their radicalism that already existed.  That may be the ultimate question that divides so many of us on whether he is a force for good or ill.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2019, 01:02:38 am »
This all goes back to the question of whether he is radicalizing them, or simply exposing their radicalism that already existed.  That may be the ultimate question that divides so many of us on whether he is a force for good or ill.

Tough for me to say, because if he's the one that's been doing it, he started before I was born.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2019, 01:31:31 pm »
Maybe that explains why Trump does it in the first place....Because it is working.

You think it's working?   Have you seen the polls?   It's ensuring his defeat!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2019, 01:33:59 pm »

But he's not doing a good job at exposing their radicalism.   He's turned the narrative away from the squad's radicalism and instead allowed the media to portray them as victims of racism.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2019, 01:43:51 pm »
You think it's working?   Have you seen the polls?   It's ensuring his defeat!

His polls?  Have you?  His numbers (fwtiw) look very good right now.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:14 pm »
But he's not doing a good job at exposing their radicalism.   He's turned the narrative away from the squad's radicalism and instead allowed the media to portray them as victims of racism.   

As if the media needed an excuse to carry the left's water.

It wouldn't matter if Trump spent 100% of his time passing out candy in DC schools or ladling out soup in a homeless shelter they'd find reasons to say exactly the same things they're saying now. As they did with squishes like Mitt Romney.

The left decided on a strategy of polarization years ago. All Trump is doing is openly acknowledging it - because it is clear ignoring it is simply enabling it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:53:15 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2019, 01:58:14 pm »
As if the media needed an excuse to carry the left's water.

It wouldn't matter if Trump spent 100% of his time passing out candy in DC schools or ladling out soup in a homeless shelter they'd find reasons to say exactly the same things they're saying now. As they did with squishes like Mitt Romney.

The left decided on a strategy of polarization years ago. All Trump is doing is openly acknowledging it - because it is clear ignoring it is simply enabling it.

:yowsa:  Spot on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »

His polls?  Have you?  His numbers (fwtiw) look very good right now.

His polls show him getting his ass whipped.   

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2019, 02:09:58 pm »

The media is always going to portray the left sympathetically, and either bury or not report at all things they say that are truly offensive to most Americans.  They've done that same crap going all the way back to Reagan.  It's gotten much worse over the last decade or so as they've bought completely into the concept of "racial justice", "privilege", etc., where criticism of someone who happens to be a minority is equated to criticism of someone because they're a minority.  Anyway, in this particular case, the mainstream media generally buried the offensive statements made by members of "The Squad", and were already using the argument that "any conservative who criticizes them is being racist" even  before Trump tweeted.

The issue with Trump isn't how the media portrays what he says, though.  It's how did you become aware that people with the views of "The Squad" were a significant part of the Democrat party in the first place?   And how many Americans who you think were unaware of some of the horrible things they've said will become aware of them because Trump started this brushfire?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:16:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2019, 02:11:16 pm »
By the way, it just struck me how the title of this thread reveals how badly the author fails to comprehend the threat.

The people running for the Democrat nomination are serious.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2019, 02:17:57 pm »
The media is always going to portray the left sympathetically, and either bury or not report at all things they say that are truly offensive to most Americans.  They did that same crap going all the way back to Reagan.

The issue with Trump isn't how the media portrays what he says, though.  It's how did you become aware that people with the views of "The Squad" were a significant part of the Democrat party in the first place?

Trump is simply openly opposing these lunatics, and rightly tying the rat party to them. They truly are its motive force.

Of course they do not want to be opposed - surrendering the field to them as we have up until now has worked so well for them. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:18:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2019, 02:21:26 pm »

Except that Trump has a track record in these matches to use as a barometer. And recent history tells us whenever these eruptions occurred, it worked out in Trump’s favor. In the end, he always comes out on top.

Some ask, is he really that smart? Does he plan moves in advance, or is he just lucky after he “blunders.”

No, he really is that smart.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2019, 02:37:53 pm »
The issue with Trump isn't how the media portrays what he says, though.  It's how did you become aware that people with the views of "The Squad" were a significant part of the Democrat party in the first place?   And how many Americans who you think were unaware of some of the horrible things they've said will become aware of them because Trump started this brushfire?

I agree that's the issue.   But why cannot Trump (and other Republicans)  expose their radicalism without handing the Dems and their media a weapon to portray Trump (and by extension Republicans) as racist?     The narrative this morning is that Republicans, by not "speaking out" against Trump's tweets, are endorsing his racism.    If there's any discussion of the Squad's radicalism, I'm not hearing it.  All I'm hearing is outrage over Trump's racist trope and these four poor victims.    The above-the-fold feature in this morning's Philly Inquirer, for example, consists of interviews with immigrants who lament the times they've been heckled to "go home".   

The media is going to have a field day tying Republicans to Trump's love-it-or-leave-it screed.    The message that the Dems are embracing truly dangerous ideas is being lost in the media dogpile on Trump's Archie Bunker imitation.     

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:39:46 pm by Jazzhead »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »

The problem is that not acknowledging it permits Democrats to paint a distorted picture of the political choices presented to voters.  The media generally won't cover damaging statements made by leftists, so voters don't even get to hear both sides for themselves.  What Trump has figured out is that the media will permit attention to be drawn to those controversies if they believe they can spin it to make Trump the bad guy.  The advantage we have is that the media is out of touch with much of the country, and so doesn't really understand that stuff they believe hurts Trump actually helps him with many voters.

Or perhaps more accurately, it may not make him look any better, but it exposes some pretty horrible things about the left that makes them look much worse.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:41:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:43 pm »
This is the sort of disgusting commentary the left is spouting this morning.   Trump's merely a reflection of millions of racist deplorables.   The left hates us,  not the President.   But it's the President that gives the Dems the excuse to spout this divisive garbage. 

Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse before they get better.     

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2019, 02:52:38 pm »

Got a link?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:57 pm »
But why cannot Trump (and other Republicans)  expose their radicalism without handing the Dems and their media a weapon to portray Trump (and by extension Republicans) as racist?     

Trump handed them nothing that could be portrayed as racist.  The Dems are going to create that weapon regardless of what Trump says.  And this is a perfect example of that.

The narrative this morning is that Republicans, by not "speaking out" against Trump's tweets, are endorsing his racism.

The narrative this morning is a lie.  And there is not a damn thing anyone can do or say to prevent or change that.  Even Chuck Schumer was on TV this morning citing the 14th Amendment as being the law of the land for "hundreds of years" with zero mention of how Democrats have opposed it through its entire existence.

If there's any discussion of the Squad's radicalism, I'm not hearing it.  All I'm hearing is outrage over Trump's racist trope and these four poor victims.

Maybe you should stop hanging out with liberals.  Besides, the only victim here is 'truth'.

The above-the-fold feature in this morning's Philly Inquirer, for example, consists of interviews with immigrants who lament the times they've been heckled to "go home".

Can't help you there.   The Democrat cities of the North are far more intolerant (and racist) than the cities down here.  But it is to be expected that a liberal paper like the Inquirer would push the Democrat narrative rather than report the facts of what a Republican President actually said.

The media is going to have a field day tying Republicans to Trump's love-it-or-leave-it screed.

This is tame compared to what I was told back in 2010 when Democrats were taking away my doctor and insurance.  When complaining that their Obamacare mandate forced me to buy their insurance simply because I breathed, they told me that I didn't have to breathe.

When the day comes where they start putting up the barbed wire, lining up cattle cars, handing out striped pajamas, and firing up the ovens, I will know exactly which side is doing it.  It will be the intolerant ones screaming "racism"  at others while practicing it themselves in full view.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:22 pm »
Got a link?

Preferably a non-media poll.  Media polls are not designed to measure, they are designed to influence.  The days of the Press being a neutral observer are long gone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2019, 04:35:57 pm »
But it's the President that gives the Dems the excuse to spout this divisive garbage

So Democrats are now publicly spouting divisive garbage because of Trump.  All they needed was an excuse to show us all how they have really felt all along.

Bingo.  This goes back to the "bitter clingers" comment of Obama, and the "deplorables" comment of Hillary.  Even John Kerry's condescending/insulting "I'm gonna get me a hunting license."  They've thought this about most of the rest of us for a very long time, but they were usually savvy enough to keep it under wraps because of the potential that it could backfire.  But Trump baits them into revealing those sentiments publicly, and the result is that voters get a better glimpse of who the other side really is.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2019, 04:41:22 pm »
So Democrats are now publicly spouting divisive garbage because of Trump.  All they needed was an excuse to show us all how they have really felt all along.

Bingo.  This goes back to the "bitter clingers" comment of Obama, and the "deplorables" comment of Hillary.  Even John Kerry's condescending/insulting "I'm gonna get me a hunting license."  They've thought this about most of the rest of us for a very long time, but they were usually savvy enough to keep it under wraps because of the potential that it could backfire.  But Trump baits them into revealing those sentiments publicly, and the result is that voters get a better glimpse of who the other side really is.

When the Press telegraphed its intention to destroy Trump at all costs, it freed him to do what he wants.  Only people naive about the intentions of the Press don't see that.  Pelosi can see it, and is mad as Hell.
I will NOT comply.