Author Topic: Can a serious Democrat please run for president?  (Read 5377 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Can a serious Democrat please run for president?
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:37 pm »
No, not buzzed at all.   I'm clear-eyed and sober,  and see the future in stark relief -  if Trump if the GOP nominee,  he will not be re-elected, and the Senate will likely be gone too. 

@Jazzhead

So,you are just naturally delusional?

There is nothing more important right now than to avoid that terrible result.   

Yeah,whatever we do,we MUST keep the backstabbing RINO bastards in power,huh?

Pray tell,what would be the difference in the way the Senate votes,since half the alleged Republican we have now talk a good game,but always work with the left?

What we NEED to do is get rid of a bunch of those SOB's in the primary,and replace them with younger people the DNC doesn't have any blackmail on.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:17:37 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2019, 08:24:19 pm »
It is not even August yet, and more than a year before the election.   The die is not cast.   

@Jazzhead

OK,bubba,how about throw out a few names of people that can beat him for the nomination?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2019, 08:49:08 pm »
@Jazzhead

OK,bubba,how about throw out a few names of people that can beat him for the nomination?

I am not suggesting that primary-ing Trump would be successful.   I am advocating that he be persuaded not to run for reelection, a la LBJ.   It am not urging that Trump be replaced by a "RINO" or Never-Trumper.   I want him to be replaced by a compatible candidate who can defeat the Democrat by appealing to both Republicans and independents,  help keep the Senate in GOP hands,  and thereby preserve Trump's policies and legacy.   That is a far better result than Trump running a quixotic campaign for re-election that ends in disaster for the GOP and triumph for a newly-radicalized Democratic party. 

I've suggested Trump's former U.N. ambassador, Nikki Haley,  who left the Administration on good terms,  as a possible GOP nominee.   Another good choice might be Liz Cheney, who's defended the President and shows real capacity for inspiration and leadership.   A Never-Trumper like Romney would split the party.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2019, 08:58:34 pm »
Has Haley expressed interest? No.

Kasich, Amash, Flake, McMuffin have. Gives the GOP their own stupid Squad of Four.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:57:50 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2019, 09:15:21 pm »
I am not suggesting that primary-ing Trump would be successful.   I am advocating that he be persuaded not to run for reelection, a la LBJ.   It am not urging that Trump be replaced by a "RINO" or Never-Trumper.   I want him to be replaced by a compatible candidate who can defeat the Democrat by appealing to both Republicans and independents,  help keep the Senate in GOP hands,  and thereby preserve Trump's policies and legacy.   That is a far better result than Trump running a quixotic campaign for re-election that ends in disaster for the GOP and triumph for a newly-radicalized Democratic party. 

I've suggested Trump's former U.N. ambassador, Nikki Haley,  who left the Administration on good terms,  as a possible GOP nominee.   Another good choice might be Liz Cheney, who's defended the President and shows real capacity for inspiration and leadership.   A Never-Trumper like Romney would split the party.     

@Jazzhead

Ok,you named a couple of at least semi-reasonable names at first glance,but what makes you sure either would stand up to the pressure that would be put on them if they got the nomination? Neither are experienced at Presidential runs,and the wolves would be nipping at their heels and hoping to spook them. ONE slip by either,and the news and the political establishment would be demanding they step down in favor of one of the usual suspect/party insider they know they can control.

AND.......either would lose because they would refuse to fight.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2019, 09:17:19 pm »
Has Haley expressed interest? No.

Kasich, Amash, Flake, McMuffin have.

@truth_seeker

Are any of them actual conservatives? Flake might be,but it's been a while since I heard anything from him.

If they are just unleaded Republicans,what good are they for anything but caving to the left?

Offline berdie

« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:41 pm »
Flake??? Are we talking about the same person?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2019, 10:26:54 pm »
Flake??? Are we talking about the same person?

I view Flake as a Goldwaterite.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2019, 10:32:16 pm »

Jeff Flake?  The Jeff Flake?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »

I'd get that view to an optometrist.  Barry would have detested that turncoat. I knew Barry Goldwater, and you, sir are no Goldwater.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:16 am »
Goldwater was my first political hero.  I read COAC when I was in junior high.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2019, 12:40:54 am »
It is not even August yet, and more than a year before the election.   The die is not cast.   

Okay...

1) Even if Trump drops out, the other contenders would have to run in primaries, which means getting campaigns off the ground, etc..  At what point in time do you believe it will be too late as a practical matter for other candidates to enter the primary?

2) Can you please point to some significant, objective evidence that Trump is actually persuadable in terms of stepping down.  Not just a feeling that you think he might do it, but some actual evidence of him being willing to drop out.  Because I don't see even a sliver of it.

@Jazzhead

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2019, 12:52:27 am »

Jeff "Hello Global Citizens" Flake?   :silly: