Author Topic: The California Exodus: Should Texans be Worried?  (Read 1281 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The California Exodus: Should Texans be Worried?
« on: July 11, 2019, 11:36:52 am »
Texas Scorecard by Sam Samson July 10, 2019

Increasing newcomers from blue states spark nervous talk of political overturn in this historically conservative stronghold.

While the country focuses on migrants moving up from South and Central America, there is another mass migration happening within America’s borders. In ever-increasing numbers, residents from the West Coast—California in particular—have flocked by the hundreds of thousands to the Lone Star State.

Lured by Texas’ low cost of living and booming job market, juxtaposed with California’s ever-increasing tax rates and regulations, Texas is experiencing some of the fastest population growth in the country. Seven of the 15 fastest-growing cities in the nation are in Texas, while San Antonio, which now gains over 60 new residents per day, is the seventh largest metropolis in the country.

Texas has undisputedly become the primary destination for these Californian migrants, with over 60,000 relocating to the state in 2017, primarily in major cities like Houston, Dallas, and Austin. And the numbers are only expected to increase over time. Additionally, the demographic of these newcomers is largely young and Hispanic, with the population of Latinos in the state set to pass that of the white population by 2022.

This influx of new residents has not gone unnoticed in the political world, with both parties keen to analyze the consequences of such a demographic shift.

Democrats are perhaps the most boisterous on the issue, claiming that the arrival of young people from blue states into Texas is the factor needed to flip what has long been regarded as a conservative firewall. Speaker Nancy Pelosi has even pre-emptively dubbed Texas “ground zero” in the Democrats’ 2020 electoral efforts.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/the-california-exodus-should-texans-be-worried/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The California Exodus: Should Texans be Worried?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:21:29 pm »
Yes, we should be deeply worried.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 02:28:56 pm »
I drove through Austin on the way to Schlitterbahn a few days ago.  As I sat in an hour traffic jam in downtown Austin on I-35, viewing all of the new construction.  YES...we should be worried!  The liberals are taking over our state!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 02:36:41 pm »
@Sanguine

As I have stated before, I saw this begin in the Texas 2018 primary.  Hundreds of thousands more Democrats voted in that primary than any in modern times.   In 2020, we could lose every state office that is now held by Republicans, which is all of them. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 02:43:51 pm »
@Sanguine

As I have stated before, I saw this begin in the Texas 2018 primary.  Hundreds of thousands more Democrats voted in that primary than any in modern times.   In 2020, we could lose every state office that is now held by Republicans, which is all of them.

Yes, we could.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 03:19:04 pm »
It's come to head and gone to seed. Again. This time the wind is blowin southeast.

Y'all are fixin to understand the term 'Californication'.

We will be praying for y'all.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 04:01:03 pm »
@Sanguine

Very foolish and irrational thinking.

Our state has not had even one state-wide election in which a Democrat has won for 25 years.

Yet you claim the possibility that 100% of them next year would go to the Democrats.

Possibility is decidedly not the same as probability.  Discern the difference or you will remain in the dark.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 04:06:16 pm »
It's come to head and gone to seed. Again. This time the wind is blowin southeast.

Y'all are fixin to understand the term 'Californication'.

We will be praying for y'all.

Need to extend Trump's wall to the entire NM border.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 04:17:44 pm »
Need to extend Trump's wall to the entire NM border.   :cool:

Ain't nothing for it... Sooner or later somebody is gonna have to go over there and plow that ground, or it will just keep coming back...

Jussayin.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 10:45:32 pm »
The 2018 results were due to historical factors we usually see during a mid-term election. Democrats were motivated by their distaste for Trump, and Republican voters responded by staying home, as many congress critters did a poor job of representing their constituents.

Cruz was not helped by the constant negativity of the ardently Trump crowd, and I still see daily examples of "Lyin' Ted" from the Brigadiers here and on TOS. The enthusiasm over Beto is dissipating, so someone else will have to generate enthusiasm on the Dem side.

Next year's a presidential election, which will generate more turnout on the Republican side IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 12:23:31 am »
I drove through Austin on the way to Schlitterbahn a few days ago.  As I sat in an hour traffic jam in downtown Austin on I-35, viewing all of the new construction.  YES...we should be worried!  The liberals are taking over our state!

Ah Shit Tater.... Austin traffic has always been whack. Dont blame that on Californication.  That is because it/was/is and always be  a rat controlled city that is clueless how to move Mezicans thu texas to cities north
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:25:26 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 12:47:45 am »
Ah Shit Tater.... Austin traffic has always been whack. Dont blame that on Californication.  That is because it/was/is and always be  a rat controlled city that is clueless how to move Mezicans thu texas to cities north

When driving to the Hill Country, I take the tollway that bypasses Austin. It’s worth the $10 to avoid the traffic jam.

Austin traffic still can’t hold a candle to East Coast traffic, it’s an alternative version of Hell.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 01:44:47 am »
That is not a true statement as you must be too young to know what Austin used to be.

Growing up in the 60s in Austin, it was an easy drive around anywhere you wished.  No Upper level I35, No Mopac, No tolls.

And it was a pleasant place to live as well.  Libs did not begin ruining it till way after.

Even the Dem we had in Congress was a conservative named JJ Jake Pickle.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 01:57:49 am »
That is not a true statement as you must be too young to know what Austin used to be.

Growing up in the 60s in Austin, it was an easy drive around anywhere you wished.  No Upper level I35, No Mopac, No tolls.

And it was a pleasant place to live as well.  Libs did not begin ruining it till way after.

True story, but by the 80's traffic was rough.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 11:33:15 am »

I moved to Dallas (Richardson) In 1979. So that would be my starting point for reference.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 11:45:51 am »
EVERYBODY should be worried because these are NOT the type of people who are capable of learning from their mistakes.

I have seen the same thing happen in both the south and in Colorado. People move there from leftist police states because they can no longer afford to pay all the taxes to pay for all the stupid Bush they voted for,and for the first few months they will be in awe about all the money they are "allowed" to keep from each paycheck,and about all the "new freedoms" they suddenly have.

This changes once they get settled in,and they forget all about the differences between where they currently live,and where they lived before. No one should be surprised about this because if these people weren't fools,they wouldn't  have voted for all the crap that priced them out of their homes where they lived before.

By the time the next election comes around,they will be screaming for more laws to give the government more control,and repealing laws that put citizens destiny and lives in their own hands.

You just can't fix STOOPID. The best thing you can do is try to refuse to allow them in,and once in,discourage them from staying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 08:19:57 pm »
I moved to Dallas (Richardson) In 1979. So that would be my starting point for reference.
Got it.  I vacated after college graduation in early 70s and vowed to never live there again due to the escalating nanny issues, cost and congestion.

Just wanted to ensure folks know Austin used to be the best place to live in Texas.

When I worked downtown during college days, my buddy used to pick me up after work towing his boat.  I changed to trunks in the car while he drove over to Lake Austin boat ramp and we would be in the water and skiing within 30 minutes.

That is the Austin I enjoyed.