Author Topic: Steinel Ammunition Salutes the Rifle that Won the War, the M1 Garand 30-06  (Read 202 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
 Ammoland Inc. Posted on July 9, 2019 by Laura Burgess   

When 16 million Americans were called to serve America and over two million soldiers sent to the European or Pacific theaters during World War ll, the M1 Garand rifle was by their side. This legendary fighting platform still creates waves of nostalgia through our military veterans, military historians and firearms enthusiasts. The M1 Garand was as versatile as it was reliable, able to operate through the freezing temperatures during the Battle of the Bulge to the hot and humid Pacific Rim Islands, easy to use for a green recruit and accurate enough for a skilled sniper.

The M1 Garand rifle was developed by John Cantius Garand while working on semi-auto rifle designs at Springfield Armory. After extensive Army testing, the Garand was adopted by the US Military. What made this the US Military’s sweetheart rifle was its simple design with a unique gas system, self-loading, accurate rapid-fire capability, and a rear peep sight that made for quick and easy acquisition of fast-moving targets. The M1 Garand was issued in the 30-06 caliber; the then military’s newest round that was a vast improvement on the former military issue 30-03. The 30-06 was a lighter weight spitzer style bullet capable of farther ranges and less felt recoil.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/steinel-ammunition-salutes-the-rifle-that-won-the-war-the-m1-garand-30-06/#axzz5tFW0JTI5

I purchased 2 so far from CMP, one for each of my sons. I need to get one now for myself.