Author Topic: Nevada congressman calls for US Energy Secretary Rick Perry to resign  (Read 1208 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nevada congressman calls for US Energy Secretary Rick Perry to resign
The Associated Press Thursday, 11 July 2019

A Nevada congressman is calling for Energy Secretary Rick Perry’s resignation after the department acknowledged low-level radioactive waste that was shipped to a site north of Las Vegas may have been mislabeled and out of compliance with safety regulations for years.

Democratic Rep. Steven Horsford said Wednesday that Perry has disrespected the people of Nevada and eroded public trust in his ability to abide by rules established for nuclear waste disposal.

The material is unrelated to weapons-grade plutonium that the department secretly shipped to the same site last year and is currently at the center of a legal battle with the state of Nevada in the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals.

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2019/07/11/Nevada-congressman-calls-for-US-Energy-Secretary-Rick-Perry-to-resign.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why scour for an Arabian newsite on something like this?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"may have been mislabeled and out of compliance"?  That's it?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, this has (according to the AP article been 'going on for up to six years'.  Perry has been Energy Secretary since March of 2017. Now, by my meager calculations, that means (within the 6 year bounds of the 'up to'), that more of this has been going on under Obama's watch, and that it was already happening when Perry took the position.
It was discovered while Perry was Sec. of Energy, so who found it out?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

But Horsford says it’s further evidence that Nevada has been covertly coerced into illegally storing nuclear materials. He says Perry must resign immediately

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/energy-environment/the-latest-congressman-calls-for-energy-secretary-to-resign/2019/07/10/38f79a42-a35f-11e9-a767-d7ab84aef3e9_story.html

Over the years, Nevada has accepted billions of dollars from the feds to build this nuclear disposal site.  Yet when it came time to actually using it, they reneged.  Either they accept the waste (and the permanent jobs that go with it), or the pay back all that money with interest for their bad faith.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Over the years, Nevada has accepted billions of dollars from the feds to build this nuclear disposal site.  Yet when it came time to actually using it, they reneged.  Either they accept the waste (and the permanent jobs that go with it), or the pay back all that money with interest for their bad faith.
I worked with a geologist in the early 90s who had seen some of the cores from the site. That's roughly 30 years they've been feeding at that trough doing study and development.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"may have been mislabeled and out of compliance"?  That's it?

??? 

So does the adminstator of the EPA resign when a permittee violates a wastewater parameter? 

Bizarreville. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.