Author Topic: Mexico: Kindergarten graduation ceremony is interrupted by gang shootout  (Read 255 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kindergarten graduation ceremony is interrupted by gang shootout
By Adry Torres For Dailymail.com

A kindergarten graduation ceremony came to an abrupt end after a hit squad allegedly shot dead a rival cartel member and two police officers outside a school in south-central Mexico.

Cellphone video showed how students, family members and teachers locked themselves inside classrooms and hid under chairs at the Miguel Hidalgo Elementary School in Guadalupe Santa Ana, Puebla, on Friday, amidst the gun battle.

Juan Herrera Cariño, an alleged drug trafficker with ties to the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, was killed by the Los Rojos gang in the shootout. He had been at the school to watch a child graduate.

Read more at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7226135/Kindergarten-graduation-ceremony-interrupted-gang-shootout.html

borderlandbeat.com has this story, I don't know if anyone else does in the English language press, this is again, a new low, shootout outside a kindergarten, I mean, my gosh. Unbelievable and Puebla, the city is suppose to be somewhat exempt from this. Okay, this happened in the state of Puebla fwiw apparently.

It's difficult to fathom, in the other story, the singer was killed. There have been times where the warring cartels only wound someone, the injured is in the hospital, they finish up the business in his room. That's happened at least once and I thought that person was involved in the music industry too.

Despite that, the economy they have keeps chugging along apparently, oil theft is another big problem there. I believe the article reads they are experiencing about 94 murders a day.