Author Topic: Fans furious after Confederate Railroad dropped from state fair lineup: 'This political correctness  (Read 785 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fans furious after Confederate Railroad dropped from state fair lineup: 'This political correctness thing is totally out of control'
 [Yahoo Music]  Mahira Dayal,Yahoo Music•July 8, 2019

Fans of the country rock group Confederate Railroad are outraged after the band was dropped from the lineup at an Illinois state fair.

The band was slated to perform at the Du Quoin State Fair in Du Quoin, Ill. on Aug. 27 for “90s Country Reloaded Day,” but have since been removed from the fair lineup. While it is not immediately clear what the rationale behind the change was, some believe the decision was made because the band’s name was deemed inappropriate.

Fellow country artists Charlie Daniels and Joe Bonsall, a member of the Oak Ridge Boys, took to Twitter to speak out about how “political correctness” is “out of control,” and how it’s unfair to cancel a group of talented artists because of their band’s name.

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/now/fans-furious-after-confederate-railroad-dropped-from-state-fair-lineup-214051351.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It happened again!

Just like the guy in Peter Paul and Mary who got booted from that festival, it just takes a few of these kinds of fans. But to call this "racism?", I"m still reading the story on Confederate Railroad being booted out of the NY Fair, it's interesting, the link below has other stories on that page, "rappers", well, clearly, most of them could not go to a lot of venues.
Officials: Grammy-nominated ‘Confederate Railroad’ booted from NY fair over racism
Updated Jul 25, 8:11 PM; Posted Jul 25, 1:37 PM

Confederate Railroad in a 2010 file photo.

By Ben Axelson | baxelson@nyup.com

Following outcry from residents in Ulster County, Grammy-nominated county band Confederate Railroad has been removed from the music lineup at the Ulster County Fair.

John Fitzpatrick, head of the Ulster County Agricultural Society, told the Daily Freeman that the band was being removed due to concerns raised by County Executive Pat Ryan. Ryan had called for the performance to be removed due to the band’s name and use of the Confederate Flag in its logo.

In a prepared statement, Ryan called it a “a solution addressing the concerns of many.”

Read more at: https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2019/07/grammy-nominated-confederate-railroad-booted-from-ny-county-fair-over-racism.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:46:58 am by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, there is plenty of racism, it just isn't coming from the band.

Sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We have a good portion of this country stuck on stupid and they relish their woke ignoramus asses.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Just read that the band was dropped from another fair in Ulster County, NY.  Not familiar with Confederate Railroad, but I hope they stick to their guns. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Just read that the band was dropped from another fair in Ulster County, NY.  Not familiar with Confederate Railroad, but I hope they stick to their guns.
These guys.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood