Author Topic: Prominent British Far-right Activist Tommy Robinson Begs Donald Trump for Asylum in U.S.: 'I Need Ev  (Read 209 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Prominent British Far-right Activist Tommy Robinson Begs Donald Trump for Asylum in U.S.: 'I Need Evacuation From This Country'
By Shane Croucher On 7/9/19 at 5:48 AM EDT

The British far-right activist known as Tommy Robinson begged U.S. President Donald Trump for political asylum as he faces jail for jeopardizing the trial of a child sex gang by commenting on it during a Facebook live stream, breaking contempt law.

Robinson, 36, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was found guilty on Friday of three charges of contempt of court over his social media broadcasting from a case at Leeds Crown Court in May 2018. Reporting restrictions applied to trials linked to the case.

Speaking on the conspiracy theory network InfoWars, Robinson, who has multiple convictions for fraud and assault, claimed the judge "effectively sentenced me to death in prison" because people want to kill him, particularly Muslim inmates.

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/far-right-tommy-robinson-donald-trump-asylum-us-1448197