Author Topic: YouTube exec calls cops on black man waiting for pal outside building  (Read 316 times)

Offline mountaineer

YouTube execs are particularly "woke." It's a good thing they're getting rid of conservatives' videos.  *****rollingeyes*****
YouTube exec calls cops on black man waiting for pal outside building
By Shari Logan
July 8, 2019

An altercation between a white man who called police on a black man waiting for his friend in a California apartment building lobby was captured in a now-viral video.

The man who called 911, identified by Essence as Christopher Cukor, accused Wesley Michel, who is a black, of trespassing at his San Francisco building on the afternoon of July 4. ...

Cukor gives a description of Michel to the cops and tells them he tailed him into the building before the front door locked.

At the end of the clip, Michel is heard greeting the friend he was waiting for, saying it took her forever to arrive. ...  Full story
Of course, the black fellow - who really wasn't doing anything wrong - videotaped the incident for all to see. Wonder if it's getting views on YouTube ... ?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

The YouTube exec explains his actions in a WashPost story:
To many, the video was another entry in the public ledger of black people confronted while doing seemingly quotidian things, the trend that gave rise last year to the hashtag #livingwhileblack. ...

But the man who confronted another in this video came forward Tuesday to describe the confrontation from his perspective.

Cukor said he lives in the building and saw Michel enter it without using the call box.  ...

He said his actions were also informed by a tragic family history — his father, Peter, was murdered in 2012 after confronting a mentally ill man who had shown up on his driveway in Berkeley, Calif.

“My father was murdered outside his home by a trespasser who he confronted alone. For my child’s safety, my safety and that of the building, I felt it was necessary to get help in this situation,” Cukor wrote. “Furthermore, I’ve encountered trespassers in my building and we’ve been robbed several times. This is not uncommon in San Francisco and the bad actors are all different colors.  ...
Full story posted at MSN
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org