Author Topic: Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says you should get off Facebook because 'there's almost no way to st  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   The Apple co-founder made the comments to TMZ during a recent airport run-in
    He said most people today 'think they have a level of privacy that they don't'
    Wozniak also questioned whether our devices are listening to us at all times

By Cheyenne Macdonald For Dailymail.com

Published: 14:10 EDT, 8 July 2019 | Updated: 14:54 EDT, 8 July 2019

Steve Wozniak is the latest high-profile naysayer to speak out against Facebook.

The Apple co-founder, who deleted his own Facebook profile last year, told TMZ recently that he recommends most people ‘figure out a way to get off’ the site due to ongoing privacy concerns.

Wozniak warned that people often assume they have much more privacy online than they really do, and said he’s now ‘worried about everything’ when it comes to potential eavesdropping and data sharing...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7225593/Apple-founder-Steve-Wozniak-says-Facebook.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't think it matters anymore, except in your own moral sense.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think it matters anymore, except in your own moral sense.

I think FB makes it a lot easier for them. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I think FB makes it a lot easier for them.

Yeah, maybe. I still think it is too late. In the way that even if you leave FB you can't lose the addiction. Same as Twitter or Instagram. I'm updating my robot thread. VR will help them. Especially as they push 5G.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline roamer_1

I am all for it!
Already it is the first place LEOs go... Another few years and they'll forget how to wear out their shoe leather...

Then folks who want to disappear that have not left traces on FB can live in peace.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Lately I  asked my wife, my sister, and mydaughter if they are certain they receive everything from friends, and if friends get everything from them?

The three all say they do not know. I asked if they knew how to accomplish what I stated? They said no.

Add to that, the "creators" that claim they have been banner, throttled, deplatformed, demonetized etc.

People are looking for and at alternatives.

Why build businesses and communities, on unstable foundaions? Why trust Big Social Media?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can't "get off of" where I've never "been on"...

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it."  Scott McNealy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, said in 1999.

[Sun was the dominant platform for the dotcom boom.   Fortunately, Oracle bought them and put them out of my misery]
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.