Author Topic: US women's soccer team wins second straight World Cup title, fourth overall  (Read 4917 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good thing these wenches are having their little rainbow parade in NYC, because if they had it in middle America ,it would be  cloudy with an 80% chance of raining rotten fruit.

The absolute ultimate of irony.  Repesenting a country while trashing it.
I have seen pictures of these "women". These are Michelle Obama type women. Any one of them could be linebacker for the Rams.
These 'girls' look like the 1970s Russian 'female' weightlifter team. No wonder they won. Some of them look like they have an erection, and a five o'clock shadow.

The American definition of a 'woman' according to Liberals, is amorphous and not discrete.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:18:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

Trump has little or nothing to do with Rapinoe's and others' disrespect of their country. She knelt in sympathy with Kaepernick because she agreed with his cockeyed view of the country towards minorities.
If Trump hadn't have said anything, they all would have still done their anti-American actions. Her disliking Trump has nothing to with it.
I don't want people like Rapinoe representing my country. She can take all her awards and plaudits and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I don't care. By cheering for Rapinoe, a person is cheering for everything that is destroying the country.

I'm cheering for the team.  She's merely one player on it.  The fact that the leftist sports media lionizes her is irrelevant to the accomplishments of the team.

I'm not going to root against America because of one member of a team who disgusts me.  (I wouldn't follow sports at all if that were the case).

But I knew my opinion would be in the small minority here, and I'm OK with that.

As long as the discussion is honest.

Which your part of it has been.  So thank you for that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I have seen pictures of these "women". These are Michelle Obama type women. Any one of them could be linebacker for the Rams.
These 'girls' look like the 1970s Russian 'female' weightlifter team. No wonder they won. Some of them look like they have an erection, and a five o'clock shadow.

The American definition of a 'woman' according to Liberals, is amorphous and not discrete.

A photo to prove the inaccuracy of your post....

Not one of them looks like the so-called female weightlifters from Russia and East Germany.

And all of them are standing with their hands over their hearts except Rapinoe.

If the discussion is accurate, it's much more effective.

If you want to hate the whole team because of Rapinoe, that's legit.  But if you smear the entire team because of her, it's not.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline dfwgator

In 1968 two black American track athletes, Tommy Smith and John Carlos,  stood on the medal stand at the Olympics and raised their fists and lowered their heads while the American national anthem played.

In response, a few days later,  this was George Foreman after he won his Gold Medal....

God Bless, George Foreman!  A Real Champion!

Offline dfwgator

Nah   sending Christians to the Detroit Lions was sport.

Well the Christians would win that one.

(Poor Detroit Lions fan since childhood)

Offline goatprairie

Well the Christians would win that one.

(Poor Detroit Lions fan since childhood)
I've had a special hatred for the Lions ever since Alex Karras figuratively left his cleat marks on Bart Starr's face during the infamous drubbing the Lions gave the Packers in the 1962 Thanksgiving Day game.  Ruined the Packers perfect season.
I almost felt sorry for them though when the Lions went winless a few seasons ago.  Almost.

Online berdie

The "Equal Pay" chant was different.

I thought pay had to do with viewership. But what do I know?

Very few people in this country watch soccer...men's or women's. Maybe they should move to South America...and it won't surprise me if they do.

Offline goatprairie

The "Equal Pay" chant was different.

I thought pay had to do with viewership. But what do I know?

Very few people in this country watch soccer...men's or women's. Maybe they should move to South America...and it won't surprise me if they do.
The "equal pay" program is, of course, a leftist one. They think they can dismiss the market and arbitrarily create pay grades for certain jobs. I suppose community organizers would be instant millionaires under their plans. They would also make all sorts of other jobs, mostly done by females, far more lucrative. Women's Studies professors for example.
The fact that the great percentage of dirty, dangerous, and difficult jobs are mostly done by men making those jobs pay more than many other jobs seems to be lost on them.
I hate just about 100% of what passes for popular music today, but many of those people get rewarded with immense amounts of money. Because the market dictates that they do.
Likewise, much of the entertainers I would  pay money to watch play music that is not nearly as popular. Consequently, they only make a fraction of what the most popular entertainers make. That's the market, and that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I also oppose double standards that say men can behave badly and be heroes, but women must be delicate and well-behaved to be admired.

And the irony of those who support a loudmouthed, very badly behaved, immoral man representing the US in the highest office in the land who are so offended by this team is just too rich.....

I join @Lando Lincoln in acknowledging that your posts have caused me to think about this more carefully @musiclady.  The actions of some on the team are not indicative of the attitude of all on the team.

However it is not difficult to distinguish Trump's behavior from Rapinoe's.  While both are classless, needlessly offensive, and arrogant, Rapinoe further intentionally disrespects the symbols of the country she represents.  As bad as Trump can be, he has never done that. 

In character their attitudes match, in content their statements are completely different.  I'm afraid I find your charge of hypocrisy (or as more obliquely stated in the quote here "irony") to be on weak ground.
James 1:20

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The face of a Bull Dyke on her knees.  She can like it.  Like it real good.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The "equal pay" program is, of course, a leftist one. They think they can dismiss the market and arbitrarily create pay grades for certain jobs. I suppose community organizers would be instant millionaires under their plans. They would also make all sorts of other jobs, mostly done by females, far more lucrative. Women's Studies professors for example.
The fact that the great percentage of dirty, dangerous, and difficult jobs are mostly done by men making those jobs pay more than many other jobs seems to be lost on them.
I hate just about 100% of what passes for popular music today, but many of those people get rewarded with immense amounts of money. Because the market dictates that they do.
Likewise, much of the entertainers I would  pay money to watch play music that is not nearly as popular. Consequently, they only make a fraction of what the most popular entertainers make. That's the market, and that's the way the cookie crumbles.
There are a lot of people who truly believe that women make more money for soccer than men.

Yet every attempt to launch a pro women's soccer league has failed while MLS is still hanging on... though MLS has been reliant mainly on continuously adding expansion teams to keep a steady stream of fees coming in and on the stadium-building/municipal extortion racket. Now, is it true that the women's team draws more attention than the national men's team? Yes, perhaps... but here's the thing: the U.S. teams are not the only ones in FIFA. The rest of the world, by and large, does not care about women's sport. (Basketball might be a partial exception. Don't ask me why.) They have no equivalent of Title IX. America is head and shoulders above the rest of the world in women's soccer. But men's soccer ("football"), every country in the world plays it. The U.S. ranks pretty low compared to Brazil, Mexico and most of Europe, the countries that contribute most of the money to the World Cup. (Professionally, the Premier League in England is far beyond MLS—to the point where it has a U.S. TV contract and followings here in America, probably more than even MLS does.) So the women's team is basically drawing from its own fanbase, while if the U.S. men's team were to by some freak chance win the World Cup, they'd be winning money contributed by other countries where "football" is sport Numero Uno.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online rustynail

Posters of US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe vandalized in Bryant Park
-- An investigation is underway after posters of US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe were vandalized at Bryant Park in Manhattan, one day after the team's World Cup championship victory.

A commuter noticed anti-gay graffiti on the posters at the park train station at about 7 a.m. Monday.

At least six posters of Rapinoe were vandalized. They have since been cleaned by the MTA.

The NYPD Hate Crime task force is investigating. https://abc7ny.com/5384854/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_TW&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_content=5d23fe8c49238600011d997d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Offline Rivergirl

A photo to prove the inaccuracy of your post....

Not one of them looks like the so-called female weightlifters from Russia and East Germany.

And all of them are standing with their hands over their hearts except Rapinoe.

If the discussion is accurate, it's much more effective.

If you want to hate the whole team because of Rapinoe, that's legit.  But if you smear the entire team because of her, it's not.

Been thankful to see your commentary with regard to our soccer girls.  It's my fervent hope that the ugliness here is designed for attention rather than honest thought.     Most of the commentary is downright heartless. Sad to say.

Offline musiclady

I join @Lando Lincoln in acknowledging that your posts have caused me to think about this more carefully @musiclady.  The actions of some on the team are not indicative of the attitude of all on the team.

However it is not difficult to distinguish Trump's behavior from Rapinoe's.  While both are classless, needlessly offensive, and arrogant, Rapinoe further intentionally disrespects the symbols of the country she represents.  As bad as Trump can be, he has never done that. 

In character their attitudes match, in content their statements are completely different.  I'm afraid I find your charge of hypocrisy (or as more obliquely stated in the quote here "irony") to be on weak ground.

I appreciate that distinction @HoustonSam .  Trump has never deliberately dissed this country, as has Rapinoe.   He has only disgraced it with his lack of character, which he came into office with.  She has done it deliberately.

However, the narrower critique that her being a homosexual is a problem for them, while the serial adultery of the President is no big deal because he's 'not a pastor,' remains.   If morality is important, then both should be a problem.  If cheating on one's wife is no big deal, then neither should the sin of homosexuality.

But to the greater point........ this is a team.  Some of the parents of these young women could be just like you and me, and if they feel about their country as we do, then knowing that people didn't support the entire team because of a few jerks like Rapinoe who get all the attention, would be a disappointment.

What they have accomplished is, in sports history, remarkable.

Offline musiclady

Been thankful to see your commentary with regard to our soccer girls.  It's my fervent hope that the ugliness here is designed for attention rather than honest thought.     Most of the commentary is downright heartless. Sad to say.

IMO, part of the reason that it's heartless is that there is absolutely NO thought behind it.  The comment made to which I responded with the photo was made in complete ignorance.  A few of the posts sound like a 13 year old boy (and not a mature one at that) wrote them.

Thanks for your support.  I knew I could be all alone in this, and very much appreciate that I am not.

@Rivergirl

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
However, the narrower critique that her being a homosexual is a problem for them, while the serial adultery of the President is no big deal because he's 'not a pastor,' remains.   If morality is important, then both should be a problem.  If cheating on one's wife is no big deal, then neither should the sin of homosexuality.

But to the greater point........ this is a team.  Some of the parents of these young women could be just like you and me, and if they feel about their country as we do, then knowing that people didn't support the entire team because of a few jerks like Rapinoe who get all the attention, would be a disappointment.

What they have accomplished is, in sports history, remarkable.

Excellent points.  Thanks for your gracious response @musiclady.
James 1:20

Offline goatprairie

There are a lot of people who truly believe that women make more money for soccer than men.

Yet every attempt to launch a pro women's soccer league has failed while MLS is still hanging on... though MLS has been reliant mainly on continuously adding expansion teams to keep a steady stream of fees coming in and on the stadium-building/municipal extortion racket. Now, is it true that the women's team draws more attention than the national men's team? Yes, perhaps... but here's the thing: the U.S. teams are not the only ones in FIFA. The rest of the world, by and large, does not care about women's sport. (Basketball might be a partial exception. Don't ask me why.) They have no equivalent of Title IX. America is head and shoulders above the rest of the world in women's soccer. But men's soccer ("football"), every country in the world plays it. The U.S. ranks pretty low compared to Brazil, Mexico and most of Europe, the countries that contribute most of the money to the World Cup. (Professionally, the Premier League in England is far beyond MLS—to the point where it has a U.S. TV contract and followings here in America, probably more than even MLS does.) So the women's team is basically drawing from its own fanbase, while if the U.S. men's team were to by some freak chance win the World Cup, they'd be winning money contributed by other countries where "football" is sport Numero Uno.
You mentioned basketball. As you might know, the WNBA is sponsored by the NBA. Without the support of the NBA, the WNBA would not exist.
Periodically, some of the WNBA players complain about making a fraction of what the men in the NBA make.
The reality is they should be lucky they're making anything in the States. I hear that overseas women's leagues are more viable. But in the U.S. just about nobody wants to watch them play professionally.
I've frequented various basketball forums where the subject of lack of interest in women's basketball has cropped up. I've suggested they not wear baggy pants and cover themselves  with tattoos which is not appealing to many men.  I've suggested they wear volleyball-type uniforms.
Another problem  rarely mentioned is that many female pro athletes are lesbians.  Men don't want to watch bulldykes.
 Which is why Martina Navratilova never gained the male attraction of other female players like Ann Kournikova who was not nearly as good as Navratilova but looked a helluva a lot more attractive.
Naturally, I've been called a sexist, and I just don't understand how great women's baskeball is.  Sorry, if it's so great, why don't more women watch them play?
The facts are most women would rather watch home and garden, cooking, or game shows over watching persons of their own sex play sports.
I get really irritated  9999hair out0000 when people demand men watch women play sports. Sorry, I'd rather watch men play. I'll watch women's golf and tennis every now and then. That's about it.
If feminists are upset about people not watching women play, then they can agitate for women to stop watching what they currently view and start watching women play.

Offline musiclady

Excellent points.  Thanks for your gracious response @musiclady.

And you yours, sir!

@HoustonSam

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At Least One US Soccer Player Is Giving ‘All Glory to God’ After World Cup Win
https://www.westernjournal.com/wc/least-one-us-soccer-player-giving-glory-god-world-cup-win/

I will concede that there are a few honest, humble, hardworking players who made America proud. I understand that many of them may not be speaking up for the sake of unity, but it is a crying shame that they're being drowned out by the narcissistic attention-seekers like Rapinoe.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am sure all 17 US soccer fans are thrilled.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

And the irony of those who support a loudmouthed, very badly behaved, immoral man representing the US in the highest office in the land who are so offended by this team is just too rich.....

@musiclady

With all possible due respect,eat my shorts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@musiclady

With all possible due respect,eat my shorts.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.