Author Topic: Secret cables to London from UK ambassador in Washington describe Trump as 'inept' and 'incompetent'  (Read 1765 times)

Online corbe

Secret cables to London from UK ambassador in Washington describe Trump as 'inept' and 'incompetent'

by Ellie Bufkin

July 06, 2019 09:23 PM

Leaked secret cables reveal messages from the United Kingdom's ambassador to the United States making disparaging comments about President Trump.

Sir Kim Darroch, one of the U.K.'s most senior diplomats, referred to the president with several unflattering adjectives, including "inept" and "incompetent," according to cable published by the Daily Mail. "For a man who has risen to the highest office on the planet, President Trump radiates insecurity," Darroch also said.

In other messages from the ambassador meant to be seen only by the British government, Darroch, 65, was deeply critical of Trump's administration and legacy. In one missive, Darroch said, "We don't really believe this Administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/leaked-messages-from-uk-ambassador-call-trump-inept-insecure-and-incompetent
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

This revelation will be considered an embarrassment to the UK and Sir Kim will be out of a job. 

Too bad. I suspect his take on Trump and his administration reflects those of most in Europe, particularly leaders, even though they won't or can't say so in public. 

Look for Trump to issue another of his childish, nasty tweets in response in 3...2...1...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:42:00 am by Applewood »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He was being kind.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Secret cables to London from UK ambassador in Washington describe Trump as 'inept' and 'incompetent'

by Ellie Bufkin

July 06, 2019 09:23 PM

Leaked secret cables reveal messages from the United Kingdom's ambassador to the United States making disparaging comments about President Trump.

Sir Kim Darroch, one of the U.K.'s most senior diplomats, referred to the president with several unflattering adjectives, including "inept" and "incompetent," according to cable published by the Daily Mail. "For a man who has risen to the highest office on the planet, President Trump radiates insecurity," Darroch also said.

In other messages from the ambassador meant to be seen only by the British government, Darroch, 65, was deeply critical of Trump's administration and legacy. In one missive, Darroch said, "We don't really believe this Administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/leaked-messages-from-uk-ambassador-call-trump-inept-insecure-and-incompetent

In this ambassador's defense, he pretty much hit the the nail on the head.  Probably not the smartest thing to share, even under the note heading of "Secret"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Character matters, and it sounds like this fellow got his job due to uncanny ability to judge and elaborate it truthfully.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:02:40 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Character matters, and it sounds like this fellow got his job due to uncanny ability to judge and elaborate it truthfully.

Yep, and in the world of diplomacy, brutal honesty will get your fired.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

In this ambassador's defense, he pretty much hit the the nail on the head.  Probably not the smartest thing to share, even under the note heading of "Secret"

These days, nothing is "Top Secret," "Privileged" and/or "Confidential."  Leaks abound.  Wonder who leaked these communications.  A political enemy, perhaps?

Online corbe

In Leaked Memos, British Ambassador To The U.S. Calls Trump ‘Inept, ‘Insecure,’ Says Administration Is ‘Dysfunctional’

Posted at 11:00 am on July 7, 2019 by Elizabeth Vaughn

The British FCO issued the following statement about the leaked documents:
The British public would expect our Ambassadors to provide Ministers with an honest, unvarnished assessment of the politics in their country.

Their views are not necessarily the views of Ministers or indeed the government. But we pay them to be candid. Just as the US Ambassador here will send back his reading of Westminster politics and personalities.

Of course we would expect such advice to be handled by Ministers and civil servants in the right way and it’s important that our Ambassadors can offer their advice and for it remain confidential. Our team in Washington have strong relations with the White House and no doubt that these will withstand such mischievous behavior.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/07/07/leaked-memos-british-ambassador-u.s.-calls-trump-inept-insecure-says-administration-dysfunctional
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In Leaked Memos, British Ambassador To The U.S. Calls Trump ‘Inept, ‘Insecure,’ Says Administration Is ‘Dysfunctional’

Posted at 11:00 am on July 7, 2019 by Elizabeth Vaughn

The British FCO issued the following statement about the leaked documents:
<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/07/07/leaked-memos-british-ambassador-u.s.-calls-trump-inept-insecure-says-administration-dysfunctional

Could you please advise me as to why should I give one hoot in hell what some light in the loafers British ambassador thinks about anything or anyone @corbe?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:59:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

You should care @Bigun because if those limey bastards complete the Brexit process thus destroying the EU they'll come after us NEXT. 
  In other Words, I got nothing as to why you should care.   :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
  You should care @Bigun because if those limey bastards complete the Brexit process thus destroying the EU they'll come after us NEXT. 
  In other Words, I got nothing as to why you should care.   :beer:

:mauslaff:   :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

One wonders how these cables got leaked.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UK Steele helped prepare that dossier, the government under May and Cameron have got to be called somewhat centrist despite having the Tory label.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Just mention of the name "Great Britain" conjures up thoughts of "incompetence" these days.

Bill Cipher

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:  :whistle:

Leaking diplomatic cables is not a light matter, no matter the country. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Surely this wouldn't have anything to do with the abuse of Five Eyes stuff?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'We're not big fans' of UK's ambassador to the US
by Tim Pearce
 | July 07, 2019 05:10 PM

President Trump criticized the U.K. Ambassador to the U.S. Sir Kim Darroch after Darroch called the president "inept" and "incompetent" in leaked messages.

Trump spoke to reporters Sunday, saying that Darroch had done a poor job of serving the United Kingdom's interests in the United States. Trump also said he had not seen the messages that were first reported in the press on Saturday.

"We've had our little ins-and-outs with a couple of countries, and I would say that the U.K. and the ambassador has not served the U.K. well," Trump said. "We're not big fans of that man, and he has not served the U.K. well."

"I can say things about him, but I won’t bother," Trump concluded.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-were-not-big-fans-of-uks-ambassador-to-the-us
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
No one gives a tinker's damn about what this inbred limey bastard has to say...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
DAN #MAGAveteran Retweeted
George Papadopoulos
‏ @GeorgePapa19
3h3 hours ago

The US-UK scandal that is going to hit headlines this week is about the MI6, in coordination with the CIA, running Stefan Halper at me in London.
90 replies 1,064 retweets 2,953 likes

Online Right_in_Virginia

No one gives a tinker's damn about what this inbred limey bastard has to say...

Actually, if this inbred limey bastard had wonderful things to say about the POTUS, I'd be concerned @EdJames

But this pleases me.   happy77

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Actually, if this inbred limey bastard had wonderful things to say about the POTUS, I'd be concerned @EdJames

But this pleases me.   happy77

:laugh:

Online corbe

Jeez, you two, second time today, yall need to go get a (private) room.   wink777

Offline Absalom

Trump and Reality occupy opposite ends of the Universe.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Asked about the leak, Trump told reporters in the US: "The ambassador has not served the UK well, I can tell you that.

"We are not big fans of that man and he has not served the UK well. So I can understand it, and I can say things about him but I won't bother."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-hits-back-uks-top-envoy-calls-white-235328017.html

BS. He’ll bother. Nothing is being said right now, because he’s not entirely sure who the guy actually is, right now. Once he’s fully briefed, expect the tweet storm.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.