Author Topic: Disneyland brawl aftermath: Men beating women in the middle of park, no joke  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That we who avoid the urban experience are retrograde troglodytes.

You'll notice that @Jazzhead didn't refute my statement.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

I have never felt the need.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a tourist town... All that bouncy, bouncy happy crap is laid plain on my radar, and as a native I avoid such places like the plague.  Unless it's something really special, like Wall Drug or the world's biggest ball of earwax, I just naturally go right on by...  :shrug:
@roamer_1
Even when I was young I never liked crowds, hated them actually, my wife and I occasionally went to amusement parks when dating, we both worked at Knott's and I ran Lindy's Cafe in the 'new' Roaring 20's area and had to listen to that damn music and deal with A-holes all day long. What pushed me over the limit was 25 years of customer service and severe hearing loss. I now have hearing aids but don't wear them because store have started playing crap music so loud it hurts me even without the hearing aids.
So no, I don't go out anywhere near people if I don't have to.....................people suck, well not the fine people here on this site, but everyone else sucks!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any interest in amusement parks.
Then the talk turned to movies.

The last time I was in a movie theater was 1993.
Haven't been back since, will probably NEVER enter one again.

I don't care for the overwhelming majority of "newer" films, anyway.
But if you're willin' to dig some, there IS "gold to be found" out there.

What to do?
Get yourself a GOOD-SIZED computer display, 27-32".
Get good headphones or speakers.
Learn how to download movies, and get ahold of GOOD copies (the quality of the "rips" out there varies wildly). Generally, 1080p ripped from Bluray is good. 720p in a pinch.

If you have a GOOD copy it will look BETTER on your screen than in the theater, and probably sound better too.
If you need "a break" while watching, just pause it, and restart when you sit down again.

Speaking of good films, lately I've been downloading anti-communist films (yes, they actually exist).
A couple of weeks ago watched "Eleni".
Last week, "The Way Back", about escapees from a Siberian labor camp in the 40's who walked to India.
Both were excellent.

Online roamer_1

Even when I was young I never liked crowds, hated them actually,
[...]
So no, I don't go out anywhere near people if I don't have to.....................people suck, well not the fine people here on this site, but everyone else sucks!

@GtHawk
Pretty much the same. I don't know where it came from exactly.
Part of it is that I am BIG, and because of that, there is always some cocky idiot trying to knock down the biggest guy in the place, and that was usually me. Add to that a fair career in security management for rather rowdy honkytonks (read bouncer), and I think I just got fed up.

Never did like big venues - different for the rodeo and gripping for music events... Also different for backstage security... Because in all of those, you are not in the thundering herd. But the rest, especially if I was not familiar with the venue and didn't know my way out , I just get real jumpy in places like that...

For my own pleasure, more than likely you'd find me down on the river somewhere at a tailgate party, or at a grange hall dance, or a hootenanny at one of the ranches, That's all more my style.

Am I gonna fly down to some dumb tourist trap with 100,000 other folks like Disney?
Not a single chance in hell.

NASCAR (though that is more my kinda thing)?
Prolly not.

A Jeep Jamboree? Oh heck yeah.
A big mud truck/ hill climb event? Now your talkin.
Rodeo? YEP
Rondy? YEP

Much different or past that, my feet start draggin and I get grumpy.

Offline goatprairie

@roamer_1
Even when I was young I never liked crowds, hated them actually, my wife and I occasionally went to amusement parks when dating, we both worked at Knott's and I ran Lindy's Cafe in the 'new' Roaring 20's area and had to listen to that damn music and deal with A-holes all day long. What pushed me over the limit was 25 years of customer service and severe hearing loss. I now have hearing aids but don't wear them because store have started playing crap music so loud it hurts me even without the hearing aids.

people...they're the worst.  9999hair out0000

Offline goatprairie

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any interest in amusement parks.
Then the talk turned to movies.

The last time I was in a movie theater was 1993.
Haven't been back since, will probably NEVER enter one again.

I don't care for the overwhelming majority of "newer" films, anyway.
But if you're willin' to dig some, there IS "gold to be found" out there.

What to do?
Get yourself a GOOD-SIZED computer display, 27-32".
Get good headphones or speakers.
Learn how to download movies, and get ahold of GOOD copies (the quality of the "rips" out there varies wildly). Generally, 1080p ripped from Bluray is good. 720p in a pinch.

If you have a GOOD copy it will look BETTER on your screen than in the theater, and probably sound better too.
If you need "a break" while watching, just pause it, and restart when you sit down again.

Speaking of good films, lately I've been downloading anti-communist films (yes, they actually exist).
A couple of weeks ago watched "Eleni".
Last week, "The Way Back", about escapees from a Siberian labor camp in the 40's who walked to India.
Both were excellent.
Up until the nineties I used to see maybe 20-30 films annually. Then in the nineties I started seeing many highly rated films that were downright dull or mediocre. The English Patient, Ronin, Pulp Fiction, many others all stinkers. Quentin Tarantino has made maybe only one good film in his career, Reservoir Dogs. He is easily the most overrated moviemaker ever.
I can only think of two or three nineties films that I've liked. But even then movies started going futher downhill. There is not one movie critic I trust after seeing so many crap films given high ratings.
There is just too much politically correct garbage in films. Combined that with the proliferation of cgis, there have been only a handful of films I've seen since the early nineties I would deem worth watching. Gravity, another highly praised flick with George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, was a preposterous pos.
I've now seen only one flick at the movie theaters in twenty years. And that one, Dunkirk, was a pretty good movie. They should blow up Hollyweird and start all over.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:32:57 am by goatprairie »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Disney parks never held any attraction for me.

In a similar vein, neither does Las Vegas...
I am the same way. ROde a great little roller coaster in Virginia back in the day (over 40 years ago), but haven't been to one since.

Had a chance after working a well to zig down to Vegas (90 miles away), but I just zagged instead and went back to North Dakota.

I'm no fan of crowds or cities, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Wow.

The other night I re watched “Idiocracy” for like the 14th time.

Mike Judge is an underestimated genius.
Absolutely!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@GtHawk

I have never felt the need.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a tourist town... All that bouncy, bouncy happy crap is laid plain on my radar, and as a native I avoid such places like the plague.  Unless it's something really special, like Wall Drug or the world's biggest ball of earwax, I just naturally go right on by...  :shrug:
Wall Drug is fun.... but I know what you are saying about tourists. Seemed we always had a few wash ashore in the summertime....Sunday sailor types (still) in a rental boat if they were lucky, a couple days later if they weren't.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I showed the Disneyland video to Mr. M last night, watching it in its entirety. What the heck was going on with red shirt guy? He was punching every woman in his group. He'd act nice to one of them, then suddenly smack her in the mouth. I liked the little white guy in a hoodie and backpack. He kept flitting around the melee like a fly at a picnic table. But the best part definitely was when Joe Frazier, er, the fat woman, went down for the count.

Now that's entertainment!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Wall Drug is fun....

No, it's really not. XD
But I always stop for a selfie with the dinosaur... Is that still there?

Ever since email and digital pics, anyone goes back east, you can bet on the dino pic. We've prolly got thirty of those with various family members..

I think it's because it's about the only landmark along the way between the east side of the hump/Missouri Breaks and Chicago that means something. They're sayin they made it that far. Every other selfie is a town name against a backdrop of corn.  :shrug:

Offline goatprairie

No, it's really not. XD

Ever since email and digital pics, anyone goes back east, you can bet on the dino pic. We've prolly got thirty of those with various family members..

I think it's because it's about the only landmark along the way between the east side of the hump/Missouri Breaks and Chicago that means something. They're sayin they made it that far. Every other selfie is a town name against a backdrop of corn.  :shrug:
Next time you're on I-90 a little west of Sioux Falls near Montrose, check out the Porter Sculpture Park. You can see two huge sculptures while driving past it, but there's a lot more sculptures inside the small park. The sculptures are a little offbeat with a lot of humor thrown in. 
Wayne Porter, the actual scuptor, is usually there taking a modest fee for admission. When the wife and I were there last year, he had trouble processing our credit card, so he was going to let us in for free. I just paid the admission in cash. Very chatty guy as well talking about how he made his sculptures.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Next time you're on I-90 a little west of Sioux Falls near Montrose, check out the Porter Sculpture Park. You can see two huge sculptures while driving past it, but there's a lot more sculptures inside the small park. The sculptures are a little offbeat with a lot of humor thrown in. 
Wayne Porter, the actual scuptor, is usually there taking a modest fee for admission. When the wife and I were there last year, he had trouble processing our credit card, so he was going to let us in for free. I just paid the admission in cash. Very chatty guy as well talking about how he made his sculptures.

The sculptures are certainly offbeat...

http://portersculpturepark.com/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You'll notice that @Jazzhead didn't refute my statement.

You posted a deliberately provocative statement that I chose to ignore.   I have nothing against folks who choose to not live in cities.   Or even those who don't like being in crowds at stadiums and themeparks.   Back when I wasn't "differently abled",  I loved hiking for miles in the mountains,  just for the sheer beauty and solitude of it all. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goatprairie

No, it's really not. XD

And you were not thrilled with The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD? The Taj Mahal is a shack next to it.

Online roamer_1

A simple image search using 'Porter Sculpture Park' shows the remarkable variety. Excellent!

However, the chances of me going back that way are somewhere between slim and none. Haven't been for nigh on thirty years, and that is pretty much proving a trend.
I can't think of a single dang thing that will move me east further than maybe the Missouri Breaks or maybe the Wind River country... I've got all I need right here.

But thank you all the same :)

:beer:

Online roamer_1

And you were not thrilled with The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD? The Taj Mahal is a shack next to it.

Nope. But I think we turn south before Mitchell, heading for Des Moines... I could be wrong though, as it's been some years.