Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard signing with Los Angeles Clippers; Paul George joining him via monster trade  (Read 898 times)

Online corbe

Kawhi Leonard signing with Los Angeles Clippers; Paul George joining him via monster trade

AJ Neuharth-Keusch and Jeff Zillgitt

7 hrs ago

This summer's biggest free agent is headed to Los Angeles, and not to play for the Lakers.

Kawhi Leonard, who last month led the Toronto Raptors to the first championship in franchise history, will sign a max deal (4 years, $140.6 million) with the L.A. Clippers, a source with knowledge of the signing confirmed to USA TODAY Sports. 

The person requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly until the deal is official.

He won't be coming alone.

In a monster deal, the Clippers are also trading for Oklahoma City Thunder six-time All-Star Paul George, a source with knowledge of the deal confirmed.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kawhi-leonard-signing-with-los-angeles-clippers-paul-george-joining-him-via-monster-trade/ar-AADWnDA?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

I'm getting dizzy trying to keep track of all the people changing teams. I'm also trying to think of the last player who voluntarily left a championship team the year after winning one. I can't think of any.
My Bucks lost two key players from last season's title run (Brogdon and Mirotic), but I think both can be covered.
Some people think Brodgon's leaving is a serious loss, but he might have gotten beaten out for his job by rookie Donte Divincenzo if Divincenzo hadn't been sidelined most of the year from a heel problem.
Divincenzo is a better athlete and a better def. player. Brogdon is a good player, but not quite as important as some people think. And after he decided to spout off about race during the season, I won't miss him.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is being seen as a blockbuster trade and a major shake-up in the NBA, check the headlines.

Online corbe

Has anyone in the East gotten stronger @goatprairie especially with Kawhi gone?  The Bucks will be formidable this season, again, IMHO.  Looks like the Rockets are pretty much staying intact after the Butler trade fiasco the shiny part in the West is GSW are self destructing before our eyes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

Has anyone in the East gotten stronger @goatprairie especially with Kawhi gone?  The Bucks will be formidable this season, again, IMHO.  Looks like the Rockets are pretty much staying intact after the Butler trade fiasco the shiny part in the West is GSW are self destructing before our eyes.
The Bucks should be strong again. With no Leonard, forget about Toronto vying for the title. Philly looks awful tough. Of course, by adding Durant and Irving I'm sure the Nets feel like they'll be contending. They might be right.
My Bucks have only one superstar, Giannis, but are very deep.  Robin Lopez adds a quality backup center to his brother.
One concern is Divincenzo, last years no. one Buck pick. Early on he looked like he might contribute greatly and even beat out Brogdon. But heel injuries doomed his rookie year.
But he has more potential than Brogdon...he's a better defensive player, rebounder, and can score from deep.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
For $35 million per year, does he have a kneel clause, or not?

Krappernick pretty much ruined pro football for me. Basketball could go either way.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

For $35 million per year, does he have a kneel clause, or not?

OMG!   I thought Bryce Harper's $33M per contract was ridiculous (SOB is hitting .250 with an .840 OPS)   Currently 60th in the NL.

...for a 162 game season as opposed to an 80 game NBA season 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

OMG!   I thought Bryce Harper's $33M per contract was ridiculous (SOB is hitting .250 with an .840 OPS)   Currently 60th in the NL.

...for a 162 game season as opposed to an 80 game NBA season
Basketball players do more physical exertion in one game than baseball players do in 162 games. So there's that.