Author Topic: Trump hails 'unexpectedly good' jobs report  (Read 588 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hails 'unexpectedly good' jobs report
« on: July 05, 2019, 04:24:26 pm »
Trump hails 'unexpectedly good' jobs report
By Sylvan Lane - 07/05/19 11:44 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday touted an “unexpectedly good” June jobs report and claimed the gains would be record-breaking if the Federal Reserve did not raise interest rates throughout his term.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, the president said he was “very happy” about the monthly employment report released by the Labor Department earlier Friday, which showed a gain of 224,000 jobs in June.

“We had great numbers this morning,” Trump said. “Those were really unexpectedly good, and our country continues to do really well—really, really well.”

The June employment report far exceeded expectations from private sector economists, who projected the U.S. to add roughly 160,000 jobs last month. The surprising overshoot may help ease fears of slowdown raised by a dismal May jobs report that fell well short of hopes.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/451755-trump-hails-unexpectedly-good-jobs-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump hails 'unexpectedly good' jobs report
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 04:40:37 pm »
So should we all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump hails 'unexpectedly good' jobs report
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
It's summer, so I'm guessing these are mostly seasonal jobs which will be gone by September.