Author Topic: From the redcoats to the black robes  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: From the redcoats to the black robes
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 08:05:46 pm »
Government requires the consent of the governed, disease does not.  The two are not in the least comparable and the analogy is specious.
The claim that only those with a legal education can understand the law indicts not those who lack the education, but those who have it; they have made the law an indecipherable mass of politically and socially expedient cant, no longer fit as a basis for ordered liberty.  Any law that cannot be understood by those governed cannot maintain the consent of those governed, and fails its first requirement.
The fact that the Constitution is taught in the public schools, and that juries are drawn from records of voters and licensed drivers, should demonstrate beyond argument that all that is needed *is* a mastery of grade school reading classes.
---------------------------------
Reflective and on the mark.
It is amusing to hear such blather that a higher mind is required to interpret Law. Wow, who knew???
Such an absurdity brings to mind the Principle of Parsimony, articulated by Ockham, a
Franciscan Monk and Scholastic; also labeled, his 'Razor.'
In brief, he argued that logic requires the fewest assumptions to explain any fact of Nature.
The greatest minds in science adhered to this Principle, among them:
* Archimedes and his Law of Buoyancy.
* Newton and his Laws of Motion.
* Galileo and his Law of Inertia.
It was not until the modern era that this Principle was ignored; most prominently by:
* Darwin in his 'Origin of the Species' and
* Einstein and 'Relativity'.
And what is most striking about the latter two scientists?????
THEY POSTULATED THEORIES WHICH TO THIS VERY MOMENT REMAIN
UNPROVEN DESPITE HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF ARGUMENT.
SO MUCH FOR PARSIMONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for the Law, what we need is humility, not arrogant bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 12:22:19 pm »
Government requires the consent of the governed, disease does not.  The two are not in the least comparable and the analogy is specious.

The claim that only those with a legal education can understand the law indicts not those who lack the education, but those who have it; they have made the law an indecipherable mass of politically and socially expedient cant, no longer fit as a basis for ordered liberty.  Any law that cannot be understood by those governed cannot maintain the consent of those governed, and fails its first requirement.

The fact that the Constitution is taught in the public schools, and that juries are drawn from records of voters and licensed drivers, should demonstrate beyond argument that all that is needed *is* a mastery of grade school reading classes.

Yeah, right.  You wear your ignorance so proudly. 

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 12:45:17 pm »
Just as you wear your totalitarian bent.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 01:41:16 pm »

If I am wrong then at least one of the following is untrue :

Government requires consent of the governed;
A law must be understood by those governed in order to have their consent;
The US Constitution is taught in the public schools;
Juries are drawn from voter rolls.

Which is untrue?
James 1:20

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 02:24:50 pm »
If I am wrong then at least one of the following is untrue :

Government requires consent of the governed;
A law must be understood by those governed in order to have their consent;
The US Constitution is taught in the public schools;
Juries are drawn from voter rolls.

Which is untrue?

@HoustonSam you cannot question @Bill Cipher as he is a member of the cult and thus FAR above you and me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »
@HoustonSam you cannot question @Bill Cipher as he is a member of the cult and thus FAR above you and me.

This would explain the one-sentence posts like "You are stupid" or "whatever" in response to long, thought-out posts from others.  He's an Oracle, and needs no further explanation.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2019, 03:02:39 pm »
Not a lawyer. Not a cardiologist. Not a rocket scientist.

I did complete the second grade.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We the the people....

Not we the lawyers. Not we the cardiologists. Not we the rocket scientists.

From wikipedia:

The Preamble to the United States Constitution is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles. It states in general terms, and courts have referred to it as reliable evidence of the Founding Fathers' intentions regarding the Constitution's meaning and what they hoped the Constitution would achieve.

So there.  :tongue2:

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2019, 03:12:19 pm »
Not a lawyer. Not a cardiologist. Not a rocket scientist.

I did complete the second grade.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We the the people....

Not we the lawyers. Not we the cardiologists. Not we the rocket scientists.

From wikipedia:

The Preamble to the United States Constitution is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles. It states in general terms, and courts have referred to it as reliable evidence of the Founding Fathers' intentions regarding the Constitution's meaning and what they hoped the Constitution would achieve.

So there.  :tongue2:

goopo

Your quoting of the preamble does cast some light on how far we've strayed under the tender mercies of the Oracles, our "betters." 

@bigheadfred
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2019, 07:55:25 pm »
Are you a cardiologist?

If not, what value does your advice on the correct stitching technique for valve replacement have?

If you haven’t taken the time to learn about the law, it’s history and doctrines, then your opinions on the law are about as valueless as your opinions on open-heart surgical techniques.

That ain't how it works. a surgeon can be amazed by the talents of a simple leather worker.
And a lawyer can learn wisdom from a simple painter... Well theoretically anyway... Not that anyone has actually seen wisdom in a lawyer...  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2019, 08:01:49 pm »
One needs skills in law commensurate with the skills of the cardiologist to read the Constitution. 

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

O_M_G!!!!
Like 'you have to be a theologian to understand the Bible'!
What elitist crap!

:happyhappy: 88finger point :bigsilly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2019, 03:45:04 pm »

You know nothing of the law, are quite proud of that fact, and yet think yourself a master of the law nonetheless.

@Bill Cipher

I think you know nothing of the law,or you would know that the law means whatever a judge wants it to mean. This is NOT "theory",bubba. It is established FACT.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!