Author Topic: Martha McSally Faces an Electoral Beatdown In 2020  (Read 965 times)

Offline corbe

Martha McSally Faces an Electoral Beatdown In 2020
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:27:59 pm »

Posted at 10:30 pm on July 3, 2019 by streiff

During a hearing by the Senate Armed Services Subcommittee on Personnel about prevention and response to sexual assault in the military, Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., recounts her own experience while serving as a colonel in the Air Force, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, March 6, 2019. McSally, the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat, says she was raped in the Air Force by a superior officer. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

One thing that both political parties have in common is that they default to nominating dull proven losers because those losers are popular with the party’s establishment and are very unlikely to cause much trouble or upset too many any apple carts. This is the case of Martha McSally.

McSally is a prime example of a resume masquerading as a candidate. Her qualifications are that she was the first American woman to fly a fighter aircraft (A-10) in a combat zone and she was the first American woman to command a fighter squadron. We don’t know how well she did any of that but she was first and for the Arizona GOP that was enough. In 2012, she ran in the GOP primary for the special election to replace Gabby Giffords (AZ-8) and lost. She turned around, won the GOP nomination in AZ-5 and lost to the Democrat incumbent. Losing two congressional contests in one election cycle is damned impressive, but not so impressive as to keep the AZ GOP from boosting her.

In 2014, a wave year for the GOP, she ran for the House, this time in AZ-2 — if you’re keeping track, this is the third district she’s carpetbagged her way into — and won by 167 votes. She did manage to hold her seat in 2016.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2019/07/03/martha-mcsally-faces-electoral-beatdown-2020/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Martha McSally Faces an Electoral Beatdown In 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 06:07:58 pm »
She's in a tough race for sure, but not for the reasons this reporter thinks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 08:42:14 pm »

In 2014, a wave year for the GOP, she ran for the House, this time in AZ-2 — if you’re keeping track, this is the third district she’s carpetbagged her way into — and won by 167 votes. She did manage to hold her seat in 2016.

@corbe

Ok,so how and what has she done since finally getting elected?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 08:52:49 pm »
@corbe

Ok,so how and what has she done since finally getting elected?

@sneakypete Just because that's the measure by which she should be judged, doesn't mean she will be.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »
   I got no dog in this hunt @sneakypete I live in Texas.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 11:52:19 pm »
   I got no dog in this hunt @sneakypete I live in Texas.

@corbe  @Cyber Liberty

Me,either. I'm just curious about how she turned out. There ARE rare cases where the office made the man/woman. You just never really know what you are going to get with someone who has never held office before until they hold the office.

Yeah,there are clues,but sometime there are  also surprises. Some good,some bad,depending on your POV.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!