Author Topic: Allen West says he's exploring a run for Texas GOP chair  (Read 639 times)

Offline corbe

Allen West says he's exploring a run for Texas GOP chair
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:38:26 pm »
Allen West says he's exploring a run for Texas GOP chair

The announcement by the former Florida congressman, who now lives in Texas, sets up a possible challenge to the current chairman, James Dickey.

by Patrick Svitek July 3, 2019

Allen West, the former Florida congressman who now lives in Texas, announced Wednesday evening that he is exploring a run for Texas GOP chair, setting up a potential challenge to the party's current leader, James Dickey.

"As I look ahead as to how I can continue my service to this constitutional republic and the great state of Texas, my family and I ... have decided to explore the opportunity to be the next chairman of the Republican Party of Texas," West said in a live YouTube broadcast.

Delegates will elect the next chair of the Republican Party of Texas at its 2020 convention, which is scheduled for May 14-16 in Houston. Dickey first won the job in 2017 after the previous chair resigned, and he was reelected a year later — both were contentious races.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/03/allen-west-exploring-run-GOP-chair-Texas/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Allen West says he's exploring a run for Texas GOP chair
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:54:03 pm »
Nope!

Wrong job!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 04:05:25 pm »
Nope!

Wrong job!

I have a feeling Abbott will have the GOP chair he chooses. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 02:47:38 am »
Another story:

Elections 2020
Allen West Announces Run for Texas Republican Party Chair

Allen West, the former Florida congressman and Tea Party favorite will seek to take control of the Texas GOP to help elect conservatives statewide.
Brad Johnson July 3, 2019

On Wednesday, former Florida Congressman Allen West announced his run for the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) chair. West will challenge James Dickey, who has been chairman since 2017.

West said in his address he will “explore the opportunity to be the next chairman” for RPT chair.

He stated his goal is to “recruit, train, resource, equip, and deploy constitutional conservatives to win at the local, state, and national level.”...

https://thetexan.news/allen-west-announces-run-for-texas-republican-party-chair/?utm_content=buffera7a32&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer