Poll

Who is your favorite to "primary" Trump?

Sen. Cruz
5 (62.5%)
Sen. Sasse
0 (0%)
Evan McMuffin
2 (25%)
Sen.  Romney
0 (0%)
Paul Ryan?
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 07, 2019, 01:10:51 am

Author Topic: Briefing Room favorite to "primary" Trump?  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Briefing Room favorite to "primary" Trump?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2019, 03:40:44 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2019, 09:39:11 am »
@corbe!

Corbe for 2020!!

:beer:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2019, 09:40:18 am »

I think Fortnight should be there instead of Halo. Of course I like electronic solitaire
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2019, 09:47:53 am »
That's how it is looking to me too @corbe .
Standing on party and casting off principle.
And that's too damn bad.
THe only question I have is how much of that is 'conversion' and how much is staying alive to fight another day.

I don't think the GOPe exactly loved him, and with animus from Trump and the Dems targeting the seat, sure he scraped by last time. Perhaps his philosophy has changed, perhaps not. He can't do anything if he can't keep the seat, though, and unfortunately, that takes Party backing, or at least not having to fight them to run.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2019, 10:24:54 am »
THe only question I have is how much of that is 'conversion' and how much is staying alive to fight another day.

I don't think the GOPe exactly loved him, and with animus from Trump and the Dems targeting the seat, sure he scraped by last time. Perhaps his philosophy has changed, perhaps not. He can't do anything if he can't keep the seat, though, and unfortunately, that takes Party backing, or at least not having to fight them to run.

I ain't wrote him off just yet...

But, I disagree - His behavior is not representative of his state, nor of his national fans, which in either case (as those two things do coincide), is where his duty lies, which also coincides and originates in Conservatism's principles.

Principle things, always being true, are not subject to the vagaries of political winds, and therefore, his operation outside of those principles is technically, by definition, a betrayal. The fact that political winds have never swayed him before is what confirms him as a Conservative to me, and is that by which my trust is given.

Again, technically, that betrayal breaks his word, and trust is lost. I can no longer rely on his record, and can no longer predict his motives or his actions.

Now, all that sounds just awful, and it ain't all that - What I describe is highly magnified, as it is the only way I can put it to words.

To whom much is given, much is required... I don't expect it of others, like Tumpy the Clown, who, as much as some desire, is no representative of Conservative ideals.

But Cruz most certainly is, and so I expect better.

Can I overlook it? Can I forgive him? Probably so. Not in the short term though... I won't listen to him anymore until he straightens up and starts flying right. For now, I don't trust him at all... As it is, he has demonstrated that he can be moved, and is in that, a mere politician.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2019, 04:15:39 pm »
I think Romney is positioning to run in 2020, but really has his eye on 2024.  I can see him running in 2020 and being out there in the event of a JFK event, which is possible.  Trump has managed to make a ton of enemies.

But that list does not have a single person I would ever want as president.  I do not think any of them are electable.  I see Pence running in 2024, and I like him.  I have never heard him say a single thing I disagree with. 

Trump will be the Republican candidate in 2020, unless he is on the other side of things.

It will be TRUMP vs CLINTON, and he defeats her with 40 states!  Anyone else, he wins 42-43 states.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2019, 04:27:46 pm »
   I can't, at this point in time, think there will be any credible GOP party candidate to challenge Trump in the primary.  His stranglehold on the GOP is formidable and expected.  The dems are not gonna lay down for 2020 and though hellary is a plausible scenario especially with Kameltoe being a placeholder, and Perez in charge, I don't see Trump winning 40+ States, he only won 30 in 2016.

@jafo2010

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:30:10 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.