Poll

Who is your favorite to "primary" Trump?

Sen. Cruz
5 (62.5%)
Sen. Sasse
0 (0%)
Evan McMuffin
2 (25%)
Sen.  Romney
0 (0%)
Paul Ryan?
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 07, 2019, 01:10:51 am

Author Topic: Briefing Room favorite to "primary" Trump?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Briefing Room favorite to "primary" Trump?
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:10:51 am »
Who is your favorite to "primary" Trump?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

Re: Briefing Room favorite to "primary" Trump?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:18:48 am »
If you are asking who I would want to win, it would be Cruz.  If you are asking who I would want to lose, it would be Romney.  Because a Romney challenge may be the straw that finally breaks Trump's allegiance with the GOP Establishment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:20:41 am »
None of the above mentioned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 01:21:02 am »
Need to define "favorite".

In this context, it can mean "who do you think is most likely to try", "who would you most like to try", or "who is most likely to successfully beat him in the primary".

My answer to the last two would be no one.  Some oddball might take a shot, probably just to get attention or rake in campaign contributions to pay their family members for "consulting", but at this point unless he shoots someone on fourth street he's the pub nominee.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 01:22:16 am »
You guys could let me finish typing before agreeing with me.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 01:23:42 am »
You guys could let me finish typing before agreeing with me.

888high58888   :beer: 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:46:47 am »
I'm a Cruz die-hard, but my favorite to primary Trump is "no one."  Warts and all, he is the only bet the Republicans can make for 2020; they made their bed and they must lie in it.  A primary battle against Trump as an incumbent would be disastrous for the Republicans.  And given the Democrat alternative, what is disastrous for the Republicans is also disastrous for the Republic.
James 1:20

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 01:57:30 am »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 01:58:18 am »
   I'm sure none of us "Democrats" see any sense of primarying Trump at this point @truth_seeker, it's useless.  It's a two party system and Trump runs the party we are mostly aligned with.  I'll vote for Trump unless he completely collapses (dead girl, live boy scernario). Texas's 38 EV's are at stake and Cruz's last election woke me up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 02:06:56 am »
   I'm sure none of us "Democrats" see any sense of primarying Trump at this point @truth_seeker, it's useless.  It's a two party system and Trump runs the party we are mostly aligned with.  I'll vote for Trump unless he completely collapses (dead girl, live boy scernario). Texas's 38 EV's are at stake and Cruz's last election woke me up.

Great response, @corbe.  You have come far, Grasshopper.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 02:13:10 am »
   TY @Sanguine I'm past the age of fresh legs and dry powder, I'm counting on my Brethren here to carry on the struggle and primarying Trump is a suicide mission, IMHO.   
   Dance with who brung ya, kinda thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 02:15:06 am »
I would probably vote for Cruz
But the whole idea is a fairy tale.

So I can readily predict I will be voting 3rd party, and likely the Constitution party candidate.
Sure as hell won't be voting for Tump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 02:17:33 am »
Justin Amash.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 02:19:07 am »
I'm a Cruz die-hard, but my favorite to primary Trump is "no one."  Warts and all, he is the only bet the Republicans can make for 2020; they made their bed and they must lie in it.  A primary battle against Trump as an incumbent would be disastrous for the Republicans.  And given the Democrat alternative, what is disastrous for the Republicans is also disastrous for the Republic.

I have enormous respect for Ted Cruz but think he can better serve his country in other capacities than the presidency.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 02:21:00 am »
OK, who's the joker who voted for Paul Ryan?

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 02:27:19 am »
   If he can't be President, I'd want him on the Supreme Court, his talents are wasted, but useful, in the Senate for now, right where Trump want's him.

Cruz Cajones in the West Wing

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 02:41:03 am »
OK, who's the joker who voted for Paul Ryan?

"Joker?"

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 02:43:27 am »
     Cruz Cajones in the West Wing

Have to disagree with the photo and caption @corbe.  Cruz stood tall, and fearless, during the 2016 Republican convention.  While he is supporting his party, I don't see that he's changed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 02:44:47 am »
Have to disagree with the photo and caption @corbe.  Cruz stood tall, and fearless, during the 2016 Republican convention.  While he is supporting his party, I don't see that he's changed.

I REALLY hope you are right, @HoustonSam .

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 02:57:12 am »

He just voted for his first bloated budget in 6 years of his Senatoring, in the midst of an election battle, he is a Politician, after all.  He's called both McConnell and Trump a GD Liar, before he was ballless. He's laying low for survivability in Trump's GOP, I get that except his vote wasn't needed to pass that CF of a Budget, but he flew back to Washington to do so, anyway, proving my point earlier, he is a politician, afterall.  He came in on the Tea Party wave and lasted longer than 'little' Marco, though.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 03:05:19 am »
[...] he is a politician, afterall.  He came in on the Tea Party wave and lasted longer than 'little' Marco, though.

That's how it is looking to me too @corbe .
Standing on party and casting off principle.
And that's too damn bad.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 03:08:53 am »
    It was a hard thought that overflowed my emotions,  I'll admit @HoustonSam I'm still that pizzed at him, 
    It's my fault for believing so much in a Politician, he was rare, a gem and has always/and still does show great promise to me.  I apologize if I offended you in my brutal characterization of the Man.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 03:17:59 am »
    It was a hard thought that overflowed my emotions,  I'll admit @HoustonSam I'm still that pizzed at him, 
    It's my fault for believing so much in a Politician, he was rare, a gem and has always/and still does show great promise to me.  I apologize if I offended you in my brutal characterization of the Man.

No problem @corbe, no offense taken.  He's certainly not perfect, and I might be wrong about him.

Seems to me that you and I agree on *values*, and that's what matters.  If we read a *person* differently that's minor.

All the best, my friend.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 03:26:10 am »
 :beer: