Author Topic: Trump defends 'very little' costs of Fourth of July event  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defends 'very little' costs of Fourth of July event
« on: July 03, 2019, 04:53:29 pm »
Trump defends 'very little' costs of Fourth of July event
By Brett Samuels - 07/03/19 10:46 AM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday defended the cost of his "Salute to America" event on Independence Day amid mounting criticism from Democrats that the spectacle will amount to a campaign rally at taxpayers' expense.

The president claimed the cost of the event "will be very little compared to what it is worth."

"We own the planes, we have the pilots, the airport is right next door (Andrews), all we need is the fuel," Trump tweeted. "We own the tanks and all. Fireworks are donated by two of the greats. Nice!"

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/451517-trump-defends-very-little-costs-of-fourth-of-july-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump defends 'very little' costs of Fourth of July event
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:21:25 pm »
Coincidentally as I reead this, I hear Rush Limbo listing previous examples of parades.

"Really Lame Attempt," he calls it.

And speaking for myself, I do not miss this as yet another instance of similarity among democrat, media and #nevertrumpers.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln