Author Topic: Folk singer Peter Yarrow, 81, disinvited from festival over 1969 indecency case (Peter, Paul & Mary)  (Read 616 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Folk singer Peter Yarrow, 81, disinvited from festival over 1969 indecency case
 World News | Published: 2 hours ago | Last Updated: Less than an hour ago

The member of the Peter, Paul and Mary outfit answered the door naked to a 14-year-old autograph hunter but was later pardoned by President Carter.

A US music festival has disinvited folk singer Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary over his 1970 jail sentence for indecent liberties with a 14-year-old girl.

The Press and Sun Bulletin of Binghamton reports that board members of the Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival in New York state cited negative reaction to Yarrow on social media in their decision to remove him from the festival’s line-up.

Read more at: https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/world-news/2019/07/03/folk-singer-peter-yarrow-81-disinvited-from-festival-over-1969-indecency-case/

Kind of gossipy, I had no idea this ever happened.

Offline Hoodat

board members of the Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival in New York state cited negative reaction to Yarrow on social media in their decision to remove him from the festival’s line-up

Seriously?  This is what we have become?  Everything comes down to some popularity contest on Facebook?  The Festival organizers had full knowledge of this event that occurred FIFTY YEARS AGO, yet it all comes down to that very minute minority that dominates social media.  Bah!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

Let me get this straight...someone knocks on the door of this guy and he is naked. So he didn't knock on her door? Right?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let me get this straight...someone knocks on the door of this guy and he is naked. So he didn't knock on her door? Right?

I think there was more to it than that, but I'm not interested enough to do the research.