Author Topic: U.S. beats England, advances to Women's World Cup final thanks to goalkeeping heroics  (Read 686 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Alyssa Naeher was supposed to be the weakness. The Achilles heel. The insufficient Hope Solo replacement, the question mark, and so much more.

But on Tuesday, in the biggest game of her life, she was the hero. The player 22 teammates mobbed at the final whistle. They – the U.S. women’s national team – are headed to the 2019 World Cup final because of her.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usa-england-world-cup-score-alyssa-naeher-save-205355651.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Naeher was clutch.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:35:47 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Alyssa Naeher was supposed to be the weakness. The Achilles heel. The insufficient Hope Solo replacement, the question mark, and so much more.

But on Tuesday, in the biggest game of her life, she was the hero. The player 22 teammates mobbed at the final whistle. They – the U.S. women’s national team – are headed to the 2019 World Cup final because of her.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usa-england-world-cup-score-alyssa-naeher-save-205355651.html
Good for her.

The rest of the team acted like the bunch of smug, spoiled and arrogant narcissists that give the "ugly American" a bad name. Alex Morgan's out there acting like she's Terrell Owens or something.

I won't stoop to Rapinoe's level and root against my country, but I'm sure as heck not rooting for this team.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Good for her.

The rest of the team acted like the bunch of smug, spoiled and arrogant narcissists that give the "ugly American" a bad name. Alex Morgan's out there acting like she's Terrell Owens or something.

I won't stoop to Rapinoe's level and root against my country, but I'm sure as heck not rooting for this team.

I will focus on the Men’s Team.  They play Jamaica tomorrow night in the Gold Cup Semis.  I couldn’t be less interested in women’s kickball.