Author Topic: Democratic congresswoman says they were 'concerned' for their safety during border facility tour  (Read 279 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic congresswoman says they were 'concerned' for their safety during border facility tour
by Julio Rosas
 | July 02, 2019 03:40 PM

Rep. Norma Torres told CNN that the members of the congressional delegation that visited a border detention facility were concerned for their safety because of the Border Patrol agents.

They were concerned after a ProPublica article reported on a Facebook page that included some Border Patrol agents who had shared memes degrading migrants, and some members of Congress, including Democratic California Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, were among those targeted.

“Well, I was definitely concerned. We were disrespected when we were there. We had a conversation with management about this article before we entered the location. Now, we were told that our staff had to stay outside and that we had to keep either our phones there at the entryway or we had to leave them in the car," the California Democrat said on Tuesday.

"Now, I don’t trust to leave my cellphone with these individuals that would threaten members of Congress while we are in the process of doing our job. Let me remind these people that this is our job. Oversight is our job, and that’s what we were doing. And to threaten members of Congress, I certainly did not feel safe to be inside this location," she added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-congresswoman-says-they-were-concerned-for-their-safety-during-border-facility-tour
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Well, the DEMS are starting to at least acknowledge that there IS indeed a problem at the border.  Their fearless leaders, Nancy and Chuckie have been lying to them. 

For anyone that thinks that the crisis at the border is manufactured, they really need to go down there and take a look and judge for themselves.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

Sure they were 'concerned' that their canard would be exposed.