Author Topic: The CIA Hits The Panic Button Over Joseph Mifsud As Barr’s Investigation Moves Ahead  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The CIA Hits The Panic Button Over Joseph Mifsud As Barr’s Investigation Moves Ahead

Posted at 3:11 pm on July 1, 2019 by streiff

With the looming declassification of documents pertaining to the genesis of the Russia hoax investigation, we’re beginning to see traces of anxiety in the intelligence community about what that declassification will reveal. One of the most interesting ones appeared today under the byline shared by the CIA’s go-to guy and James Comey crony at the Washington Post, Shane Harris. This article focuses on the role of Joseph Mifsud in the whole tawdry affair and its purpose seems to be to convince the credulously credulous who bought into the whole silly premise that George Papadopoulos was a go-between for the Trump campaign and Moscow that Mifsud could have been plausibly considered to be a Russian agent of influence if not an outright operative.

This is the background. Joseph Mifsud is a Maltese academic of no particular note. He seems to have served as an assistant to one of Malta’s foreign ministers. He appears in Britain in 2013 in a teaching position at the University of East Anglia (oddly enough it is also ground zero of the climate change fraud being perpetrated on the Western world.) His real claim to fame is the role he played in the Mueller investigation:

The narrative as it stands is that George Papadopoulos, a mid-level foreign policy advisor to the Trump campaign, made the acquaintance of Maltese Professor Joseph Mifsud in March 2016 while in Rome. Presenting himself a man with numerous contacts to the Russian government, Mifsud introduced Papadopoulos to a woman he claimed to be Vladimir Putin’s niece (she wasn’t) and a man he claimed was with the Russian Foreign Ministry. In late April, Mifsud informed Papadopoulos that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of “thousands of emails.” The Mueller Report claims that Russian military intelligence (GRU) hacked the Democratic National Committee’s emails in the two weeks prior to Mifsud sharing this information, while others speculate that Mifsud was referencing the over thirty thousand emails deleted on Clinton’s private server while she was Secretary of State. In early May, Papadopoulos, while drinking at a bar, shared this information with Australian diplomat Alexander Downer, who then passed it on to his own government, who then informed U.S. authorities about the illicit connection. The FBI officially opened their probe in late July, while Papadopoulos has since denied he ever discussed the topic with Downer.

Mifsud is a mysterious figure with numerous foreign connections. The Mueller Report mentions his relationships to multiple Russian figures, including a former employee of the Internet Research Agency, but the names and precise details are redacted. Mifsud is also ingrained in Western intelligence. Claire Smith, of the United Kingdom’s Joint Intelligence Committee, worked alongside Mifsud while training Italian security forces. In February 2017 Mifsud was a featured speaker for a meeting of Global Ties, a nonprofit partner of the U.S. State Department. The Maltese professor claimed he was interviewed by the FBI that February while in the United States, a claim the FBI has never verified. In fall 2017, Joseph Mifsud disappeared and his whereabouts have not been confirmed since. The Daily Caller reported in fall 2018 that Mifsud was indeed alive and living somewhere under a false identity...

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2019/07/01/cia-hits-panic-button-joseph-mifsud-barrs-investigation-moves-ahead/?fbclid=IwAR18u6689XVWLoeqc9bkOoB0fd7f8B6rhJaTIU0cCFngbiFNGBwR-26zCCk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Sanguine @EdJames @skeeter @Cyber Liberty @dfwgator @mystery-ak

VERY interesting reading for those interested in such.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

@Sanguine @EdJames @skeeter @Cyber Liberty @dfwgator @mystery-ak

VERY interesting reading for those interested in such.

Thanks for the ping!

Confusing. Man, I need a flow chart to keep track of this stuff.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks for the ping!

Confusing. Man, I need a flow chart to keep track of this stuff.

I think it was planned that way.  Could be wrong but I don't think so.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I think it was planned that way.  Could be wrong but I don't think so.

As long as it makes sense to Barr...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As long as it makes sense to Barr...

Hopefully, he and his people will sort it all out one day soon.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Thanks for the Ping!

He is C_I trash.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks for the Ping!

He is C_I trash.

Who exactly are you referring to?  Maybe I'm slow today.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Who exactly are you referring to?  Maybe I'm slow today.

Sorry, I wasn't clear....  Mifsud.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sorry, I wasn't clear....  Mifsud.

AH yes! Thank you!   I suspect you are correct.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks, @Bigun.  If anyone makes that flow chart I'd love to see it.