Author Topic: Harris, Other 2020 Dems Want to Bring Back Forced School Busing—Parents Want School Choice  (Read 631 times)

rangerrebew

Harris, Other 2020 Dems Want to Bring Back Forced School Busing—Parents Want School Choice
By Paula Bolyard June 29, 2019

During Thursday night's Democratic debate, California Senator Kamala Harris blasted former Vice President Joe Biden for not supporting school busing when he was a member of the Senate. In the ensuing days, several Democratic presidential hopefuls have come out in support of resurrecting a failed policy that Americans have opposed for decades -- that is, the forced busing of students out of their neighborhood schools in order to achieve a desired racial balance.

"I will direct this at Vice President Biden, I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground, but I also believe and it’s personal and it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country," said Harris, referencing Biden's recent statements highlighting his ability to work with two segregationists—both of whom were Democrats—during his time in the Senate.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2020-dems-want-to-bring-back-forced-busing-when-what-parents-of-all-races-really-want-is-school-choice/