Author Topic: 'He lost the election': Jimmy Carter says Trump an illegitimate president  (Read 2686 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And sometimes we don't know what we don't know.

@skeeter

True.

I offer my apologies for being presumptuous.  I am guilty of that more often than I like,and will try to do better in the future. Key word is "try".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

True.

I offer my apologies for being presumptuous.  I am guilty of that more often than I like,and will try to do better in the future. Key word is "try".
Whether you know it or not you're a good man, Pete.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Whether you know it or not you're a good man, Pete.

@skeeter

Thank you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Cyber Liberty

Nobody that lived through the Carter Economy will ever be able to forget it. That man gives fools a bad name.

"Odd-Even Gas Days"...depending on the last number on your license plate.    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

"Odd-Even Gas Days"...depending on the last number on your license plate.    9999hair out0000

..hmm... lived in Michigan at the time, I don't remember odd-even gas days, but I do remember extremely long lines and stations being out of gas.

I also remember buying my very first car.  I had saved $3,000.00 to put down on a new car that cost $5,200.00 and still had to have my Dad co-sign and the loan was at 19%.  People were selling and buying their homes with 'balloon mortgages" because interest rates were so ridiculous.

First and last time I ever voted DEM!  (What can I say, I was very young and just starting to pay attention to politics).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I remember the Energy Crisis.  I also remember PSAs telling us, among other things, to set our thermostats at 55 at night and 62 during the day -- in winter.  My aunt and uncle listened to the advice, turned down their thermostats and ended up with pneumonia. 

Ok I know cold doesn't directly cause pneumonia, but I expect being cold all the time made them more susceptible to illness. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DCPatriot

I don't remember the exact figure,but the price of new cars and trucks went up at least 50 percent in less than a year thanks to some of Jimmh's policies. Which means lots of people were suddenly out of work,which means state and local taxes went up to pay for the welfare and associated costs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

..hmm... lived in Michigan at the time, I don't remember odd-even gas days, but I do remember extremely long lines and stations being out of gas.

I also remember buying my very first car.  I had saved $3,000.00 to put down on a new car that cost $5,200.00 and still had to have my Dad co-sign and the loan was at 19%.  People were selling and buying their homes with 'balloon mortgages" because interest rates were so ridiculous.

@libertybele

And the year before interest rates had been less than 5 percent. Tens of thousands of people who had bought new homes/condos with variable rate mortgages were walking away from their "investment" penniless and homeless as their interest rates and mortgages more than doubled. Which,or course,depressed the housing market,which depressed the building trades,etc,etc,etc.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
One of sweater wearing Carter's famous fireside chats. Where he tells America that 'suffering' is natural and normal and 'good for the soul'. Pete has a point. Part of Carter's obsession with suffering and humbling America down to the rest of the world, was based on his fundamentalist Christian upbringing. He was determined to 'save' America from the 7 deadly sins, most of all the sin of Pride. America needed to be brought down a few pegs. And Carter felt that he was just the guy to do it.

That's why he only lasted one term. While Carter loved to wallow in 'suffering' to pay for his sins, America did not like it at all.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?153913-1/president-carters-fireside-chat-energy
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@240B

BTW,Jimmah got that mindset from his church upbringing. NOBODY is more communistic than fundie Christians. Don't tell one that to his face unless you want to see his head explode,though. Replace Jesus with Marx,and you have Communism.

Good grief Sneaky, sometimes you scrape the bottom of the barrow.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good grief Sneaky, sometimes you scrape the bottom of the barrow.

@Sighlass

No,I just sometimes tell "uncomfortable truths".

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

No,I just sometimes tell "uncomfortable truths".

No and you never have on religious matters... you go for shock value and let the forum rules of no deep religious discussions cover your butt.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No and you never have on religious matters... you go for shock value and let the forum rules of no deep religious discussions cover your butt.

Pete, he owned you on that one. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sighlass

Get over yourself. If you can't handle the truth,ignore my posts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pete, he owned you on that one.

@Sanguine

Not even close. You just think that because you share the same superstitions.

Which you are free to do as an American.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Not even close. You just think that because you share the same superstitions.

Which you are free to do as an American.

Nope, not so.  I thought you prided yourself on your objectivity?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope, not so.  I thought you prided yourself on your objectivity?

@Sanguine

I do. That doesn't mean that up means down.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

First and last time I ever voted DEM!  (What can I say, I was very young and just starting to pay attention to politics).

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024