Author Topic: Lori Loughlin: On second thought, maybe I should have taken that plea deal when it was on the table  (Read 569 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lori Loughlin: On second thought, maybe I should have taken that plea deal when it was on the table

Allahpundit Posted at 8:01 pm on June 28, 2019

A better person might have gone with “maybe I shouldn’t have bribed my kids’ way into a school they didn’t deserve to attend,” but okay.

Enlightenment is a process. This is a first step towards Ultimate Truth.

I wonder what her first clue was that going to trial wasn’t smart. Was it the fact that the feds have her on tape seemingly conspiring with the ringleader of the bribery scam to lie about what her $500,000 payment was for?

“While a few friends have stuck by her side, many others have cut her off,” the source claims. “She still feels it’s a huge misunderstanding, but seeing others be sentenced has scared her.”

“She is watching the reduced sentences of those who have taken plea deals, and wondering each day if she’s made the wrong decision,” the source adds of Loughlin, who, along with Giannulli, reportedly rejected an initial plea deal…

“She is trying to live a normal everyday life and to take this time to stay strong but it isn’t easy. Lori doesn’t have the support she once had. She is feeling a ‘fall from grace’ having had a persona as a wholesome mom and now being seen as a pariah,” the source says. “People keep giving Lori a hard time for being out and about and looking carefree, but she realizes that she might end up in prison and this might just be her last months of freedom for some time.”

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/28/lori-loughlin-second-thought-maybe-taken-plea-deal-table/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

My experience is in civil law firms, not criminal. but...seems to me if the prosecution has sufficient evidence that you did wrong, you should take any deal offered.  If the prosecution evidence is really strong, the DA doesn't even have to offer a deal.   In this case, the prosecution  has Miz Loughlin on tape.  Sounds like damming evidence to me.  She should have considered the proposed deal a gift and accepted it

But who ever said celebrities are the brightest bulbs in the chandelier?  Very few have more brains than a gnat.

Bill Cipher

My experience is in civil law firms, not criminal. but...seems to me if the prosecution has sufficient evidence that you did wrong, you should take any deal offered.  If the prosecution evidence is really strong, the DA doesn't even have to offer a deal.   In this case, the prosecution  has Miz Loughlin on tape.  Sounds like damming evidence to me.  She should have considered the proposed deal a gift and accepted it

But who ever said celebrities are the brightest bulbs in the chandelier?  Very few have more brains than a gnat.

Agreed. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Since most celebs live in a bubble and people are always kissing their asses she probably figured that what would happen in court.   I guess she finally got "woke".  The good kind of woke note the BS SJW jihadist woke
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have to be honest. I really don't understand why so many people are upset over this. It has been happening ever since the first school was started.

Who is really surprised that rich people use their money to benefit themselves and their families?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have to be honest. I really don't understand why so many people are upset over this. It has been happening ever since the first school was started.

Who is really surprised that rich people use their money to benefit themselves and their families?

Because it is at the expense of good students.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Homeschool some kids that know that their future belongs on that college scholarship and see if you sing the same tune. I have one now on a scholarship and one that may never make it (good scores, way above average but not good enough). 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because it is at the expense of good students.

@Sanguine

No,it's not. Not even once. NO college or university has a student body so full there isn't room for "1 more kid whose parents donated millions to the school."

After all,it's not even like they are going to be attending all,or even most of their classes. They are there to make social connections that might lead to just being given high level jobs,find husbands or wives,and to get them out of the house.

Their enrollment has ZERO effect on the typical student.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:24:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

No,it's not. Not even once. NO college or university has a student body so full there isn't room for "1 more kid whose parents donated millions to the school."

After all,it's not even like they are going to be attending all,or even most of their classes. They are there to make social connections that might lead to just being given high level jobs,find husbands or wives,and to get them out of the house.

Their enrollment has ZERO effect on the typical student.

'Fraid so, @sneakypete.  I worked at one of them.  Too full and there was a limit set each year.