Author Topic: California is set to become the first state to ban discrimination against black people's natural hai  (Read 1628 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California is set to become the first state to ban discrimination against black people's natural hair styles

Bill protecting natural hair passed California's state legislature on Thursday
    Would ban workplace discrimination against black people for natural hair
    Natural hair styles include afros, braids, twists and dreadlocks 

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 20:02 EDT, 28 June 2019 | Updated: 03:11 EDT, 29 June 2019

California is poised to become the first state to pass a law banning workplace discrimination against black people for wearing natural hair styles.

The bill dubbed the CROWN Act (Create a Respectful and Open Workplace for Natural Hair) passed California's Assembly on Thursday with a vote of 69-0.

The bill previously passed California's state Senate in April, and now awaits signature from Governor Gavin Newsom, a Democrat.

The new law would prohibit employers from firing or punishing employees for wearing 'protective hairstyles' such as 'braids, locks, and twists.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7194283/California-set-state-ban-discrimination-against-natural-hair-styles.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Dreadlocks are "natural" ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Dreadlocks are "natural" ?

Sorta:

Because hair naturally becomes matted when it isn't styled or combed, prehistoric humans must have worn their hair in a style similar to dreadlocks, until they invented combs and other utensils. Dreadlocks have been discovered on mummies in Peru, dating back to sometime between A.D. 200 and A.D. 800, and Aztec priests dating back to the 14th and 15th centuries traditionally wore their hair in matted locks.

Often, dreadlocks become a symbol of religious devotion, an ascetic's vow not to alter God's creation through grooming. In Ethiopia, priests in Christian Coptic churches have worn dreadlocks for hundreds of years. In India, the "sadhu" sect of Hinduism wears matted locks in tribute to the long-haired deity Shiva. "Rasta-Buddhists" in Japan, members of the black Muslim Baye Fall sect of Senegal, Maori in New Zealand, and tribes in Namibia and Angola all wear dreadlocks [source: Mastalia]....

https://people.howstuffworks.com/dreadlock6.htm

Offline skeeter

California politicians doing the really important work while the CA middle class slowly strangles to death.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
California politicians doing the really important work while the CA middle class slowly strangles to death.
Well ya know they are just throwing a meaningless bone to Blacks in the belief that it will keep the  Blacks from realizing that the democrats have replaced them with the more numerous Hispanic illegal vote.......................and the sad thing is the Blacks will still blindly vote for the party of Jim Crow and the KKK.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They will probably ban Fro picks larger than 6 inches.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Have ya ever seen pics of Africans? Many wear their hair in a buzz cut or shaved, I assume for convenience, the heat, bugs and pests, and so on.

The Republic is lost.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This sounds like an asinine law....

rangerrebew

California Poised to Become First US State to Ban Natural Hair Discrimination
By Isabel van Brugen
July 1, 2019 Updated: July 1, 2019

A bill to ban the discrimination of natural hairstyles was passed in California last week, making it the first state in the United States poised to make the change.

In a unanimous vote, the new bill was passed 69 to 0 by California’s state assembly on June 27, reported ABC News.

It came two months after the California Senate’s approval of an act led by State Sen. Holly Mitchell, which bans discrimination against people with natural hairstyles in the workplace—the CROWN Act (Create a Respectful and Open Workplace for Natural Hair).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/california-poised-to-become-first-us-state-to-ban-natural-hair-discrimination_2985005.html

rangerrebew

This is long overdue.  But they should ban discrimination against long noses, short feet, big ears, and big guts.  All bodily discrimination should be addressed.  And models - models bring so much shame to people like me they should be banned. :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
 :facepalm2:

Are we talking literal "natural hair" or the social-justice buzzword "natural hair" that only black people ever have? My bets would be on the latter.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Hair Extensions are "Natural"?

Offline Mod5

Offline Hoodat

Why are black people being singled out?  Shouldn't 'natural hair' protection apply to all?

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin curl in their hair but by the content of their character.
Better?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Wildfires,  soaring housing costs,  a disappearing middle class,  homeless crapping in the streets,  violent crime by illegal aliens,  and jobs and residents fleeing in droves.

California may have problems,  but thank God it's been made safe for dreadlocks. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why are black people being singled out?  Shouldn't 'natural hair' protection apply to all?

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Bob Marley made dreads popular. Surfers adopted Reggae, and dreads too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This sounds like an asinine law....
It is just that, asinine. If they were serious about what they are calling 'natural hair' then it would apply to all people of all races. This is a subterfuge law. That is, it is a law which claims to ban one thing but is really about something completely different.

This law has two goals. The first goal is to outlaw any kind of standard workplace dress code as they would apply specifically and only to Black people. The second goal is to give specifically and only Black people a new and amorphous claim to sue their employers. Employers will now be forced to prove that they did not fire them for their hair style. Specifically and only Black people can now grow their hair out to some weird absurd extent and style, regardless of if it is a defined danger in their work environment or if the person is publically representing the company. They win either way.

If they grow out hair to the point that they can no longer wear a hardhat or other protective gear and they get injured, that is an instant lawsuit. However, if they are fired or transferred because they cannot meet the requirements of the job (i.e., wear protective gear or to present a dignified public appearance) they can say they were fired for their 'natural hair'.

In the Navy, beards and long hair were banned because we could not fit a helmet, gas mask, scuba, rebreathers, and other gear. If you can't wear the gear, you can't do the job. If you can't do the job, you can't be in the deployed Navy in the field. No discrimination. Just simple fact. However, I doubt that some crazy wacko Liberal California judge or jury will give a single damn about rational facts.

The law has the added benefit that it further divides and separates Black people as being unique and not subject to the rules and laws that every other race has to abide by. The more Liberals can separate and divide Blacks and Hispanics as being 'special' and apart from all other races, the more they further their goal of total and complete racial segregation.

Who knew "the South will rise again" was a real thing? And that it would be the hippy Liberals who do it?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.