Author Topic: Apple Moving Mac Computer Production to China from U.S.  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Apple Moving Mac Computer Production to China from U.S.
« on: June 29, 2019, 12:40:45 pm »
Breitbart by LUCAS NOLAN 6/28/2019

Silicon Valley tech giant Apple is reportedly moving the production of its new Mac Pro desktop computers from the United States to China.

CNBC reports that Silicon Valley tech giant Apple plans to assemble its new Mac Pro desktop computer in China, moving production out of the U.S. where previous models were assembled. The Mac Pro was unveiled by Apple earlier this month and is set to go on sale later in 2019.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/06/28/report-apple-moving-mac-computer-production-to-china-from-u-s/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Apple Moving Mac Computer Production to China from U.S.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:10:23 pm »
Breitbart by LUCAS NOLAN 6/28/2019

Silicon Valley tech giant Apple is reportedly moving the production of its new Mac Pro desktop computers from the United States to China.

CNBC reports that Silicon Valley tech giant Apple plans to assemble its new Mac Pro desktop computer in China, moving production out of the U.S. where previous models were assembled. The Mac Pro was unveiled by Apple earlier this month and is set to go on sale later in 2019.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/06/28/report-apple-moving-mac-computer-production-to-china-from-u-s/

Once again,it is a case of "Communism for thee,NOT ME!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 05:15:16 pm »
Wasn’t going to buy a $6k computer anyway.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 05:19:13 pm »

Amen to that overpriced POS.  Let the comrades fight over them.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 05:27:34 pm »
They still make Macs?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 05:32:17 pm »
So much for all those manufacturing jobs coming back to the US.

Anyway, I'm no fan of Apple either.   I too dislike Apple products.  I have friends who have Mac, I-Phones or other I-somethings.   Tried to work with them, but concluded they just weren't user friendly.  Right now, I have a Dell laptop and a Samsung phone.  Both work for me. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 05:37:10 pm »
So the Chinese can install back-doors in the firmware of every Mac now. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 11:22:09 pm »

@RetBobbyMI

I'm not going to pay 3 grand for one built in China to further enrich multi-billionaire leftists,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 11:43:40 pm »
It’s not just macs. Even other companies are outsourcing to the Chicoms, including android and windows PCs
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 12:46:39 am »
Most Macs are already made in China.
The iMacs and MacBooks are. My 2018 Mini came from China.

The only models that were still made in the US were the existing "trashcan" Mac Pro's, and very few of those get sold any more, since it's been essentially the same design since 2013.

The 2019 Mac Pro's will be high-end workstations with a price tag to match, reaching up into the multiple tens of thousands of dollars. Few will buy them for personal use -- they're intended for high-end video editing, etc.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 12:49:50 am »
   I wonder if Rush will cover this Monday (does he still salivate on Apple)? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 12:59:06 am »
So much for all those manufacturing jobs coming back to the US.

Anyway, I'm no fan of Apple either.   I too dislike Apple products.  I have friends who have Mac, I-Phones or other I-somethings.   Tried to work with them, but concluded they just weren't user friendly.  Right now, I have a Dell laptop and a Samsung phone.  Both work for me.

Dittos... Except most of my boxen (1 domain server, 2 servers, 3 desks, 2 laptops ) are commercial HP rigs... I've got a big ol Dell running my main TV (an old Acer runs the one in the bedroom)...

and I am experimenting with a Dell notebook running a lightweight Linux as a replacement for my current Droid tablet... I absolutely cannot stand all the commercials I cannot get rid of on that tablet. If the notebook works out, I'll get a better one.

Wouldn't take a mac anything, even if you gave it to me. especially iphone.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 01:13:44 am »
   I've never been a fan of Apple anything either, too proprietary, and for a couple of years I keep up my certification to work on them.  Micro$oft suxs but Apple sucks harder, IMHO.
   Distinctly remember making a boatload of money recycling these for Apple freaks.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 08:00:02 pm »

Hey, but at least their numbers for the current quarter will look good.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-