Author Topic: Federal judge affirms ruling blocking parts of Trump’s border wall funding  (Read 602 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Federal judge affirms ruling blocking parts of Trump’s border wall funding
By Howard Blume
Jun 28, 2019 |

A federal judge in California has affirmed his preliminary decision to block President Trump’s attempt to build sections of a border wall using money redirected from military projects.

The ruling, by U.S. District Judge Haywood S. Gilliam Jr., made permanent his injunction against two planned projects that would have added fencing at the border with Mexico in California, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. Work would already have begun on these projects barring the litigation.

Gilliam halted the projects in complementary rulings in two lawsuits — one filed by California and New Mexico and the other by the Sierra Club and a group called the Southern Border Communities Coalition.

Read more at: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trump-border-wall-20190628-story.html

I don't think this was posted yet, it must have just happened sometime yesterday.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obama Federal Judges stymieing Trump's efforts has become a "Dog Bites Man" story.

Judge Gilligan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

So off to appellate court to see if the judge was right or wrong.  No big deal.

Offline bilo

One thing conservatives have learned from a Trump presidency is the importance of confirming activist conservative judges. To heck with the nonsense of being "above politics" and only ruling on the law. The Rats have been legislating from the bench for 50 years. It's time to not only stop them, but to reverse them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RetBobbyMI

Deploy the armed forces along the border. These looney judges can try to stop THAT.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Bill Cipher

Deploy the armed forces along the border. These looney judges can try to stop THAT.

To do what?   The armed forces cannot be used to enforce civilian law. 

Offline skeeter

Obama Federal Judges stymieing Trump's efforts has become a "Dog Bites Man" story.

Judge Gilligan

Or "Little Buddy" to the bailiff.

Offline RetBobbyMI

To do what?   The armed forces cannot be used to enforce civilian law.
They can certainly act as a deterrent against armed criminal elements. Besides, they can enforce international law on border sovereignty. They don’t need to enforce laws of the US, but can detain for ICE to do the job.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cipher (who I have on ignore but I saw this anyway) wrote:
" The armed forces cannot be used to enforce civilian law. "

That is true, but Posse Comitatus deals only with the military being used in "law enforcement" against American citizens.

I doubt it has ANY application whatsoever regarding a border invasion by aliens -- whether those aliens are dressed in uniform of if they are wearing civilian garb.

To go further, Posse Comitatus has no effect when it is the "National Guard" of the states doing the actions. I believe federal law specifically EXEMPTS NG troops from the restrictions of PC.

Quick solution:
President should mobilize all NG troops in America, and send them for border enforcement. That should hold up against any court challenge based on PC...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Quick solution:
President should mobilize all NG troops in America, and send them for border enforcement. That should hold up against any court challenge based on PC...

Sure...as long as we remember States can refuse, like California and New Mexico.  They've already refused to send the NG.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't think this was posted yet, it must have just happened sometime yesterday.

Must be Trump's fault!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sure...as long as we remember States can refuse, like California and New Mexico.  They've already refused to send the NG.

@Cyber Liberty

And Trump should refuse to send them any federal grant money. Let THEM feed and house their own pet illegals using their own tax money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

And Trump should refuse to send them any federal grant money. Let THEM feed and house their own pet illegals using their own tax money.

@sneakypete  Hardball is a game played with two pitchers.  wink777
I will NOT comply.

Offline RetBobbyMI

If they are mobilized under Title 10, basically federalizing the troops, the states have no say in the matter.  But NG troops generally aren't under Title 10 unless deployed overseas.