Author Topic: McAleenan Says Arrests of Migrants on Border Expected to Decline by 25 Percent in June  (Read 460 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
McAleenan Says Arrests of Migrants on Border Expected to Decline by 25 Percent in June
By Zolan Kanno-Youngs

WASHINGTON — Kevin McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, said on Friday that arrests of migrants at the southwestern border are expected to decline by 25 percent in June.

He attributed the drop to Mexico sending security forces to crack down on undocumented immigrants crossing the border and the expansion of a Trump administration policy that forces migrants to wait in Mexico while their asylum cases are processed.

Mr. McAleenan, meeting with reporters to discuss the final passage of a $4.6 billion emergency border bill, said the decrease from May, when 144,200 migrants were taken into custody — the highest monthly total in 13 years — showed the deployment of the security forces and the policy known as “Remain in Mexico” are successfully deterring migration.

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/us/politics/homeland-security-border-arrests.html

There was an article that came out,

"Mexico Turning Itself Into A Border Wall"
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexico-turning-itself-into-a-border-wall/

Premature to say but a situation to watch.  And then, who is paying for that wall?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm no wall nut, no guarantee it will work, but working with Mexico, working towards a more secure border should work.

There are going to be wildlife areas, very rugged areas and the wall just won't get built there, natural barriers and so on.

Offline bilo

Trump deserves credit. He's fighting on multiple fronts to try and get the border secured and to end as many loopholes as he can. I know some will scream "it's not enough", or "why wasn't it done sooner", but I'm happy to see it being done.

I think the wall will get built and it will work better than anticipated. I also believe Trump will be able to get a lot of concessions with the coming DACA negotiations (SCOTUS is going to rule on it next year). The country is with Trump on immigration and in the end he will win if for no other reason than he never quits.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Trump deserves credit. He's fighting on multiple fronts to try and get the border secured and to end as many loopholes as he can. I know some will scream "it's not enough", or "why wasn't it done sooner", but I'm happy to see it being done.

I think the wall will get built and it will work better than anticipated. I also believe Trump will be able to get a lot of concessions with the coming DACA negotiations (SCOTUS is going to rule on it next year). The country is with Trump on immigration and in the end he will win if for no other reason than he never quits.

I do admire your optimism, buddy!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Never know what to make of these "arrests are up/down" articles. 

It seems to me the salient fact is the number that got in.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

I'll wait for the hard numbers in a few months from the appropriate bureaucracy, but living 20 miles north of San Antonio in a German Tourist Trap I have seen many Africans lately, an ethnic group not very common here, another testament to the problem being 100 times worse since just 2017.

Cruz had a good plan and I hoped like h3ll he could pull it off, Trump stole most of it and I thought he could pull it off too especially being that he was so passionate about Immigration. 
   I'm disappointed to say the least.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Arrests are down because McAleenan tipped them off again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: