Author Topic: Remains of missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck found in Salt Lake City  (Read 3619 times)

Offline mountaineer

I agree. When you put yourself out there to people you know nothing about and agree to meet them alone at 3 AM,it shouldn't come as any surprise when you end up dead.

I do feel sorry for her family,though.
That's kind of where I am on this, too. When I worked for the Circuit Clerk, I looked at a lot of criminal files, and it was disturbing how many involved sexual assaults (or worse) of women who had accepted a ride from someone they didn't know or should have avoided.  This girl, pretty much a prostitute, surely should have know the risks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When the recession hit, it seemed like everyone started getting judgmental about their partners' jobs. If they couldn't be successful, they were going to marry someone who was.

@jmyrlefuller

There is nothing new about this. It has been going on since the dawn of time. Girls/women have traditionally been dependent on men for every aspect of their lives,and were often taught as young girls to "find a good man who can take care of you,and me (the mother) when I am old."

Supposedly this is what the whole Whymen's Lib thing was about. It was supposed to make girls and women independent and aware they didn't NEED men anymore,with no mention they didn't "need" other women,of course.

Who doesn't know of a woman that broke off an engagement and told the guy "I can do better. I can find a "professional man" with a good career and high income that will be a better provider than you."?  Of course,what they all seem to overlook is a guy with a 6 figure income usually wants a woman as educated and smart as he is,and even beautiful bimbo's lose their charm after a couple of months.

I personally know of a man now in his early 60's who has been in love with a woman now in her early 60's since high school,and she has been in love with him since then. I know this because I was friendly with both,and both told me they loved the other one.  Neither was ever willing to marry the other because they were both holding out for a marriage to someone rich.  They even told each other they would never marry each other and why.

I knew them when they were in high school,and I still see them occasionally. He ended up marrying an older woman because she had a nice house that was paid for and he was tired of paying rent,and she ended up marrying a guy whose FAMILY had money,but he won't get it until his parents die. She is divorced now,and ended up with enough in the settlement to build a nice new house. She still has to work,though. She had a son by her former husband,so I am assuming she also gets an alimony check in addition to the divorce settlement,but don't know,or even want to know. Don't even care,AFATG's.

Life just ain't hellish enough for some people,so they have to go out and find ways to make it harder on purpose.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:40:32 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Her naive mistake cost her, her life. Thrill seeker?

I wonder if they had met before? I wonder if she had done anonymous "dating" with strangers, before this time?

@truth_seeker

I am just guessing,but my best guess is new ho's don't seal their first deal by meeting a strange man alone at 3 AM.

I doubt he was even the first guy she met that night.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know what to say.  I honestly don't know those women. 

@Sanguine

I can truthfully say that describes 99 percent of the women I know. My ex told me years ago she was going to leave me even though I was a nice guy because she was beautiful and could "do better" that someone working their way through school to learn a skilled trade. She mentioned the words "doctor and lawyer" while saying this.

She is now in the process of divorcing husband number 6. AFAIK none of them have been doctors or lawyers although she dated a doctor right after she left me,but I THINK a couple might have had some bucks because they owned businesses. Then again,just because someone owns a business that doesn't mean they aren't in debt up to their eyeballs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder how many 18-19 yr old females know that there's about a ten percent physical strength gap between the average male and the average female? That's huge. That's like the average adult male trying to fight a pro football player. Or Tyrus from the Greg Gutfeld Show.
I think maybe too many young females believe the garbage they see on movies and tv today with 110 lb soaking wet females kicking the crap out of men much bigger and twice their weight.

@goatprairie

I KNOW they do because back when I was still drinking and going to bars I had more than a few offer to "kick my ass" because they didn't like something I said or do,which was really a pretty wide range of things. I never went out of my way to insult anyone or cause anyone any trouble,but didn't really care if I did by accident,either.

My response was always the same,namely to tell them to "Go for it. I will stand still right here and let you hit me,but make sure you take your best shot because I am going to knock your bleeping head off your shoulders after you do." Back then I was a lot more limber and quicker,and have hit men over 200 lbs hard enough under the chin to pick their feet up off the floor and be walking around later asking people what happened to them.

For some odd reason all these women seemed to lose all interest in beating my ass after I told them I would hit back.

I have one iron-clad rule in life. If you don't try to hurt me or mine,I will never try to hurt you.  If you do try to hurt me or mine,expect bad and painful things to happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Wild developments in this case,  even if one disapproves of her behavior, rightfuly so imho, check the latest,  June 29th, if someone did not already post. This sounds like that bondage/sado-masochism, torture, etc. Excerpt:

Suspect in Utah college student murder sought secret, soundproof room in his home: Contractor
[ABC News]
CHRIS FRANCESCANI  ,ABC News•June 29, 2019

About two months before Utah college student MacKenzie Lueck went missing, the man now suspected of her murder asked a local contractor to build a soundproof room in his home with hooks drilled into concrete walls and a secret entrance with a thumb lock, the contractor claims.

“Honestly? I don’t know what he wanted it for,” contractor Brian Wolf told ABC News’ Salt Lake City affiliate KTVX of suspect Ayoola Ajayi, 31.

“But my gut was not normal. I mean, who needs a room with a thumb locks and hooks? In my opinion it was for something bad.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/suspect-utah-college-student-murder-sought-secret-soundproof-183700964--abc-news-topstories.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_05

And the article says the contractor "got the hell out of there".  Bizarre, was Mackenzie Lueck swayed into this guy's house?

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

I KNOW they do because back when I was still drinking and going to bars I had more than a few offer to "kick my ass" because they didn't like something I said or do,which was really a pretty wide range of things. I never went out of my way to insult anyone or cause anyone any trouble,but didn't really care if I did by accident,either.

My response was always the same,namely to tell them to "Go for it. I will stand still right here and let you hit me,but make sure you take your best shot because I am going to knock your bleeping head off your shoulders after you do." Back then I was a lot more limber and quicker,and have hit men over 200 lbs hard enough under the chin to pick their feet up off the floor and be walking around later asking people what happened to them.

For some odd reason all these women seemed to lose all interest in beating my ass after I told them I would hit back.

I have one iron-clad rule in life. If you don't try to hurt me or mine,I will never try to hurt you.  If you do try to hurt me or mine,expect bad and painful things to happen to you.
I had one crazy ex girl friend who would fly into a rage and start hitting me for no reason at all. Because she was crazy.
She was almost as big as I was. I was about six feet, 190 lbs at the time. She was only a few inches shorter and not real svelte.
I basically let her punch herself out. She simply didn't know how to throw a punch. The incidents usually happened early in the morning. That's one way she relieved her frustrations.
One time she got out of bed while I was making breakfast  and launched into one of her insane episodes. I continued making breakfast as he she hit me as hard as she could for about five or ten minutes. Which wasn't very hard.
When she punched herself out, I laughed and asked her if she were through, or did she want to punch some more. She just went back to bed.
I was hit by another woman one time for making a smart remark. Nothing. Most of them simply don't know how to throw a punch.
 Which is why I can't help but laugh when I see small females on tv or in movies knocking huge guys out. In real life, the guys would hardly notice they'd been hit.
I don't consider myself a tough guy, and I didn't go around looking for trouble in my younger years. But sometimes trouble finds you anyway.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:52:25 pm by goatprairie »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I was hit by another woman one time for making a smart remark. Nothing. Most of them simply don't know how to throw a punch.

@goatprairie

And there is is. I think it was all the "You GO,Gurl!" wimmin libber shows on teebee back in the 70's that started this crap. Suddenly teenage girls were flipping off grown men and threatening to beat their asses.

I just got tired of listening to the mouthy bitches,and told them to go for it.  In the interest of fairness,I felt obligated to tell them what would happen if they did.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Must have married right then; the missus stood by me when I was laid off, and fully supported me when I had to take a lower-paying job afterward.
There is no shame in providing for your family, even if it isn't your dream job nor your normal line of work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There is no shame in providing for your family, even if it isn't your dream job nor your normal line of work.
You'd think that... but there definitely is shame. Look at anyone who has ever sneered at a burger-flipper, even if that burger joint is the only place that will hire them, and you'll realize there's shame.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You'd think that... but there definitely is shame. Look at anyone who has ever sneered at a burger-flipper, even if that burger joint is the only place that will hire them, and you'll realize there's shame.

Nope, the ones sneering aren't shamed, and I don't see any reason those who are working should feel ashamed. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are a lot of people who don't realize they are one chance happening, one office rumor, one facebook lie from being glad to have any sort of job.
They may never know how lucky they are to have a good job that pays well and look upon others with disdain.

Ever fill out an application and have people not believe the qualifications and experience  you wrote down (even though it was verifiable and true, they didn't even bother to check)? Ever be overqualified for a job and not get it (because the people doing the hiring figured you wouldn't be around long enough to justify training you)?  There are plenty of people who are in that category.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis