Author Topic: McConnell pledges to work with Democratic president on Supreme Court vacancy  (Read 359 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell pledges to work with Democratic president on Supreme Court vacancy
By Alexander Bolton - 06/27/19 03:37 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says he would give a new Democratic president’s nominee to the Supreme Court a hearing and vote in 2021, but isn’t making any promises that person would win confirmation in a GOP-controlled Senate.

McConnell noted that two of President Richard Nixon’s Supreme Court nominees failed to pass the Senate and warned the same fate could befall a newly elected Democratic president if he or she nominated someone Republicans considered too far to the left.

“A lot of it depends on the timing of the vacancy. Obviously if you have a vacancy in the first year of a term of a president, you’re not going to fail to fill that vacancy for a very lengthy period of time, no matter what the political composition is,” McConnell told reporters.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/450716-mcconnell-pledges-to-work-with-democratic-president-on-supreme-court-vacancy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

??? Sounds like he already throwing in the towel and assuming a DEM victory in 2020.  Great.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mr. Chao is a fine upstanding swamp dweller.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Sound like the turtle was simply responding to hypothetical questions and the reporter already knew what he wanted to write before the turtle answered him.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Sound like the turtle was simply responding to hypothetical questions and the reporter already knew what he wanted to write before the turtle answered him.

I'm no fan of Mr. Chao (regardless of the dumplings), but I think that you have it right.