Author Topic: WALSH: Viral Photo Shows A Father And Daughter Who Drowned Crossing The Border. The Story Behind The  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Matt Walsh
@mattwalshblog
June 26, 2019

A gut-wrenching photo that strikes at the heart of the immigration debate went viral this week. It shows a father and his young daughter face down on the shore of the Rio Grande. The girl has her arm around the man's neck. Both are dead. Any parent — well, any human being with a functioning conscience — can't help but be moved and devastated by the scene.

The Left has attempted to use the image to make its case for open borders. We are told that, somehow, this is Trump's fault. It's the GOP's fault. "This message brought to you by the Republican Party," a progressive group captioned the photo. But the story behind the image, as reported by Daily Mail and New York Magazine, reveals that this calamity was not at all brought on by strict immigration enforcement. The opposite is the case.

Oscar Alberto Martinez Ramirez and his daughter Valeria were swept away while trying to cross the Rio Grande into Texas on Sunday. Oscar made it safely across with Valeria, but tragedy struck when she followed him back into the river as he went back to get his wife. He tried to save his daughter but they both drowned in the process.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/48893/walsh-border-matt-walsh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

I heard/saw that last night.  It was said the daughter was scared on the bank by herself, and got in the water to get to her father.   I also saw a short film of his mother who lives in Dallas, Texas, reacting after she found out both had died.  I was on a local Dallas channel last night and they had this on there.

Offline dfwgator

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.