Author Topic: Cory Booker: We Need to Talk More About Transgender Americans  (Read 1244 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CHARLIE SPIERING
26 Jun 2019

Sen. Cory Booker argued during the Democrat presidential debate on Wednesday that Americans need to talk more about transgender people.

“We do not talk enough about trans-Americans, especially African American trans-Americans, and even incredibly high rates of murder right now,” he said.

He compared the transgender rights struggles to the civil rights of black Americans, recalling a time when they were lynched in America.

Booker also said that up to 30 percent of LGBT schoolchildren were afraid to go to school.

He then argued that Democrats needed to do more than just support the Equality Act proposed in Congress.

“We need to have a president that will fight to protect LGBTQ Americans every single day from violence,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/26/cory-booker-need-talk-more-transgender-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Cory Booker: We Need to Talk More About Transgender Americans
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:05:47 pm »
I found this absolutely nutso.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:09:13 pm »
CHARLIE SPIERING
26 Jun 2019

Sen. Cory Booker argued during the Democrat presidential debate on Wednesday that Americans need to talk more about transgender people.

“We do not talk enough about trans-Americans, especially African American trans-Americans, and even incredibly high rates of murder right now,” he said.

He compared the transgender rights struggles to the civil rights of black Americans, recalling a time when they were lynched in America.

Booker also said that up to 30 percent of LGBT schoolchildren were afraid to go to school.

He then argued that Democrats needed to do more than just support the Equality Act proposed in Congress.

“We need to have a president that will fight to protect LGBTQ Americans every single day from violence,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/26/cory-booker-need-talk-more-transgender-americans/

Well, if he is competing with Buttgig for the gay vote -  they will split the gay vote of roughly 1,500,000 giving them about 750,000 votes each.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:11:00 pm »
Hey Cory!  There is no such thing as a "transgendered American"!  Never has been and never will be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 03:43:22 pm »

Also, 78.3% of all statistics are completely made up.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
Also, 78.3% of all statistics are completely made up.

And the rest are pencil whipped!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 03:50:02 pm »
No we don't.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 04:00:54 pm »
No we don't.

Why should we waste even one second talking about the non-existent?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 04:17:55 pm »
Why should we waste even one second talking about the non-existent?

Well, perhaps in the overall discussion of the mentally ill...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 04:27:56 pm »
"We need to talk" = "Must have a conversation."

To the lefties, "having a conversation" really means, "I talk, you shut up and listen."  This gem from Hooker is nothing new.  Lefties consider themselves our moral and intellectual betters, so all they know is how to lecture us morons.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 04:34:51 pm »
Well, perhaps in the overall discussion of the mentally ill...........

That was the opening salvo in this war.  The first thing the loonies did was get the AMA to declare their proclivities are not mental illnesses.  "Gender Dysphoria" was deemed normal at the stroke of a few like-minded pens.  It's a very short hop from that to declaring people who disagree with this assessment "Bigots" who can then be ignored or forcibly silenced.

I could go on about how silencing bigotry is wrong, but I don't have all day to write a 5-page post on it.  Just this:  How can one expose a bigot if he/she isn't allowed to express it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 04:39:26 pm »
Right.  Try to go a week without hearing some kind of story about these poor, mistreated souls.  Shoot, try and go a day.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 04:40:16 pm »
"We need to talk" = "Must have a conversation."

To the lefties, "having a conversation" really means, "I talk, you shut up and listen."  This gem from Hooker is nothing new.  Lefties consider themselves our moral and intellectual betters, so all they know is how to lecture us morons.
goopo
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 04:42:49 pm »
That was the opening salvo in this war.  The first thing the loonies did was get the AMA to declare their proclivities are not mental illnesses.  "Gender Dysphoria" was deemed normal at the stroke of a few like-minded pens.  It's a very short hop from that to declaring people who disagree with this assessment "Bigots" who can then be ignored or forcibly silenced.

I could go on about how silencing bigotry is wrong, but I don't have all day to write a 5-page post on it.  Just this:  How can one expose a bigot if he/she isn't allowed to express it?

You're right, of course.  They started with homosexuality, which was appropriately named a mental illness, then changed to 'normal,' and then the media set out to place the issue before us and pretend there was nothing wrong with this aberration, succeeded in doing that, and now are going full throttle in calling gender disphoria normal, and as you said, calling all of us who know better "bigots."

Interesting point about silencing bigotry........ one that I will have to mull over....  :pondering:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 05:10:51 pm »
Interesting point about silencing bigotry........ one that I will have to mull over....  :pondering:

Sunshine has been, and remains the best disinfectant.  The left is working overtime to cast an eclipse over all discourse, from tearing down civil war statues to silencing all opposition to their deviancy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 05:18:31 pm »
Sunshine has been, and remains the best disinfectant.  The left is working overtime to cast an eclipse over all discourse, from tearing down civil war statues to silencing all opposition to their deviancy.

It's called fascism - most properly viewed as a contagion of the left and its obsession to forcing everyone to conform to its peculiar perspective.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »

Indeed!

Freedom is the enemy of the left.  Rational discourse must be squelched.

As long as their is truly free speech, their lies will be exposed, and they just can't tolerate that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 05:33:54 pm »
Indeed!

Freedom is the enemy of the left.  Rational discourse must be squelched.

As long as their is truly free speech, their lies will be exposed, and they just can't tolerate that.

Dracula feared the sunshine, too. :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 05:35:43 pm »
That kind of pandering for a statistically insignificant voting block is absolutely disgusting and shows the rat priorities.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742771576039460864

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.
10:31 AM - 14 Jun 2016

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5yIZG7ePs

not a dimes worth of difference between the two parties.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 05:38:42 pm »
@Once-Ler

This is not a Trump topic.  Stick to Booker.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 05:41:13 pm »
@Once-Ler

Sadly, as he has repeatly demonstrated, He doesn't have the ability.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »
John Hopkins, a well respected institution, a few years ago suspended gender reassignment surgery(they were a leader in the surgery). They evolved to believe that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder.

How anyone can see it any other way is a mystery to me.  Hopkins has it right.  These folks need psychological help, not surgery.

Booker bringing this up clearly proves he has his attention on the right issues.  Afraid not.  He is a major moron, and this proves it resoundingly!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:04:16 pm by jafo2010 »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 06:10:23 pm »
How anyone can see it any other way is a mystery to me.  Hopkins has it right.  These folks need psychological help, not surgery.
And yet the psychological community has been corrupted and cajoled by the lobbyists into not offering any help and into denying the basic tenets of biology.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 06:16:13 pm »
Corey Booger is a butt kisser.

I just feel sorry for the young kids whose parents have allowed them to undergo the trans surgery.  Parents should have worked with a therapist to get their children some help, and not go with some child's 'dream' (or nightmare).

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »
@Once-Ler

I thought it was also a thread about Transgenders.  My mistake.  So sorry @Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:12:09 pm by Once-Ler »