Author Topic: US Border Patrol investigate ‘disturbing’ secret Facebook group  (Read 304 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US Border Patrol investigate ‘disturbing’ secret Facebook group

US officials are investigating a secret Facebook group where border patrol members allegedly posted racist and sexist jokes about migrants.

The private group was called "I'm 10-15" and had about 9,500 members, including former and current border patrol agents, ProPublica reported.

Some posts mocked migrant deaths, while others targeted Latino members of Congress, ProPublica said.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48834824

The "pro-publica" article is linked and I did go through it, it's pretty bad... BUT...investigate a facebook group? They could have non-BP there if they had 9,500 members, that's a lot as if Border Patrol officers are tuned in.

So, in a nutshell, I'm real skeptical. I've never met a bad border patrol agent.... now, some have been caught in illegal acts, so, yes, there are a few bad ones that have been caught. It would only take a few bad apples to make the organization look bad.

Lastly, this really is an immigration story, even a national story... but some people seem to read this forum more, feel free to move it.

Oh, and there's really 2 other border stories going on right now, reportedly thousands of Africans are heading towards the border, maybe 35.000? I read, it's at Drudge Report, so one can see more there.

We really might have wall-to-wall coverage of the border happenings today.

So, a heads-up!

Addendum: Border Patrol might even have a majority or at least, near 50% Hispanic officers.

Beware if these stories come out looking like big bad whitey is in the uniform. I'm kind of thinking that eventually, we will there is going to be nothing to this story nor of AOC's accusations... but once stories break, who cares about the truth? The damage is done!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:14:18 am by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I am sure it is being investigated.  I am also sure that there are "bad" Border Patrol.  Even some who could be connected to the Drug Cartel.  But if you think about it the Border Patrol is a group of law enforcement who are criticized day in and day out.  What doesn't get reported is the good that they do.  So I would not be surprised if some of these people were saying bad stuff on the internet.  Months of trying to deal the best they could and the left has portrayed them as monsters.  And they probably don't see an end to the madness that makes their job impossible and thankless.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.