Author Topic: Ford asks Alabama car dealer to end shotgun giveaway after California shooting  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"All our phone lines are jammed up and it’s an overwhelming response," Ward told the Free Press on Tuesday morning. “We only have three salespeople. They’re overwhelmed right now."

In a promotion that was set to run until July 31, Ward was giving customers a $200 gift certificate for a 12-gauge shotgun good at any gun store, as well as a Bible and an American flag with a new or used vehicle purchase.

888high58888

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2019/06/26/ford-dealer-shotgun-giveaway-alabama/1571604001/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

In Texas shotguns and Fords go together with a common denominator.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"So it’s done. They’ve ended our promotion. I’m very disappointed,"  Colin Ward, general manager of Chatom Ford in Chatom, Alabama, said Wednesday.

That's too bad.  Mrs. Liberty and I have been buying Fords, now we'll have to look elsewhere.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's too bad.  Mrs. Liberty and I have been buying Fords, now we'll have to look elsewhere.

Go "Like a Rock"  or "Ram Tough".  Stay away from the Tacoma.

Online roamer_1

This would look good in your driveway, lend better access to your environment, and promote association with conservative types...:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Go "Like a Rock"  or "Ram Tough".  Stay away from the Tacoma.

I've kinda soured on Cheby.  Used to be my go-to make but I was disappointed in the later years of my Beretta.  Fortunately the bad years was after I gave it to my Sister (involuntarily.  Gave it to mom and she regifted it).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This would look good in your driveway, lend better access to your environment, and promote association with conservative types...:

A Jeep?  I dunnoo...... :shrug:  Where do they make 'em?  I hate metric wrenches.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shouldn't have let Miss Slippy see this thread.  Now she's looking at a brown Bentley W12, 6.0 Litre.  Last time she started doing that I ended up with a Castle for a house. 

:facepalm2:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:26:49 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Shouldn't have let Miss Slippy see this thread.  Now she's looking at a brown Bentley W12, 6.0 Litre.  Last time she started doing that I ended up with a Castle for a house. 

Lean her toward a classic....https://classiccars.com/listings/find/all-years/rolls-royce/silver-shadow?p=2
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

A Jeep?  I dunnoo...... :shrug:  Where do they make 'em?  I hate metric wrenches.

I dunno that you can get away with no metric anymore, unless you stay old-skool like me...

But that rubicon is pretty bulletproof.

Offline Wingnut

I've kinda soured on Cheby.  Used to be my go-to make but I was disappointed in the later years of my Beretta.  Fortunately the bad years was after I gave it to my Sister (involuntarily.  Gave it to mom and she regifted it).

Good God.. A berretta.  I can't tell you how many times  I had to tell people as a claims adjuster that car was a pos and not worth squat,

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:15:50 am by The Ghost »

Offline Smokin Joe

Nice!  And affordable!
That was what I noticed, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

I won't purchase any GM product either new or used.

I owned a 64 Chevy 409 in 1967 and later a new 69 vet. Never again.

Obysmal's involvement soured me on them.

As far as a coupon, I am sure a customer could cut their
own deal with the Ford dealership and local gun outlet
by showing a recent purchase receipt there.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I won't purchase any GM product either new or used.

I owned a 64 Chevy 409 in 1967 and later a new 69 vet. Never again.

Obysmal's involvement soured me on them.

As far as a coupon, I am sure a customer could cut their
own deal with the Ford dealership and local gun outlet
by showing a recent purchase receipt there.

:)

Same for me!  The Obama/GM screwing of their stockholders did it for me forever.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:52:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Same for me!  The Obama/GM screwing of their stockholders did it for me forever.
I have five chevy products on the pavement. All pre Obama, pre stockholder screwing, and pre bailout. I can't afford to replace them, and won't, and I actually like that particular model block, once I pull the fuse for the ABS system, which sucks. I do not anticipate buying a new one, though. I also have a few Fords, a couple of Internationals, a Lincoln, a Toyota, a Harley, a Honda, and a couple others, but they aren't daily drivers at this point.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ford must be tired of selling trucks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

My "good truck" is a 3/4 ton 06 GMC extended cab with the 365hp 665 fl lbs of torque 6.6 turbo diesel. Last year of the engines with no smog controls. Only a EGR valve. LOVE that truck. Hook 20k lbs to it and go down the interstate at 75 MPH with the cruise control on,and forget you are pulling anything.

Love it so much I bought a new 2016 Chevy crew cab 4x4 half ton to keep from putting so many miles on my good truck,and so I wouldn't have to drive my good truck through the water when the island floods.

Mechanically the 5.3 2016 is troublefree even though it has the standard Chevy trim and electronics issues and the seeming inability of the dealerships to fix them. Gets 20-21 MPG unloaded going down the highway at 60 MPH with the cruise control on. Got  in on sale after the 2017's came out,and got close to 15 k off the sticker,so I can't bitch about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

She has never heard of Auburn's or Duesenbergs? Steer her towards a nice 30's Auburn or Duesenberg. They hold their value good ,and no matter where you go,you will be driving the classiest and most beautiful car there.

A man with a castle needs an appropriate car parked out front in the circular driveway so the mailman knows you aren't riffraff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:50:50 pm by sneakypete »

Online berdie

Yesterday, when I was young (I hear a song in that) my dream car was a Jag. Today, I'd have to have a friend help me out.

Today...my dream car would be a Bentley. But I want a brand, ole new spanking new one. Go,,Slippy...go!

Sadly, I'll never have either. I'll settle for my paid for Honda Ridgeline which is comfy and easy to get in and out of. (Yeah..I know it's a chick truck, lol)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

She has never heard of Auburn's or Duesenbergs? Steer her towards a nice 30's Auburn or Duesenberg. They hold their value good ,and no matter where you go,you will be driving the classiest and most beautiful car there.

A man with a castle needs an appropriate car parked out front in the circular driveway so the mailman knows you aren't riffraff.

@sneakypete

Drove a Franklin of that vintage once.  A class car. 

I showed her the Rolls page that @Smokin Joe posted.  Nice cars, and affordable.  Would not mind a Duesen at all, though.  Not even a little bit, once the tab is paid.

:terror:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Drove a Franklin of that vintage once.  A class car. 

I showed her the Rolls page that @Smokin Joe posted.  Nice cars, and affordable.  Would not mind a Duesen at all, though.  Not even a little bit, once the tab is paid.

:terror:

There was a maroon 38 Cord cabriolet sitting near the front door of the A-C-D Museum in Indiana when I went there that had a paint job that seemed to be several feet thick,and so smooth a fly couldn't land on it without busting his ass.  I have no idea what it would cost to buy that car,but no amount of money would be too much. May have been the most beautiful thing I have seen in my life.

Picture this in flawless deep maroon.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cord/sportsman/2263090.html