Author Topic: Motorcycle club leader says resignation of RMV head over N.H. crash is ‘ridiculous’  (Read 673 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The head of a motorcycle club that lost seven people in a horrific New Hampshire crash last week said Wednesday that the abrupt resignation of the Massachusetts RMV boss is a “ridiculous” response to the tragedy, allegedly caused by a West Springfield man who kept his commercial driver’s license after an impaired driving arrest last month in Connecticut.

“It’s ridiculous for someone to be allowed to resign, or forced to resign . . . [and] run away from the problem,” said Manny Ribeiro, president of Jarheads MC, which lost seven riders who were killed June 21 when a truck driven by Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, allegedly plowed into them in Randolph, N.H.

Zhukovskyy, who has a driving history including multiple OUI arrests and accidents, faces seven counts of negligent homicide stemming from the New Hampshire crash.

Authorities contend he was driving erratically as he headed west Friday night on Route 2 in a 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck. The truck, which had a trailer attached to it, crossed the center line and fatally struck the motorcyclists, who were traveling east on the two-lane highway, officials have said.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/06/26/motorcycle-club-leader-says-resignation-rmv-boss-over-crash-revelations-ridiculous-response/ws5wl4bv6vSFkpIvTlJEUL/story.html

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, the bureaucrats managed to screw the pooch and the guy kept his license waay too long.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, the bureaucrats managed to screw the pooch and the guy kept his license waay too long.

Do you think he would have still run down the bikers if he had a suspended license?  It's like guns.  Only the law-abiding are affected by a gun ban or a lack of a driver's license.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

Do you think he would have still run down the bikers if he had a suspended license?  It's like guns.  Only the law-abiding are affected by a gun ban or a lack of a driver's license.
Let's put it this way. You are the dispatcher of any commercial trucking company.

Would you hire someone who had a suspended license to haul cargo? Would you undertake that sort of liability exposure?

Oh, Hell, no!

He might have been driving (something, somewhere, despite being suspended), but it likely would not have been that rig or there, and that's all it takes.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let's put it this way. You are the dispatcher of any commercial trucking company.

Would you hire someone who had a suspended license to haul cargo? Would you undertake that sort of liability exposure?

Oh, Hell, no!

He might have been driving (something, somewhere, despite being suspended), but it likely would not have been that rig or there, and that's all it takes.

Ooops!  I forgot it was a commercial truck.   888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

Ooops!  I forgot it was a commercial truck.   888mouth
The devil's in the details, bro!  :nono: :laugh:

C S Lewis