Author Topic: Adam Schiff: We Will Ask Mueller Questions That Are Outside The Scope Of His Report When He Testifie  (Read 199 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Adam Schiff: We Will Ask Mueller Questions That Are Outside The Scope Of His Report When He Testifies
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date June 26, 2019

Rep. Adam Schiff joined MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Wednesday to discuss breaking news that Robert Mueller has agreed to testify before Congress in July.

ANDREA MITCHELL, MSNBC ANCHOR: Joining me now is democratic House Intelligence Chair, Adam Schiff, one of the two chairman, along with Jerry Nadler, who's committee subpoenaed Robert Mueller to appear. And he's joining me now from the - from Capitol Hill. First of all, is he appearing voluntarily, willingly because he certainly set the terms during his eight minute appearance back on the 29th of May saying that he did not want to testify, did not want to appear?

REP. ADAM SCHIFF (D-CA): Well, I wouldn't characterize it as a friendly subpoena. I don't think that's how the special counsel views it. Nonetheless, they are going to comply with it, but he certainly I think is (inaudbile) to come before the Congress. You know, from his perspective and, you know, their staff has shared this with us. He views himself of a prosecutor and prosecutors usually don't testify about the results of their investigation. They go to trial.

But as Mueller himself pointed out in his own report, he did not make a traditional prosecutorial judgment. Instead, he referred the matter to Congress and it's perfectly appropriate for Congress to bring him in to talk about the course of his investigation, the witnesses he interviewed, those he didn't interview, those that wouldn't speak to him, the processes he used the counterintelligence information that was gathered, what happened to those findings, and most important any outstanding risk to the country, any compromise that was revealed that the Congress needs to deal with.

more
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/06/26/adam_schiff_were_going_to_ask_mueller_questions_that_are_outside_his_report_when_he_testifies.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34