Author Topic: Texas gained almost nine Hispanic residents for every additional white resident last year  (Read 896 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/20/texas-hispanic-population-pace-surpass-white-residents/

Texas gained almost nine Hispanic residents for every additional white resident last year

New census estimates show Texas' Hispanic population growth continues to surpass white population growth, with Hispanics on pace to soon represent a plurality.

BY ALEXA URA AND CONNIE HANZHANG JIN
JUNE 20, 2019

The gap between Texas’ Hispanic and white populations continued to narrow last year when the state gained almost nine Hispanic residents for every additional white resident.

With Hispanics expected to become the largest population group in Texas as soon as 2022, new population estimates released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau showed the Hispanic population climbed to nearly 11.4 million — an annual gain of 214,736 through July 2018 and an increase of 1.9 million since 2010.

The white population, meanwhile, grew by just 24,075 last year. Texas still has a bigger white population — up to 11.9 million last year — but it has only grown by roughly 484,000 since 2010. The white population’s growth has been so sluggish this decade that it barely surpassed total growth among Asian Texans, who make up a tiny share of the total population, in the same time period.

More at URL above...

Poster's comments:
There's a chart there (that wouldn't easily copy over to here) that is damning.
Between 2010 and 2018 (estimate), the white population increased 484,211 -- but the Hispanic population zoomed up 1,907,928.

These numbers portend a future that is inevitable and irreversible.
Texas' future (both of the coloration of its population and of its politics) looks like this:

Offline LegalAmerican

Mexico lost a war...then sold us some land.  NOW..they want ti back.  They think they are entitled to 6 our our states. 

AZTLAN. 

TEXAS, NEVADA, ARIZONA, New Mexico, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO.  Since they can't win by war, they are doing it by ILLEGALS COMING IN AND CLAIMING OUR LAND,  that way. Same thing with muslims. Doing the same things to take over America.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Mexico lost a war...then sold us some land.  NOW..they want ti back.  They think they are entitled to 6 our our states. 

AZTLAN. 

TEXAS, NEVADA, ARIZONA, New Mexico, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO.  Since they can't win by war, they are doing it by ILLEGALS COMING IN AND CLAIMING OUR LAND,  that way. Same thing with muslims. Doing the same things to take over America.

Don't worry.  Mexico is patrolling the border now.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wait until these numbers are revised back downward in 2020 with the official census. The estimates are never accurate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Night Hides Not

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/20/texas-hispanic-population-pace-surpass-white-residents/

Texas gained almost nine Hispanic residents for every additional white resident last year

New census estimates show Texas' Hispanic population growth continues to surpass white population growth, with Hispanics on pace to soon represent a plurality.

BY ALEXA URA AND CONNIE HANZHANG JIN
JUNE 20, 2019

The gap between Texas’ Hispanic and white populations continued to narrow last year when the state gained almost nine Hispanic residents for every additional white resident.

With Hispanics expected to become the largest population group in Texas as soon as 2022, new population estimates released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau showed the Hispanic population climbed to nearly 11.4 million — an annual gain of 214,736 through July 2018 and an increase of 1.9 million since 2010.

The white population, meanwhile, grew by just 24,075 last year. Texas still has a bigger white population — up to 11.9 million last year — but it has only grown by roughly 484,000 since 2010. The white population’s growth has been so sluggish this decade that it barely surpassed total growth among Asian Texans, who make up a tiny share of the total population, in the same time period.

More at URL above...

Poster's comments:
There's a chart there (that wouldn't easily copy over to here) that is damning.
Between 2010 and 2018 (estimate), the white population increased 484,211 -- but the Hispanic population zoomed up 1,907,928.

These numbers portend a future that is inevitable and irreversible.
Texas' future (both of the coloration of its population and of its politics) looks like this:

Go ahead and blame me and thousands of Caucasians for contributing to those stats...my Hispanic wife and I are the lucky parents of 3 great kids, who check the Hispanic box on demographic questions.

They're as conservative as their parents are, and fight the good fight when it comes to debunking liberal positions on the issues.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline GrouchoTex

I heard this on the radio this morning.
I don't know if this number is 100% accurate, but I can say without reservation that people of Central and South American ancestry are outpacing the growth of us born of European descent, here in Texas.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My problem with this article is just that they are taking estimated numbers and claiming them as factual.

I am not denying that our population growth has a very large Hispanic component.

But Please:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I also have a Hispanic wife and three wonderful kids. I have no clue what they identify demographically. I've never asked. They are all very conservative, but 2 out of three vote 3rd party.
My wife is a die hard Democrat, but in 2016 I was actually able to convince her to vote for Cruz in the primary. She didn't vote in the General and I'm afraid she's back to being Democrat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder how much of this growth in Hispanic residents are citizens?

And I wonder just exactly how these Census estimates are obtained anyway without any real data.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how much of this growth in Hispanic residents are citizens?

And I wonder just exactly how these Census estimates are obtained anyway without any real data.

https://www.census.gov/content/census/en/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-state-detail.html
State Population by Characteristics: 2010-2018

This page features all the files containing Vintage 2018 state population estimates by demographic characteristics.

https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/popest/technical-documentation/methodology/2010-2018/2018-natstcopr-meth.pdf
METHODOLOGY FOR THE UNITED STATES POPULATION ESTIMATES: VINTAGE 2018
Nation, States, Counties, and Puerto Rico – April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2018

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yet another reason why the Progressives want our southern border wide open. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

:beer:

Indeed.

https://www.census.gov/content/census/en/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-state-detail.html
State Population by Characteristics: 2010-2018

This page features all the files containing Vintage 2018 state population estimates by demographic characteristics.

https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/popest/technical-documentation/methodology/2010-2018/2018-natstcopr-meth.pdf
METHODOLOGY FOR THE UNITED STATES POPULATION ESTIMATES: VINTAGE 2018
Nation, States, Counties, and Puerto Rico – April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2018
Yep, this shows the fact that not only citizens are counted, but also whoever happens to live here or sneaks in illegally.

Also within report is this sentence: 
The population estimates are used for federal funding allocations, as controls for major surveys including the Current Population Survey and the American Community Survey, for community development, to aid business planning, and as denominators for statistical rates.

This is not a Census.  It is a guesstimate.  So any guesstimates done here are directing taxpayer money where illegals are highest.  It is certainly the advantage of states to encourage illegals to be included in guesstimates to grab the money.

It has always been speculative that the intent of the Founders in the Constitution that foreigners living in this country be included in a Census.  This is of greater importance when that figure is used to proportion the allocation of seats in Congress as well as entitlements.

Is there any question that these guesstimates between Census dates are also even less precise than the detailed Census yet they are still used for allocating federal dollars?

So we have a system in place that has dubious validity at best that incentivizes states to import illegals to better their budgets on the backs of other states via allocation of federal dollars.

While I do not know the best mechanism to do so, I believe one of the most important milestones that could be made during the next two years is for this administration to make the utmost effort to unequivocally imprint that counting citizens Only for the Constitutional language of the Census requirement whether by Judicial means or otherwise.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yep, this shows the fact that not only citizens are counted, but also whoever happens to live here or sneaks in illegally.

Also within report is this sentence: 
The population estimates are used for federal funding allocations, as controls for major surveys including the Current Population Survey and the American Community Survey, for community development, to aid business planning, and as denominators for statistical rates.

This is not a Census.  It is a guesstimate.  So any guesstimates done here are directing taxpayer money where illegals are highest.  It is certainly the advantage of states to encourage illegals to be included in guesstimates to grab the money.

It has always been speculative that the intent of the Founders in the Constitution that foreigners living in this country be included in a Census.  This is of greater importance when that figure is used to proportion the allocation of seats in Congress as well as entitlements.

Is there any question that these guesstimates between Census dates are also even less precise than the detailed Census yet they are still used for allocating federal dollars?

So we have a system in place that has dubious validity at best that incentivizes states to import illegals to better their budgets on the backs of other states via allocation of federal dollars.

While I do not know the best mechanism to do so, I believe one of the most important milestones that could be made during the next two years is for this administration to make the utmost effort to unequivocally imprint that counting citizens Only for the Constitutional language of the Census requirement whether by Judicial means or otherwise.

Illegal Immigration is a crime at so many levels.  The drug cartel, drug and human smuggling.  The political crimes once the illegals get here.  Everyone has their hands in the money.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

The Alabama lawsuit is desperately needed.
Gaming the Census will make America like the countries migrants flee
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/gaming_the_census_will_make_america_like_the_countries_migrants_flee.html

It is not only the census in which illegals are counted; it is the guessestimates made every year that reallocate federal funds by population.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Illegal Immigration is a crime at so many levels.  The drug cartel, drug and human smuggling.  The political crimes once the illegals get here.  Everyone has their hands in the money.

That is why it is such an important issue for me....  it is destroying the very fabric of our country....

Offline libertybele

Exactly correct.  I never had any doubt whatsover; this is been the plan for a very long time and why the DEMS have pushed for amnesty for over a decade.  This all equate to DEM votes; all by design.

The DEMS are now blaming Trump and want now to throw billions in aid at the border to make it look like they are the humanitarian ones.  The DEMS could care less about these people.  If they did, they would be concerned about the girls and women who are repeatedly raped just to get here.  The DEMS only want their votes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

That is why it is such an important issue for me....  it is destroying has destroyed the very fabric of our country....

Our Republic is busting at the seams with illegals coming in from 50+ different countries.  I still feel our President could have done a heck of a lot more a long time ago.  Here we sit.  The agreement with Mexico is a joke and so are the threats of tariffs. 

Economically we cannot sustain the influx and this too will have an effect not only on the votes, states going from red to purple and perhaps even blue, but on our revitalized economy under President Trump.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:35:10 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Our Republic is busting at the seams with illegals coming in from 50+ different countries.  I still feel our President could have done a heck of a lot more a long time ago.  Here we sit.  The agreement with Mexico is a joke and so are the threats of tariffs. 

Economically we cannot sustain the influx and this too will have an effect not only on the votes, states going from red to purple and perhaps even blue, but on our revitalized economy under President Trump.

As I have said before, it is all about the Benjamins, and the Big Club doesn't give a tinker's damn about the rest of us....

Offline libertybele

As I have said before, it is all about the Benjamins, and the Big Club doesn't give a tinker's damn about the rest of us....

True.  However, they are complete fools if they think that this isn't going to eventually affect them.  Those that are creating this influx and allowing it to happen will remain in power for a while; but at the end of the day, either they themselves or their children or grandchildren will be affected. Shame on them for putting their families in such a position. Quite probably, the very people that they allowed to migrate here for votes, will one day be members of the elite ruling class majority and they won't give a tinker's damn about those that let them in.

If they are also stupid enough to think that the Muslims/Islamic terrorists won't have a foothold in this country and they will escape their wrath, they are very sadly mistaken.  Shame on them for not learning from Europe.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Here is the thing we are commonly ignoring, as conservatives. Once you get away from the urban gang types, most of the Hispanic people I have known are family oriented, and tend very strongly to be conservative.

This could backfire on the Democrats once the people find out what is what and who stands for what, if y'all can keep the GOP from hurling itself into the Leftist abyss in pursuit of votes.

Get past the language barrier.
Stand for something.
That is respected even among those who might disagree, and gives people reason to agree because the GOP won't have slid left by next week.
What many of these people want is an opportunity to stand up and do things for themselves and their family.
After all, self-respect comes first, before others can truly respect you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Here is the thing we are commonly ignoring, as conservatives. Once you get away from the urban gang types, most of the Hispanic people I have known are family oriented, and tend very strongly to be conservative."

No, Joe.

The "color of the population" inevitably reflects its culture and its politics.

For the sake of argument, what if the percentage of Hispanics in California was still the same as it was in, say, 1955?
And also, what if the percentage of Asians in California was still the same as it was in 1955?

Would you assert that if that were so, that California would be more or less liberal/progressive as it is today?

Would you assert that the democrat-communists would have more or less power than they have in that state today?

Obviously, the politics of California TODAY are much-changed than they were in 1955.
What portion of the population is now A MINORITY in California today?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Joe wrote:
"Here is the thing we are commonly ignoring, as conservatives. Once you get away from the urban gang types, most of the Hispanic people I have known are family oriented, and tend very strongly to be conservative."

No, Joe.

The "color of the population" inevitably reflects its culture and its politics.

For the sake of argument, what if the percentage of Hispanics in California was still the same as it was in, say, 1955?
And also, what if the percentage of Asians in California was still the same as it was in 1955?

Would you assert that if that were so, that California would be more or less liberal/progressive as it is today?

Would you assert that the democrat-communists would have more or less power than they have in that state today?

Obviously, the politics of California TODAY are much-changed than they were in 1955.
What portion of the population is now A MINORITY in California today?
I can't speak for California, except to say it looks like a nice place if the big wave would just wash all the liberals overboard. That might stink for a while, but a year or so later, the scavengers would have things cleaned up pretty well.
From the cheap seats, the colors of California include a prominent rainbow, the Red of Communism, bolstered by Hollywood, and the image makers have attracted a large contingent of stupid white people who vote for that. Not all the urban votes are Black, Oriental, or Mexican.  Some of that complexion change is from stupid white liberals pandering to just about anyone they can on the superficial basis of race, so they can keep their lilly white asses in power. That's worked swimmingly, and they have not only kept power, but consolidated it to the point that even some of the working folks think they should be pampered, too.
The result is a State more in debt than most countries, pissing money away like they are the ones who are printing it, trying to buy even more votes as people wise up and move away. Only their propaganda and control industries remain unmolested. Others stay because that's where the resources are they (often with great difficulty) make their livings from.
Have things improved in Watts? Compton? Is life for the plantation denizens any better? we know the answer to that.
California sure seems to have plenty of resources no one there wants anyone to use, while whining that other people use their resources where they are, and often trying to prevent that, even though a significant number of Californians seem to feel they are entitled to those resources.  And there are lots of smug folks trying to tell the 'root hog or die' productive people in this country they can't use their resources to be productive.
Anyone who assimilates to that has a screw loose, imho.
So, look what someone in California would assimilate to. Other Communist dominated (call 'em what they are, they hate that) parts of the country are similar, claim to be 'sanctuaries' while they really are just looking for a new pet underclass to milk for cheap labor for grunt jobs and votes.
That (urban, liberal) culture is as alien to those of us in the Northern Plains as what they believe got off (the whatever it was they think that came down) at Roswell. 

I guess my experience (which is what I was talking about) is limited to the hard working people I have met in the cultural context I live in, and for the most part, they are good, solid, family oriented folks who are hard working. These are the people the Dems claim to be courting while they are stocking their sanctuary plantations, who won't have any part of that. The Dems are looking for useful idiots, socialist no-loads, the uneducated who don't even understand what they are being told, just that they get paid to believe it. There is no self-respect in that, and the Dems will reap resentment sooner or later, just as many Blacks are resenting their pandering crap after a half century of destroying what their people could have been, where people fell for that crap. Elsewhere, there are plenty of Conservative, hard-working Blacks doing just fine, except dealing with any onus from the reputation the urban plantation dwellers have gained thanks to the Dems social programs.

But folks here weren't sponsored by the Dems, no one is waving La Raza banners here. This 'be an American' stuff is pretty attractive to people who just want a chance to stand on their own two feet (the real reason most came here in the first place), and there is a strong contingent of 'real men' who won't settle for being the pawns of some skank at Social Services when they can go earn a living. Of course, the future pawns are attracted by the pandering pimps of California's cities, and they will likely be trapped by the very liberal nectar that brings them in. Where does that lead? To the breakdown of their families, to the destruction of their culture, or to balkanization within that context to survive with some faint modicum of self-respect.
How are the Blacks doing on the urban plantations? How are the Dems going to deal with the cross-cultural difficulties which are almost inevitable when they find out they are in the back of the Democrat Bus again? Mover a la espalda!

Locally, from what I know, and in contrast to the urban La Raza/BLM/Antifa Socialist Democrats, these are the people who don't want illegals in here either, because they don't want to be assumed to be some 'welfare wetback'.
They work for a living, establish businesses, and do good work. For that, they earn respect among what was once a population overwhelmingly of Norwegian/German ancestry. with a relatively small Native American contingent.

If conservatives play on that desire to be productive, to be respected, to be a part of something bigger and better, they can win hearts and minds--and Americans. Votes will follow.

If they ignore that, their disdain will push these people into the other camp where they are promised handouts for votes, just because they have no place else to go.

One of the stupidest things anyone can do is to make enemies unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 02:39:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis