Author Topic: Two Republican senators say rape allegation against Trump should be investigated while many in GOP s  (Read 539 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two Republican senators say rape allegation against Trump should be investigated while many in GOP stay mum

By Ted Barrett and Kristin Wilson, CNN

Updated 10:38 PM ET, Tue June 25, 2019

CNN)Two Republican senators said Tuesday the rape allegation made against President Donald Trump by writer E. Jean Carroll should be explored to determine the veracity of the allegation against the President -- even as many Senate Republicans sidestepped questions over the matter and defended Trump.

Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa said both Trump and Carroll should be questioned about the alleged assault.

"I think anybody that makes an accusation like that, they should come forward," Ernst said when asked if Carroll should be believed. "But obviously there has to be some additional information. They need to interview her. They need to visit with him."

Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said there needs to be an "evaluation" but that he didn't know what entity should conduct it, "whether it's Congress or whether it's another setting, I'm not sure."

more
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/politics/joni-ernst-mitt-romney-trump-rape-allegation/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Not surprised to see either of those names....  perhaps a bit surprised that there aren't more....  yet...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Disgusting. Another investigation into a fantasy where the supposed "victim" can't recall when it happened.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

Disgusting. Another investigation into a fantasy where the supposed "victim" can't recall when it happened.

Exactly.  The Mueller investigation didn't bring Trump down, so the left has to pull out yet another accusation out of their 'hats' (yes, I'm being kind).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Exactly.  The Mueller investigation didn't bring Trump down, so the left has to pull out yet another accusation out of their 'hats' (yes, I'm being kind).

Next it will be something to do with how he handled the hurricane in Puerto Rico,  they just go through the rotation.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yes, I have to agree.  I saw her on CNN.  This is just in time for 2020 elections.  If there wasn't a police report or investigation at the time then its a non issue.  The time to bring charges against Trump was in the 80's if she thought he had raped her.  Not now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:38:21 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Yes, I have to agree.  I saw her on CNN.  This is just in time for 2020 elections.  If there wasn't a police report or investigation at the time then its a non issue.  The time to bring charges against Trump was in the 80's if she thought he had raped her.  Not now.

Exactly correct.  No different than the accusations against Kavanaugh and Moore...the continuing saga of the DEM smear.  I am hoping that they've cried wolf so many times, that no one is going to buy into their accusations any more.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm writing this reply having read only the title and I don't know who "the two Republican senators" are yet.

But I'll take a wild, uneducated guess:
- one is from Maine
and
- the other is from Utah.

Was I close?
(will find out to my chagrin as soon as I post this)

Addendum:
Well, got one out of two...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:47:34 am by Fishrrman »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The seriousness of the accusation demands that action be taken to investigate the crime.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are playing this gambit one Moore time, just to see if it will work. Chickens, roost, and all that.

None of the 'pubbies are immune, and the Democommies see it as a resume enhancer....for them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not surprised to see either of those names....  perhaps a bit surprised that there aren't more....  yet...
At the rate this is going, seems some 'publicans are determined to turn coat so fast it looks like a magic show.
Always just enough of them to feed the lib lie machine.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis